Jason Collins Becomes 1st Openly Gay Athlete in a Major American Team Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collins is sexual deviant according to Mister Friendly based on his religious beliefs I've shown how religion has been used to oppress people for 1000s of years.

He got mad and told me I believe this because of some dumb *** political agenda.

He was wrong

The End

Christians "claim" all sins are created equal but why does it seem like being gay is the WORST sin that could be performed by a Christian. And don't let it be a Black Christian. It is just funny as hell to me man......

Wait a minute did this dude really say they did this for only 200 years in one part of the world?

Mister Friendly you are obviously ignorant on this topic do some research and your views may change.

Go look up the 2 curses you mentioned. They were used during the heyday of slavery or segegration basically 200 or so years for each.

I'm not ignorant to it all. You're the one who being ignorant,buying the liberal agenda. That your plight as a minority is the same as a sexual deviant behavior such as homosexuality.

The use of the bible to justify slavery goes back to at least 415.

But yeah the liberal media told me that and not my degree on the subject.

Like I said do some research and get back to me. The use of a term like liberal agenda tells me depths of your willingness to be open minded on the subject.

And how long has homosexuality been condemned by all religions in the world?

I'll answer that since the beginning of time.

That ain't even close to true man, just stop :lol:

The more you post the more ignorant you sound.

Its actually not funny its sad.

I'm pray for you though.

The more you post the more brainwashed I can tell you are.

Your type eats up anything the liberals tell you ever since LBJ.

You haven't answered me how homosexuality is different from any other sexual deviant behavior.

You know why? Because you can't. Homosexuality is an unnatural alternative behavior not on the same level as someone's race or religion.

Collins is sexual deviant according to Mister Friendly based on his religious beliefs I've shown how religion has been used to oppress people for 1000s of years.

He got mad and told me I believe this because of some dumb *** political agenda.

He was wrong

The End

Funny that you derivated that I was mad from what I wrote?

There must have been invisible exclamation points, angry faces or name calling in my post that I'm not aware of. I think you're projecting your feelings on to me.

Last edited:
Wait a minute did this dude really say they did this for only 200 years in one part of the world?

Mister Friendly you are obviously ignorant on this topic do some research and your views may change.

Go look up the 2 curses you mentioned. They were used during the heyday of slavery or segegration basically 200 or so years for each.

I'm not ignorant to it all. You're the one who being ignorant,buying the liberal agenda. That your plight as a minority is the same as a sexual deviant behavior such as homosexuality.

Like I said do some research and get back to me. The use of a term like liberal agenda tells me depths of your willingness to be open minded on the subject.

I'm pray for you though.

You haven't answered me how homosexuality is different from any other sexual deviant behavior.

You know why? Because you can't. Homosexuality is an unnatural alternative behavior not on the same level as someone's race or religion.

Yup I'm brainwashed. I just go long with what I'm told is right and wrong without critically analyzing it for myself and forming my own beliefs.

The irony. :lol:

I'm pray for you though.

Yup I'm brainwashed. I just go long with what I'm told is right and wrong without critically analyzing it for myself and forming my own beliefs.

My core beliefs are principles that have existed in mankind for thousands of years, pretty much since the beginning of civilization.

Your beliefs are views of the extreme left. They are new beliefs.

:lol:.

With that said I respect your beliefs but I think you're utterly wrong.

You still haven't shown me how homosexuality is different from any other sexual deviant behavior.

Last edited:
My core beliefs are principles that have existed in mankind for thousands of years, pretty much since the beginning of civilization.

You still haven't shown me how homosexuality is different from any other sexual deviant behavior.

Prove it.

What are your beliefs based on, have you read the bible closely? Can you read Hebrew? How about Aramaic? How do you know that Christianity condemns homosexuality?

Have you studied the bible, not simply read, but STUDIED it?

Tell me, point to the verse were does the bible tell us about homosexuality?

Last edited:

I'm pray for you though.

Your core beliefs have not existed since the beginning of the recorded history I've showed you that.

I'm pray for you though.

Your core beliefs have not existed since the beginning of the recorded history I've showed you that.

So homosexuality has been accepted since the beginning of recorded history?

