Japan 9.0 Mag. Quake/Tsunami -HAITI stands with Japan [vid]

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Obama is speaking now.
I wonder if he's gonna say anything about oil and gas prices now. I know it's not the most important thing going on but it's still on a lot of people's mind

nvm he just did
what'd he say?

I had to leave early so I didn't hear everything.
But what I did hear, he was talking about drilling into our reserve but even if we did do that it wouldn't make an instant impact. Also started talking about finding alternatives again because we as a country are too dependent on oil.
We only account for like 2% of the world's oil, but we purchase 1/4. Don't quote me on the numbers because I'm just going off of memory

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Obama is speaking now.
I wonder if he's gonna say anything about oil and gas prices now. I know it's not the most important thing going on but it's still on a lot of people's mind

nvm he just did
what'd he say?

I had to leave early so I didn't hear everything.
But what I did hear, he was talking about drilling into our reserve but even if we did do that it wouldn't make an instant impact. Also started talking about finding alternatives again because we as a country are too dependent on oil.
We only account for like 2% of the world's oil, but we purchase 1/4. Don't quote me on the numbers because I'm just going off of memory

23anpalx.jpg

ebisu_earthquake_damage.jpg

199806_187753764593510_109381855764035_388488_3134976_n.jpg

frown.gif

hope they ok

Originally Posted by djaward

Is anyone else watching Tsunami videos from 04 on youtube?

Yeah I watched them earlier this morning, crazy stuff.

And I have no sympathy for that idiot in CA that got swept away.

It has been reported that 'an emergency situation' has now been declared at Fukushima No 2 plant - in addition to the ongoing cooling problems at Fukushima No 1 plant.

NHK says that in both cases small amounts of radioactive material may be vented into the air to ease the pressure - 'it is hoped that this will not affect human beings in a serious manner,' says the Japanese Nuclear Safety agency.

all that radiation traveling by the wind...
sick.gif

Originally Posted by djaward

Is anyone else watching Tsunami videos from 04 on youtube?

Yeah I watched them earlier this morning, crazy stuff.

And I have no sympathy for that idiot in CA that got swept away.

It has been reported that 'an emergency situation' has now been declared at Fukushima No 2 plant - in addition to the ongoing cooling problems at Fukushima No 1 plant.

NHK says that in both cases small amounts of radioactive material may be vented into the air to ease the pressure - 'it is hoped that this will not affect human beings in a serious manner,' says the Japanese Nuclear Safety agency.

sick.gif

eek.gif
  seen this thread when it first got started, but just jumped in here, read a little bit of this thread, took an hour nap and came back to finish reading the rest, read every comment and that earthquake was no joke according to the pics...prayers go out to those in japan.

eek.gif
  seen this thread when it first got started, but just jumped in here, read a little bit of this thread, took an hour nap and came back to finish reading the rest, read every comment and that earthquake was no joke according to the pics...prayers go out to those in japan.

Originally Posted by newmoanyuh

sick.gif

Aww man, no bueno.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by newmoanyuh

sick.gif

Aww man, no bueno.
tired.gif

Update
(Reuters) - New power supply cars to provide emergency electricity for systems that failed at Japan's Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear plant after a massive earthquake have arrived there, the World Nuclear Association said on Friday.

"The World Nuclear Association understands that three to four power supply cars have arrived and that additional power modules are being prepared for connection to provide power for the energy cooling system," said Jeremy Gordon, analyst at the London-based WNA.

The cables were being set up to supply emergency power. Other power modules were in transit by air, WNA added on its website.

Earlier, the WNA had said the situation at the plant was "under control," but a WNA source who did not want to be named said instead "the situation is improving."

Tokyo Electric Power Co. is reporting that they have lost control of the pressure in their No. 1 & 2 nuclear reactors with temps rising.

51,000 people in the towns near Fukushima reactor have been told to evacuate, but a lot of the roads are blocked by damage.

Another official at the nuclear safety agency, Yuji Kakizaki, said that plant workers were cooling the reactor with a secondary cooling system, which is not as effective as the regular cooling method.

Kakizaki said officials have confirmed that the emergency cooling system - the last-ditch cooling measure to prevent the reactor from the meltdown - is intact and could kick in if needed.

"That's as a last resort, and we have not reached that stage yet," Kakizaki added.

[size=-2]
[/size]

[size=-2][/size]

Update
(Reuters) - New power supply cars to provide emergency electricity for systems that failed at Japan's Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear plant after a massive earthquake have arrived there, the World Nuclear Association said on Friday.

"The World Nuclear Association understands that three to four power supply cars have arrived and that additional power modules are being prepared for connection to provide power for the energy cooling system," said Jeremy Gordon, analyst at the London-based WNA.

The cables were being set up to supply emergency power. Other power modules were in transit by air, WNA added on its website.

Earlier, the WNA had said the situation at the plant was "under control," but a WNA source who did not want to be named said instead "the situation is improving."

Tokyo Electric Power Co. is reporting that they have lost control of the pressure in their No. 1 & 2 nuclear reactors with temps rising.

51,000 people in the towns near Fukushima reactor have been told to evacuate, but a lot of the roads are blocked by damage.

Another official at the nuclear safety agency, Yuji Kakizaki, said that plant workers were cooling the reactor with a secondary cooling system, which is not as effective as the regular cooling method.

Kakizaki said officials have confirmed that the emergency cooling system - the last-ditch cooling measure to prevent the reactor from the meltdown - is intact and could kick in if needed.

"That's as a last resort, and we have not reached that stage yet," Kakizaki added.

[size=-2]
[/size]

[size=-2][/size]

My thoughts and prayers will lie back in japan for sometime now. I was able to contact some friends and family members, and thankfully the general response is tokyo experienced significantly less fatal damage. For those who have been to tokyo, can you image the JR line, metro line, and highways were all cut off so apparently ppl were walking along the highways to get back to their families and homes. its terrible..but i do, however, trust that in time the ppl and govt will be able to respond to this tragic challenge.

RIP to all those lost.

My thoughts and prayers will lie back in japan for sometime now. I was able to contact some friends and family members, and thankfully the general response is tokyo experienced significantly less fatal damage. For those who have been to tokyo, can you image the JR line, metro line, and highways were all cut off so apparently ppl were walking along the highways to get back to their families and homes. its terrible..but i do, however, trust that in time the ppl and govt will be able to respond to this tragic challenge.

RIP to all those lost.

I am glad Tokyo is still standing and ok. I loved Tokyo and deff plan on returning sometime down the line. Pretty unbelievable what happen to a few of those towns north of Tokyo... 200-300 bodies washing ashore
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom