Jason Collins Becomes 1st Openly Gay Athlete in a Major American Team Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
NT is more socially conservative than I thought. And gambit you have no idea if Collins will change the life of other gay athletes. Complete assumptions with no basis. He is also a hero to more than aging mediocre athletes. This is not an assumption
Yeah right. Let this thread be in General. Website is extreme left.

just a random thought,

do you guys think if ur black, you should not have any prejudice against gays. In fact you should be supporting their movement in becoming accepted in todays society? (support as in approve)

cause its history repeating itself... sure they arnt treated as bad as blacks ever have been treated but they are still treated in similar fashion.

Last edited:
just a random thought,

do you guys think if ur black, you should not have any prejudice against gays. In fact you should be supporting their movement in becoming accepted in todays society?

cause its history repeating itself... sure they arnt treated as bad as blacks ever have been treated but they are still treated in similar fashion.
Can of worms you do not want to open dude...

just a random thought,

do you guys think if ur black, you should not have any prejudice against gays. In fact you should be supporting their movement in becoming accepted in todays society?

I'll answer that

There's a big difference

Being Asian,Black, Brown, Latino or White is something you can't hide. You can kinda hide that you're a homosexual.

Also races are natural. There are countries full of just Asian people, Black people etc.

There isn't a country predominantly full of homosexuals.

We all got here because of a heterosexual relationship.

I dont believe gays should be discrimnated against. I can tolerate homosexuality just like I can tolerate swingers or another lifestyle that doesn't hurt people.

just a random thought,

do you guys think if ur black, you should not have any prejudice against gays. In fact you should be supporting their movement in becoming accepted in todays society? (support as in approve)

I absolutely agree with that and SMH anytime I see a minority act homophobic. Yes there are differences but when it doesn't effect you and people have DIED over the discrimination - it should serve as a reminder that there's a common struggle and there's no reason to hate and discriminate.

I'm not saying every black person or minority needs to be in gay pride or fighting for the cause but if you're right along side the majority and the privileged in this fight - you need to check yourself.

just a random thought,

Being Gay is wrong according to God. It says in the bible.

The Bible has NEVER been as an excuse to treat black people bad.

just a random thought,

To even further agree to what Sneakerpro is saying. I believe pretty much all major religions say homosexuality is wrong.

I love how people all of a sudden turn into devout Christians when homosexuality is brought up. Do you have the same attitude towards pre-marital sex? Or people with tattoos?

Yes having pre martial sex is a deviant lifestyle like swinging.

just a random thought,

To even further agree to what Sneakerpro is saying. I believe pretty much all major religions say homosexuality is wrong.

Naw you missing my point.

just a random thought,

Naw you missing my point.

Ok what point did I miss?

I'll answer that

There's a big difference

Being Asian,Black, Brown, Latino or White is something you can't hide. You can kinda hide that you're a homosexual.

Also races are natural. There are countries full of just Asian people, Black people etc.

I dont believe gays should be discrimnated against. I can tolerate homosexuality just like I can tolerate swingers or another lifestyle that doesn't hurt people.
It is true that is a difference but at the same time all these countries are filled with gays.

there also similarities like your born black, asian etc your also born gay. Its not really a life style choice unlike swingers.

that just a whole different topic I dont think anyone wants to get into. uness ur point is blacks can be allowed to treat them badly because they have the bible as an excuse?

Last edited:
I'll answer that

There's a big difference

It is true that is a difference but at the same time all these countries are filled with gays.

there also similarities like your born black, asian etc your also born gay. Its not really a life style choice unlike swingers.

Like you said a lot countries have homosexuals in them.

Think about a gay in a Muslim country, he has urges to be gay but he doesnt express them publicly because he doesn't want the consequences that go with it therefore he's choosing not expressing his love of men. It's a choice.

Same way swingers wouldnt be public about their lifestyle there because they don't want to arrested. It's a choice.

A White American can't travel around those countries without the fear of being abducted because they can't hide who they are. They have no choice.

That's the difference

Last edited:

Like you said a lot countries have homosexuals in them.

Think about a gay in a Muslim country, he has urges to be gay but he doesnt express them publicly because he doesn't want the consequences that go with it therefore he's choosing not expressing his love of men. It's a choice.

Same way swingers wouldnt be public about their lifestyle there because they don't want to arrested. It's a choice.

A White American can't travel around those countries without the fear of being abducted because they can't hide who they are. They have no choice.

That's the difference

yes that is true but you can also draw similarities. back then blacks didnt have to fight and try to go into spots that they werent allowed like the front of the bus. however they fought that racism and prejudice to be equal with whites. a debate can go on forever.

i feel at the end of the day it isnt apples and oranges. its more like granny smiths and fuji lol.

prejudice and racism is all the same. I just feel that minorities and especially blacks should sympathize a little more than some do.

just a random thought,

The Book of Mormon on the other hand...

SneakerPro, I'm pretty sure I missed your point as well, but I do want to say... [quote name="SneakerPro"]Being Gay is wrong according to God. It says in the bible.

The Bible has NEVER been as an excuse to treat black people bad.[/quote]... I'm not sure that you are aware of the inaccuracy of what you're saying here. The Bible has absolutely been used as an excuse for racism. Still is.

SneakerPro, I'm pretty sure I missed your point as well, but I do want to say... [quote name="SneakerPro"]Being Gay is wrong according to God. It says in the bible.

... I'm not sure that you are aware of the inaccuracy of what you're saying here. The Bible has absolutely been used as an excuse for racism. Still is.[/quote]

That was my point brother. People have been using the bible as justification for things they don't like in society for thousands of years.

Curse of Cain
The descendants of Ham.

no, I kind of thought that maybe you were in the know, because of the all caps 'never', but a majority of me thought that a minority of people are aware of the Bible's use in racist agendas.

Reaching for the stars with this one like many posts in this thread in support of Collins' lifestyle.

You can still befriend people who have differences of which you don't agree with. I don't like drugs or endorse them being used, but guess what? I'm friend with many a person that uses illegal drugs.

That's his job. He has a family to support. If he's scheduled to work that day, guess what he has to do it or he can easily be replaced. ESPN is like Google in that many people want your job and will do anything to get it.

The Christian lifestyle isn't under attack? Christianity is made fun of everyday on this website led by posters like lobotomy.  The liberal media attacks it whenever it gets the chance. Tim Tebow is a bum, but he didn't ask for ESPN to push his agenda. He's a kid that never got in trouble and subscribes to a faith of which he's a very strict follower but yet he's made fun of for still being a virgin among others.

For the posters that live on NT, is this lobotomy cat silly putty? Just wld like to know who I'm really reading.

just a random thought,

The Book of Mormon on the other hand...

Really the Book of Mormon?

Also the 2 things Sneakerpro mentioned were "reaches" whose origins were in the 1800s. A heightened time of racism. The people who believed that passage meant Black people basically guessed their conclusion. From my understanding it never says anything explicit about race. But it explicitly says homosexuality is wrong in the Bible multiple times and in pretty much every other major religion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom