Japan 9.0 Mag. Quake/Tsunami -HAITI stands with Japan [vid]

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
@ facebook thats why i dont even go up there. 

it's not facebook, it's the woman that's allowed to have an account

im mad at myself for clicking that spoiler. that ruined my day.
may God humble these uneducated people.

im mad at myself for clicking that spoiler. that ruined my day.
may God humble these uneducated people.

That Fb %@+ is ignorance at its finest. They prolly think they're either cool for saying that, or actually do think that. But either way it's a shame we have morons like that.

That Fb %@+ is ignorance at its finest. They prolly think they're either cool for saying that, or actually do think that. But either way it's a shame we have morons like that.

Forget those clowns on FB. Never pay any mind to the ignorant and asinine, you're simply giving idiocy an audience.
Anyway, nuclear fears loom regarding TWO reactors, the death toll is skyrocketing, and then there's this, per CNN: 

[6:45a.m. ET, 7:45 p.m. Tokyo] There is a 70% likelihood that Japan will experience an earthquake of 7.0 or above in the next three days, the country's meteorological agency said.

Takashi Yokota, director the Earthquake Prediction Information Division of the agency said he based his prediction on increased tectonic activity.

tired.gif

Forget those clowns on FB. Never pay any mind to the ignorant and asinine, you're simply giving idiocy an audience.
Anyway, nuclear fears loom regarding TWO reactors, the death toll is skyrocketing, and then there's this, per CNN: 

[6:45a.m. ET, 7:45 p.m. Tokyo] There is a 70% likelihood that Japan will experience an earthquake of 7.0 or above in the next three days, the country's meteorological agency said.

Takashi Yokota, director the Earthquake Prediction Information Division of the agency said he based his prediction on increased tectonic activity.

tired.gif

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

tired.gif
Is there a end in sight for these quakes? I mean damn, 8.9, wasn't it like hundreds of after shocks and another one possibly on the way? May God help them.

But whats up with the nuclear reactors' placement? Too close to people if you ask me.

tired.gif
Is there a end in sight for these quakes? I mean damn, 8.9, wasn't it like hundreds of after shocks and another one possibly on the way? May God help them.

But whats up with the nuclear reactors' placement? Too close to people if you ask me.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

tired.gif

7.0 is nowhere near an 8.9 quake but still
tired.gif

I've been thinking abou the reactors as well. How come most residential buildings in Japan are designed to endure an earth quake but then there are parts of nuclear reactors that can't? I understand it's a completely different type of building but still. Another thing that I've been thinking about is the placement of the reactors. I understand that they need tons of water for cooling down but do they really have to be built next to the ocean in a country that has been waiting for a tsunami for decades?

Just some thoughts that could probably be answered by correct individuals but still baffle me

Originally Posted by RKO2004

tired.gif

7.0 is nowhere near an 8.9 quake but still
tired.gif

I've been thinking abou the reactors as well. How come most residential buildings in Japan are designed to endure an earth quake but then there are parts of nuclear reactors that can't? I understand it's a completely different type of building but still. Another thing that I've been thinking about is the placement of the reactors. I understand that they need tons of water for cooling down but do they really have to be built next to the ocean in a country that has been waiting for a tsunami for decades?

Just some thoughts that could probably be answered by correct individuals but still baffle me

^Brrraptor could probably answer better, but the potential meltdown may occur not because the building housing the reactor couldn't endure the earthquake, but because they are unable to cool the reactor. Some time after the quake, officials reported that they could no longer cool the reactor using the normal mechanism, which may have been caused by failure in the power grid. So they began diverting sea water to cool the reactor. If they fail to properly cool it down, a meltdown of the inner reactor would occur, which would melt the containment chamber and eventually become exposed to the outside air. This exposure would result in catastrophic radiation release.
Besides, no building can withstand an 8.9 mag earthquake. Nature is still the most powerful force on Earth.

As for your second question, it does have to be built near a large body of water; all that energy has to come from somewhere, threat of tsunami/earthquake or no.

^Brrraptor could probably answer better, but the potential meltdown may occur not because the building housing the reactor couldn't endure the earthquake, but because they are unable to cool the reactor. Some time after the quake, officials reported that they could no longer cool the reactor using the normal mechanism, which may have been caused by failure in the power grid. So they began diverting sea water to cool the reactor. If they fail to properly cool it down, a meltdown of the inner reactor would occur, which would melt the containment chamber and eventually become exposed to the outside air. This exposure would result in catastrophic radiation release.
Besides, no building can withstand an 8.9 mag earthquake. Nature is still the most powerful force on Earth.

As for your second question, it does have to be built near a large body of water; all that energy has to come from somewhere, threat of tsunami/earthquake or no.

Didn't they already experience an aftershock that was close to 7? I also read that the big 8.9 quake was upgraded to 9.0 by the Japanese scientists, while the U.S. scientist still classify it as a 8.9.

Didn't they already experience an aftershock that was close to 7? I also read that the big 8.9 quake was upgraded to 9.0 by the Japanese scientists, while the U.S. scientist still classify it as a 8.9.

^Believe so, around 6.8. The next one could be closer to 8, though. They've only said it's supposed to be over 7.

Per MSNBC, Japanese police are estimating the death toll to be in excess of 10,000. No words...
tired.gif

^Believe so, around 6.8. The next one could be closer to 8, though. They've only said it's supposed to be over 7.

Per MSNBC, Japanese police are estimating the death toll to be in excess of 10,000. No words...
tired.gif

MEDIA AND GOVT AGENCIES ARE KEEPING THE DEVASTATIONS THAT WILL COME AFTER THIS NUCLEAR EXPLOSION UNDER WRAPS. PEOPLE OF THE WEST COAST ARE INGESTING THIS STUFF AS WE SPEAK AND WILL SOON SEEP ALL ACROSS NORTH AMERICA. R.I.P.

MEDIA AND GOVT AGENCIES ARE KEEPING THE DEVASTATIONS THAT WILL COME AFTER THIS NUCLEAR EXPLOSION UNDER WRAPS. PEOPLE OF THE WEST COAST ARE INGESTING THIS STUFF AS WE SPEAK AND WILL SOON SEEP ALL ACROSS NORTH AMERICA. R.I.P.

Originally Posted by BTK

Stop it.

Originally Posted by BTK

Stop it.

Originally Posted by BTK

WOW FOR REAL?
IM ABOUT TO START TAGGIN ON THE WALLS WARNING PEOPLE

NO JOKE

eek.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by BTK

WOW FOR REAL?
IM ABOUT TO START TAGGIN ON THE WALLS WARNING PEOPLE

NO JOKE

eek.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom