Jay Z Reportedly Investigated by MLBPA for Giving Robinson Cano Expensive Watch

Jay Z greatest punchlines thread in disguise?
laugh.gif

The cost of that watch is pennnies compared to what Jay will make when Robby inks a deal :x

Last edited:
Why is it a big deal? Cano can afford to buy the watch

WIth that new contract he could buy 2 every day and still have $10k left over....

Not the point though. And J is embarrassing himself by not understanding the simple rules of what being an agent means.
His first client and he stumbles into Being-an-Agent 101 cause he didn't take it seriously.
If you want to have a professional relationship with someone, you have to limit the social relationship.

J is not a lawyer and not even a real agent. Frankly, I don't even understand why he wanted to be an agent in the first place. It can be a pretty menial, thankless job.

Last edited:
I don't think Jay Z has any interest in being an agent, he just wants to be on top of a sports agency. Big difference, he'll be in the room when the big deals are signed but his minions will be doing all the work.

You think Scott Boras does the dirty work? :lol:, nah b, he owns the damn agency.

I don't think Jay Z has any interest in being an agent, he just wants to be on top of a sports agency. Big difference, he'll be in the room when the big deals are signed but his minions will be doing all the work.

You think Scott Boras does the dirty work? :lol:, nah b, he owns the damn agency.

I know his staff puts together pitchbooks that investment bankers would be envious of.

Your absolutely right. I agree both about Boras and J's ambitions.
But Boras is a lawyer and extremely experienced agent who built himself up through that industry by learning it inside and out

J knows nothing about being an agent, or being the president of an agency, and he showed it here
He wanted to jump straight to the top without learning the ropes - Hubris -

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom