JASON WHITLOCK IS +%%%#!# DUMB!vol. does he hate being black?

[size=+0]Taylor's death a grim reminder for us all[/size]

[size=+0] [/size]

[size=+0]There's a reason I call them the Black KKK. The pain, the fear and the destruction are all the same.[/size]

[size=+0]Someone who loved Sean Taylor is crying right now. The life they knew has been destroyed, an 18-month-old baby lost her father, and, ifyou're a black man living in America, you've been reminded once again that your life is in constant jeopardy of violent death.[/size]

[size=+0]The Black KKK claimed another victim, a high-profile professional football player with a checkered past this time.[/size]

[size=+0]No, we don't know for certain the circumstances surrounding Taylor's death. I could very well be proven wrong for engaging inthis sort of aggressive speculation. But it's no different than if you saw a fat man fall to the ground clutching his chest. You'd assume a heartattack, and you'd know, no matter the cause, the man needed to lose weight.[/size]

[size=+0]Well, when shots are fired and a black man hits the pavement, there's every statistical reason to believe another black man pulledthe trigger. That's not some negative, unfair stereotype. It's a reality we've been living with, tolerating and rationalizing for far toolong.[/size]

[size=+0]When the traditional, white KKK lynched, terrorized and intimidated black folks at a slower rate than its modern-day dark-skinnedreplacement, at least we had the good sense to be outraged and in no mood to contemplate rationalizations or be fooled by distractions.[/size]

[size=+0]About as well as the attempt to shift attention away from this uniquely African-American crisis by focusing on an "injustice"the white media allegedly perpetrated against Sean Taylor.[/size]

[size=+0][size=+0]Within hours of his death, there was a story circulating that members of the black press were complaining that newsoutlets were disrespecting Taylor's victimhood <http://www.maynardije.org/columns/dickprince/071127_prince/>[/size] [size=+0]by reporting on his troubled past[/size][/size]

[size=+0]No disrespect to Taylor, but he controlled the way he would be remembered by the way he lived. His immature, undisciplined behavior withhis employer, his run-ins with law enforcement, which included allegedly threatening a man with a loaded gun, and the fact a vehicle he owned was once sprayedwith bullets are all pertinent details when you've been murdered.[/size]

[size=+0]Marcellus Wiley, a former NFL player, made the radio circuit Wednesday, singing the tune that athletes are targets. That was hisexplanation for the murders of Taylor and Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams and the armed robberies of NBA players Antoine Walker and EddyCurry.[/size]

[size=+0]Really?[/size]

[size=+0]Let's cut through the bull(manure) and deal with reality. Black men are targets of black men. Period. Go check the coroner'soffice and talk with a police detective. These bullets aren't checking W-2s.[/size]

[size=+0]Rather than whine about white folks' insensitivity or reserve a special place of sorrow for rich athletes, we'd be better servedmustering the kind of outrage and courage it took in the 1950s and 1960s to stop the white KKK from hanging black men from trees.[/size]

[size=+0]But we don't want to deal with ourselves. We take great joy in prescribing medicine to cure the hate in other people's hearts.Meanwhile, our self-hatred, on full display for the world to see, remains untreated, undiagnosed and unrepentant.[/size]

[size=+0]Our self-hatred has been set to music and reinforced by a pervasive culture that promotes a crab-in-barrel mentality.[/size]

[size=+0]You're damn straight I blame hip hop for playing a role in the genocide of American black men. When your leading causes of death anddysfunction are murder, ignorance and incarceration, there's no reason to give a free pass to a culture that celebrates murder, ignorance andincarceration.[/size]

[size=+0]Of course there are other catalysts, but until we recapture the minds of black youth, convince them that it's not OK to "superman dat ho" and end any and every dispute by "cocking on your ##+*!," nothing will change.[/size]

[size=+0]Does a Soulja Boy want an education?[/size]

[size=+0]HBO did a fascinating documentary on Little Rock Central High School, the Arkansas school that required the National Guard so that nineblack kids could attend in the 1950s. Fifty years later, the school is one of the nation's best in terms of funding and educational opportunities. It's60 percent black and located in a poor black community.[/size]

[size=+0]Watch the documentary and ask yourself why nine poor kids in the '50s risked their lives to get a good education and a thousand poorblack kids today ignore the opportunity that is served to them on a platter.[/size]

[size=+0]Blame drugs, blame Ronald Reagan, blame George Bush, blame it on the rain or whatever. There's only one group of people who canchange the rotten, anti-education, pro-violence culture our kids have adopted. We have to do it.[/size]

[size=+0]HBO did a fascinating documentary on Little Rock Central High School, the Arkansas school that required the National Guard so that nineblack kids could attend in the 1950s. Fifty years later, the school is one of the nation's best in terms of funding and educational opportunities. It's60 percent black and located in a poor black community.[/size]

[size=+0]Watch the documentary and ask yourself why nine poor kids in the '50s risked their lives to get a good education and a thousand poorblack kids today ignore the opportunity that is served to them on a platter.[/size]

[size=+0]Blame drugs, blame Ronald Reagan, blame George Bush, blame it on the rain or whatever. There's only one group of people who canchange the rotten, anti-education, pro-violence culture our kids have adopted. We have to do it.[/size]

[size=+0]According to reports, Sean Taylor had difficulty breaking free from the unsavory characters he associated with during hisyouth.[/size]

[size=+0]The "keepin' it real" mantra of hip hop is in direct defiance to evolution. There's always someone ready to tell youyou're selling out if you move away from the immature and dangerous activities you used to do, you're selling out if you speak proper English, embraceeducation, dress like a grown man, do anything mainstream.[/size]

[size=+0]The Black KKK is enforcing the same crippling standards as its parent organization. It wants to keep black men in their place -uneducated, outside the mainstream and six feet deep.[/size]

[size=+0]In all likelihood, the Black Klan and its mentality buried Sean Taylor, and any black man or boy reading this could benext.[/size]

Wow.

I'm lost for words
tired.gif

don't feel like going into it as long winded as I did on another board. But as always, decent general premise with his argument anybody can agree with(violence is bad) and then it goes all over the place searching for relationships and causation that don't really exist.

I actually think Whitlock made some great points. I think it's a problem when WE immediately become defensive when our OWN calls us out. Yes, he makes toomany reference to hip hop and violence but he makes some valid points. Our people are the ones perpetuating imagery that they see on tv and quite frankly Ithink it's detrimental to our people. Once you can step outside YOUR box, and take this column for what it is, then you will become more CONSCIOUSLY openminded. This DOESNT apply to all A.A but many...

Originally Posted by nanbeezy

I actually think Whitlock made some great points. I think it's a problem when WE immediately become defensive when our OWN calls us out. Yes, he makes too many reference to hip hop and violence but he makes some valid points. Our people are the ones perpetuating imagery that they see on tv and quite frankly I think it's detrimental to our people. Once you can step outside YOUR box, and take this column for what it is, then you will become more CONSCIOUSLY open minded. This DOESNT apply to all A.A but many...

True to some degree...BUT

to blame Hip-Hop as a WHOLE for the plight that the black man is in is a scapegoat.

ha begins with a valid argument, but then loses himself in his usual accusations, which derails the issue and his points.

he does make some valid points though imo.

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

Well, when shots are fired and a black man hits the pavement, there's every statistical reason to believe another black man pulled the trigger. That's not some negative, unfair stereotype. It's a reality we've been living with, tolerating and rationalizing for far too long.

This #$$%. This is one of the most racist thing that i have ever heard and by a black man? SMH

Fact is Sean Taylor had a dude break into his house with his girl and his baby daughter and was shot to death. Imaaine the pain his wife has to deal with andthe emotional scars of his daughter and that she will never have a dad for the rest of her life. That is #$%*#$@ disgraceful. No man deserves what happened tohim. Especailly a man that was improving his act its not like he was a murderer or anything. what happened to him was terrible and a HUGE tragedy. Shouldnt betaken any other way. SMH at bums like this saying cause hes black there were reasons, and even more any black man? Thats like saying if 5 people are shot in arobbery and one is black, just because of his skin color there was reason to it. There is no reason to wjat happened to sean Taylor. I mean maybe there was, idont know, but none that should lead o him broken in on in his own house and shot. SMH at people trying to make this like this $%!$ was his falt. No man unlesstheyy are a +#**+$* cereal killer or something deserves that. AND SMH AT THIS MOTHA #$%*#$@ BUM.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

EDIT: and why is Hip-Hop always to blame?

i agree that he had valid points, but he just HAD to bring hip-hop into it like every single article he writes, and that just makes him lose the previouscredibility he may have been building

and he seemed to love pointing out negatives and bashing more than possibly showing sorrow or sadness for the tragedy

Originally Posted by EvansST

True to some degree...BUT

to blame Hip-Hop as a WHOLE for the plight that the black man is in is a scapegoat.
- thank you.
- this is just a bad year for hip hop, i mean damn, anytime something has happened bad to someone black this year someone blames hip hop.

People like Jason Whitlock and others get me upset not because they express their opinion, but because they take deflect attention from the real cause of theproblem. The fact is people are no more violent and evil now than they've always been. Hip Hop will come and go, but until we as a society take personalresponsibility for our own actions things won't change. The pattern in our society is that after every tragic event in the attempt to make sense of it all,we place the blame on social ills or a particular genre of music rather than placing the blame on the barbaric individuals that commit the action. TakeColumbine for example, people were too busy blaming Marylin Manson, Blaming the NRA, Blaming store clerks, etc that what got lost in the shuffle was the factthat two individuals made a conscious choice to kill people. The complete lack of personal responsibility and accountability in our society is sad.

If I met Jason Whitlock, I would punch his teeth into the back of his throat, and write and article titled "Yes.....A Black Man Did It"

I didn't like him before, but dude....you take a tragic situation of a sean taylor, and flip it into something negative about the male black race and hiphop....

How bout we mourn this man's death and realize we lost a talented man, and he left a new born baby girl....

Its so disrespectful for him to even write this.....

Yes he has some points.....but its not like he is saying anything new or anything relevant to this situation....he's a %!@+* *** N.

And its not fair to bring up someones past to judge them when they're gone....in that case Malcolm X wouldn't be looked at as the man we look at him,for the negatives he did in his early life.....

Its fact that it takes 31 days to create a habit (maybe a few days less)
Now imagine growing up in the hood, and living a certain way, and thinking a certain way for 24 years!
You can't automatically turn off who you are just because you get money.....
So yes, its unfortunate that some of our black men who become famous can't break away from the old habits they had growing up....but its mentalconditioning,

Hey aeeps20.

you can't separate the people from the society.

And to the guy above.

Of course you can judge people on what they accomplished in life. In the case of Malcom X, you bring up the point that we could bring up his not-so-pleasantearly work. Instead we remember him for the things he did closer to his death. For Sean Taylor, he didn't get the chance to rectify his run-ins with thelaw or squabbles with his coaches. You can't blame people for judging other people on whats there. Maybe if Sean Taylor had lived longer, Whitlock wouldhave nicer things to about him, instead of spinning into a rant on black vs black crimes.

Originally Posted by arsene knows

Hey aeeps20.

you can't separate the people from the society.
I never said that. What I said was that in our society we always want to blame someone or something for why we do the things we choose to do. Forexample there are so many parents don't want to raise their kids, but when things go array instead of taking responsibility they want to blame what theirchild's behavior on what they saw on tv or what they heard on the radio. This is why I agree with people like Bill Cosby rather than people like JasonWhitlock.

The black KKK thing is over the top. This, however, is the truth.
Watch the documentary and ask yourself why nine poor kids in the '50s risked their lives to get a good education and a thousand poor black kids today ignore the opportunity that is served to them on a platter.

Blame drugs, blame Ronald Reagan, blame George Bush, blame it on the rain or whatever. There's only one group of people who can change the rotten, anti-education, pro-violence culture our kids have adopted. We have to do it.

It's not just black kids. It's not even just poor kids. There are thousands of dumb#@@@ rich kids that skate through life given break after breakbecause they have money.

I've mentioned before here on Niketalk that Jason Whitlock is not very smart. He may be well intentioned, but he is a bit misguided.

During the 1930's and 40's, there was the same backlash against the Blues and Jazz. "Respectable", White people, and church going Blackpeople, were not supposed to listen to this "jungle music". It didn't represent true culture, as Classical music was deemed far more evolved,then far better for the more intellectual ear.

Jazz and Blues musicians, their listeners as well, were deemed lowlives, heathens, troublemakers, non Christians.

What didn't help this point of view was the culture that surrounded the artists, as the drinking and druggin' by some, is now legendary.

However, Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, Howling Wolf and the like, are now considered geniuses, and the music they played is now considered the intellectualsuperior to present day Hip Hop.

High School dropouts are nothing new, and almost every major city in the U.S., has reported a decrease in crime.

What is happening is that the spotlight is now on these young men of color, who now have money and worldwide influence.

Whitlock seems to miss this point, all the time, much like me swinging at a Pedro fastball.

[size=-0]You're damn straight I blame hip hop[/size]
Pretty much sums up every Jason Whitlock article ever written.

The inclusion of hip-hop in Whitlock's ramblings has become as predictable as Scoop Jackson's use of the race card.

Dude needs to stop.

This #$$%. This is one of the most racist thing that i have ever heard and by a black man? SMH
If I've said it once on this board, I've said it a hundred times: people really need to get a grip on the definition of "racism"before using the term just because they've taken offense to something said that deals with race.

Comment: Whitlock said that, when a black man is the victim of a homicide, there is statistical evidence that would lead one to believe that another black manpulled the trigger and that black people need to change this pattern of behavior.

Statistical Evidence: Between 1976 and 2005, 94% of black murder victims were killed by blacks.

Source: Bureau of Justice: Homicide Trends in the US

<me> Failing to see the racism in that. </me>

I too see the point he is trying to make, but his statements are quite premature. He has no idea what motivated Taylors death and he has even less informationabout the race of the individual who pulled the trigger. I think he has a right to be concerned about the plight of todays African American male, but hip hopis not to blame. Not as a whole. The media has a lot to do w/ the glorification of "hood" culture (ironically them medium that produces him income),so instead of being part of the problem, Jason, be a part of the solution. Stop talking and start acting.

Back
Top Bottom