Japan 9.0 Mag. Quake/Tsunami -HAITI stands with Japan [vid]

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

Originally Posted by gHeTtOnOyPi

Originally Posted by Zyzz

OMG
frown.gif
glad shes ok
This gave me goosebumps...

No joke, glad she's doing well. Talk about a real survivor. That baby definitely has quite the fortune (or some higher power) watching over it. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

babies definitely do have angels...

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

OMG
frown.gif
glad shes ok

No joke, glad she's doing well. Talk about a real survivor. That baby definitely has quite the fortune (or some higher power) watching over it. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

babies definitely do have angels...

does anyone know of any foundations or organizations for people to join to goto japan and contribute/help in person? i know a lot of people who want to go there and help when they start letting people over there but can't really find any information on it.

donating money is pretty easy, just wondering if anyone knows of how to actually get there and do service in person, if possible. or if you could point me in a direction...websites or anything.

does anyone know of any foundations or organizations for people to join to goto japan and contribute/help in person? i know a lot of people who want to go there and help when they start letting people over there but can't really find any information on it.

donating money is pretty easy, just wondering if anyone knows of how to actually get there and do service in person, if possible. or if you could point me in a direction...websites or anything.

Originally Posted by newmoanyuh

http://30.media.tumblr.co...ejoZwKK1qetpn0o1_500.jpg src="http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li2ejoZwKK1qetpn0o1_500.jpg">

This 4 month old baby was found under rubble in Ishinomaki, state of Miyagi, Japan. She was stuck under the rubble for 3 days. She managed to survive for those 3 days and she has since been reunited with her father.

OMG
frown.gif
glad shes ok

pimp.gif
 Almost brought a tear to my eye
frown.gif

Originally Posted by newmoanyuh

http://30.media.tumblr.co...ejoZwKK1qetpn0o1_500.jpg src="http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li2ejoZwKK1qetpn0o1_500.jpg">

This 4 month old baby was found under rubble in Ishinomaki, state of Miyagi, Japan. She was stuck under the rubble for 3 days. She managed to survive for those 3 days and she has since been reunited with her father.

OMG
frown.gif
glad shes ok

pimp.gif
 Almost brought a tear to my eye
frown.gif

Originally Posted by presequel

yeah, i'm interested in this too

yeah, i'm interested in this too

my prayers go out to them.I can't even imagine what it was like on the coast of Japan. 

my prayers go out to them.I can't even imagine what it was like on the coast of Japan. 

I'd assume Habitat for Humanity would provide an opportunity to volunteer in the relief effort: http://www.habitat.org/in...NC8yMDExIDExOjM2OjE0IFBN / for one.
I'm not sure how many opportunities there actually will be for service unless you have a special skill set that would be useful.  Japan is a highly developed country and has plenty of existing human capital to tap into in redevelopment.  For that reason, there's probably less of a demand for outside help, except perhaps as free labor.  The construction expertise and labor is already there, and frankly from a development perspective, it's important to tap into domestic labor as much as possible to regenerate income after the disaster.  Not saying that you couldn't make an impact, but the situation's different than other recent disasters like say Haiti.  If you really wanted to make a difference in terms of disaster relief, I would suggest looking to Haiti first.  There would be more opportunities for your skills and abilities to be put to good use.
It may be slightly different in Japan though where the population is aging and they are already having problems with low populations of younger people who would come in useful in rebuilding.

I'd assume Habitat for Humanity would provide an opportunity to volunteer in the relief effort: http://www.habitat.org/in...NC8yMDExIDExOjM2OjE0IFBN / for one.
I'm not sure how many opportunities there actually will be for service unless you have a special skill set that would be useful.  Japan is a highly developed country and has plenty of existing human capital to tap into in redevelopment.  For that reason, there's probably less of a demand for outside help, except perhaps as free labor.  The construction expertise and labor is already there, and frankly from a development perspective, it's important to tap into domestic labor as much as possible to regenerate income after the disaster.  Not saying that you couldn't make an impact, but the situation's different than other recent disasters like say Haiti.  If you really wanted to make a difference in terms of disaster relief, I would suggest looking to Haiti first.  There would be more opportunities for your skills and abilities to be put to good use.
It may be slightly different in Japan though where the population is aging and they are already having problems with low populations of younger people who would come in useful in rebuilding.

Back
Top Bottom