I guess it was Adam and Steve not Adam and Eve? :lol:

I guess all over the world, the human race was able to reproduce through homosexual relations.

Also I re-read your ramblings and nowhere did you show me that my core belief, that man should be with a woman hasn't existed since the beginning of civilization.

Last edited:
just a random thought,

do you guys think if ur black, you should not have any prejudice against gays. In fact you should be supporting their movement in becoming accepted in todays society? (support as in approve)

cause its history repeating itself... sure they arnt treated as bad as blacks ever have been treated but they are still treated in similar fashion.
Nope I surely don't. This is what I don't like being strong armed into supporting something I don't like. If people want to be gay cool but I don't have to like it (im just indifferent personally) as long as I'm not discriminating against them or stoping them from living their lives. That's what gays can expect from me but me supporting their movement nah. I've always wondered if people are born gay why doesn't it seem like any younger kids when they really don't have a filter seem to say they like their same sex? I'm pretty sure it's happened but them situations don't seem to be the norm.

I guess it was Adam and Steve not Adam and Eve?
laugh.gif

I guess all over the world, the human race was able to reproduce through homosexual relations.

Also I re-read your ramblings and nowhere did you show me that my core belief, that man should be with a woman hasn't existed since the beginning of civilization.
Adam and Eve?

This is one of the MANY problem with debating with your kind (and I used to be a member of The Christian Club, to a degree I would rather not disuss in this thread just because it's completely irrelevant to the topic) : you can't get past thinking that the Bible is a history book.

It's... NOT. It is a foundation for a faith, just like the Book of Mormon, the Qu'Ran, and any other religious text. But when talking history, using the Bible and saying "Well it says in the BIBLE that it happened this way, so that's how it happened" is like me talking about the 20s and saying "Well The Great Gatsby says this and this happened, so that's the way it was."

And yes, somebody's rules for their household are the same as the Word of God. No, my thinking is not that I am my own God; this is your church's way of demeaning me through you, making sure yourloyalty stays with your congregation lest you also be one of the foolish few... like me.

I don't believe that I'm my personal god... because I don't believe in god.

I know this is a hard concept for a devout Republican, Christian conservative to grasp, but... NOT... EVERYONE... BELIEVES... THE THINGS... THAT... YOU BELIEVE.

And refraining from believing the Christian way is not foolish, stupid, sinful, wrong, ignorant, and it doesn't make one's soul lost or barren or in need of prayer. The negativity thrown at people different than you is... well... it's exactly why I gave up that 'way'. I wanted no part of condemning or looking down on those who believed different than me.

No matter what walk in life I've gone down, I've never took pleasure in belittling those who believe differently.

I love shoes. Someone else thinks they're a frivolous waste of money? Good for them. Makes no difference to me. I literally don't care, and I'm not going to spend energy convincing them that they NEED to be like me and horde shoes, nor am I going to act like everyone is like me, or only the cool people collect shoes.

I cuss like a SAILOR. Someone else thinks that's childish, immature language? Good for them. Makes no difference to me. I literally don't care, and I'm not going to spend energy convincing them that they NEED to be more profane, nor am I going to act like everyone cusses, or only the cool people do.

Despite cussing like a sailor, I believe it's wrong to cuss in front of kids. I don't do it front of my son... ever... and I always get onto my friends to watch their mouth around him. Someone else thinks there's nothing wrong with profanity in front of kids? Good for them. Makes no difference to me. I literally don't care, and I'm not going to spend energy demanding that people be jailed for cussing in front of kids.

I don't believe I'm a personal god, because I no longer believe there is a god. Someone else thinks there are gods or one God? Good for them. I literally don't care, and I'm not going to act like everyone is atheist/agnostic, or only the smart peopl... actually, let me stop on that one.

I'm a guy who likes boobs. Jason guy likes pythons? Good for him. Makes no difference to me. I literally don't care, and I'm not going to spend any energy convincing him or his kind how awesome a nice rack is.

Not everyone... is you. Not everyone shares your beliefs.

And more importantly, your beliefs are just that: beliefs. Unproven elements to a faith system you hold to. And as strong as you might feel, that doesn't change the fact that it's still a belief system.

Keep it... but keep it to yourself. Hold tightly to it, but don't hold everyone else to it. Feel strongly about it, but don't lose sight of the reality that something unproven... is not fact.

Last edited:
[QUOTE url="/t/534711/jason-collins-becomes-1st-openly-gay-athlete-in-a-major-american-team-sport/540#post_17819148"]
Mister Friendly 

I guess it was Adam and Steve not Adam and Eve? :lol:

Adam and Eve?

This is one of the MANY problem with debating with your kind (and I used to be a member of The Christian Club, to a degree I would rather not disuss in this thread just because it's completely irrelevant to the topic) : you can't get past thinking that the Bible is a history book.

It's... NOT. It is a foundation for a faith, just like the Book of Mormon, the Qu'Ran, and any other religious text. But when talking history, using the Bible and saying "Well it says in the BIBLE that it happened this way, so that's how it happened" is like me talking about the 20s and saying "Well The Great Gatsby says this and this happened, so that's the way it was."

And yes, somebody's rules for their household are the same as the Word of God. No, my thinking is not that I am my own God; this is your church's way of demeaning me through you, making sure yourloyalty stays with your congregation lest you also be one of the foolish few... like me.

I don't believe that I'm my personal god... because I don't believe in god.

I know this is a hard concept for a devout Republican, Christian conservative to grasp, but... NOT... EVERYONE... BELIEVES... THE THINGS... THAT... YOU BELIEVE.

And refraining from believing the Christian way is not foolish, stupid, sinful, wrong, ignorant, and it doesn't make one's soul lost or barren or in need of prayer. The negativity thrown at people different than you is... well... it's exactly why I gave up that 'way'. I wanted no part of condemning or looking down on those who believed different than me.

No matter what walk in life I've gone down, I've never took pleasure in belittling those who believe differently.

I love shoes. Someone else thinks they're a frivolous waste of money? Good for them. Makes no difference to me. I literally don't care, and I'm not going to spend energy convincing them that they NEED to be like me and horde shoes, nor am I going to act like everyone is like me, or only the cool people collect shoes.

I cuss like a SAILOR. Someone else thinks that's childish, immature language? Good for them. Makes no difference to me. I literally don't care, and I'm not going to spend energy convincing them that they NEED to be more profane, nor am I going to act like everyone cusses, or only the cool people do.

Despite cussing like a sailor, I believe it's wrong to cuss in front of kids. I don't do it front of my son... ever... and I always get onto my friends to watch their mouth around him. Someone else thinks there's nothing wrong with profanity in front of kids? Good for them. Makes no difference to me. I literally don't care, and I'm not going to spend energy demanding that people be jailed for cussing in front of kids.

I don't believe I'm a personal god, because I no longer believe there is a god. Someone else thinks there are gods are one God? Good for them. I literally don't care, and I'm not going to act like everyone is atheist/agnostic, or only the smart peopl... actually, let me stop on that one.

I'm a guy who likes boobs. Jason guy likes pythons? Good for him. Makes no difference to me. I literally don't care, and I'm not going to spend any energy convincing him or his kind how awesome a nice rack is.

Not everyone... is you. Not everyone shares your beliefs.

And more importantly, your beliefs are just that: beliefs. Unproven elements to a faith system you hold to. And as strong as you might feel, that doesn't change the fact that it's still a belief system.

Keep it... but keep it to yourself. Hold tightly to it, but don't hold everyone else to it. Feel strongly about it, but don't lose sight of the reality that something unproven... is not fact.
[/quote]

I accept that you are an atheist.

But civilization can't operate on atheist principles.

I'll respond to that if I ever see it in General.

Definitely not in here, because that would further derail  the thread.

Whether that's true or not, what I believe about what you just said has nothing to do with the issues surrounding the issues brought up by coming out announcements from male athletes.

I don't get this thread.

He is gay. There are a bunch of gays around the world

If you don't like it, too bad. Cry about it.

Let the man live his life

Who are you to judge?

Exactly

Moving on...

Because I know people that aren't alternative lifestyles that look up to what he did, are inspired and give him respect. Thus the statement is false, not to mention it is such a far reaching statement it's hard to believe. I don't understand why people care that Collins may be a hero or seen in a positive light for what he did. Even if you don't agree with his lifestyle, why does it bother you that others find it inspiring what he did? How is that a negative thing? I feel the same way about religion as well. When people slam it, why criticize something that gives people a moral base, strength in times if weakness and inspiration in times of need? If it doesn't hurt others, let people do what they want and keep the negativity at bay

because its the message involved that freely solicits and boa****lly accepts this lifestyle as if it were normal.. If you're a devout Christian, obviously this is a cardinal sin. If you're a heterosexual man with some kind of moral code, this probably wouldn't be appropriate to you, let alone normal. Fact is, we're all sinners in this world, some are even proud to be for whatever reason...I just believe the notion that propagating a homosexual lifestyle publically, especially with the presence of adolescent youth watching, is a harmful display. What it really comes down to is ethics and moral code, even though we as people all sin, why celebrate this as some kind of event. What Jason Collins does in his spare time is his own choosing, and I'm not perfect either here, but to celebrate sin like this is ridiculous... Tons of sin in this world get ridiculed but homosexuality gets praised.....openly...crazy world we live in.

^ Like I said, I know it's a hard concept to grasp, but 'homosexuality is sin' only pplies in a religious sense.

If a dog tries to hump another dog, is he... 'sinning'?

Before you even THINK about debating whether or not that happens, just answer the question.

A parallel question: if an eagle grabs some food from another eagle's lair, is he 'sinning'?

- the concept of 'sin' is a religious concept

- the definition of what is sin and what isn't sin is a relative definition (relative to one's religion)

- the vitriol/hatred/antipathy towards those deemed 'sinners' is unacceptable

The mindset "Not everyone holds the same values and beliefs as me and my peers" is so hard for Christian, Republican, conservatives to grasp.

To those who practice Christianity, Jason is sinning; not everyone practices Christianity, so the hate based on individual beliefs needs to stop.

To those who practice Christianity and want the Bible taken literally when it says homosexuality is an abomination, it's hypocritical for them to oversee that it also says... LITERALLY... that those with a temper will not see the kingdom of heaven. Taking the Bible literally means that no gays go to heaven, and taking the Bible literally means no one with a temper goes to heaven, so the hate on him and his kind because of what the Bible literally says needs to stop.

If it's "unnatural" why does it occur naturally?

So if theres no sin......Where does the basis for right and wrong come from?

Why does sin need to exist to be able to formulate a basis for right and wrong? Since you can neither prove nor disprove sin, it doesn't make sense to use it as a basis in the first place.  

Last edited:

Does it harm another human being?

The definition of harm is to physical or psychological injury or damage

You may harm me psychologically by talking about my favorite team but that doesn't mean its wrong?

So I'm guessing you probably want to restrict harm to just the physical sense of the definition?

Because harm can be used very loosely.

Why does sin need to exist to be able to formulate a basis for right and wrong? Since you can neither prove nor disprove sin, it doesn't make sense to use it as a basis in the first place.  

There are pedophiles and rapists naturally too? Right?

So you're saying that there's no right or wrong?

Last edited:

there's a push for making pedos to have less harsher sentences because of that naturality

there's a push for making pedos to have less harsher sentences because of that naturality

Are you serious?

:smh: The some extremists will won't be happy til they destroy society as we know it.

Last edited:
Wait, are you now agreeing with me that homosexuality is natural but insisting that it's still wrong because you're foolishly comparing it to pedophilia and rape? Previously you were incorrectly stating that it's unnatural. 
Where did I say that? What I said was that sin can neither be proven nor disproved, so it doesn't really serve as a useful basis, does it? 

It's coming back to me why I left the church and distanced myself (also why more people are leaving traditional churches in general). To me, makes more sense to let people love whomever they want to love, be in relationships with whomever they want and at some point (hopefully) marry whomever they want. It's a wonderful thing letting people find who they want to be with and supporting them. This thread though was supposed to be about Jason, and he got the public and sport talking which is the start of removing the stigmas that some may have. At some point a player won't have to hide and that will be a great thing

:smh: some of these 'comparisons'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom