Japan 9.0 Mag. Quake/Tsunami -HAITI stands with Japan [vid]

Santa cruz was lightweight trashed
frown.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

So we can look into the sky and predict storms but we cant look in the ground and predict earthquakes/tsunamis??
Ironically the instruments used to detect underground terrain also causes earthquakes if not used properly or in moderation. They bounce low frequency waves into the ground surface and measure the reverberations, Like bass sounds but very very very low to map and get readings of seismic activity and even looking for minerals and oil. 

So we can look into the sky and predict storms but we cant look in the ground and predict earthquakes/tsunamis??
Ironically the instruments used to detect underground terrain also causes earthquakes if not used properly or in moderation. They bounce low frequency waves into the ground surface and measure the reverberations, Like bass sounds but very very very low to map and get readings of seismic activity and even looking for minerals and oil. 

Originally Posted by Wr

Didn't Japan get two days worth of 3.0-6.0 earthquakes prior to the 8.9?

Originally Posted by Wr

Didn't Japan get two days worth of 3.0-6.0 earthquakes prior to the 8.9?

I'm watching local channel 4, and the docks are being torn apart...Boats are crashing into each other, but that's nothing compared to Japan.

Sad day.

I'm watching local channel 4, and the docks are being torn apart...Boats are crashing into each other, but that's nothing compared to Japan.

Sad day.

Originally Posted by djaward

On the real, How many of you guys are prepared for a disaster? Experts say in order to be ready you must have the following with you

3 days worth of clothes
Bottled water
can food
dry food
batteries
radio
first aid kit
and for those who take medication everyday, and extra set of medication you use.

Theres probably more thing to add to the list. I know for sure I have 2 things out of that list ready to go.
leave the fridge and freezer on the lowest setting, the food will last longer if power goes out.
don't tie up phone lines with non-emergency calls
keep cash on you
know all emergency evacuation/refugee spots in the area

Originally Posted by djaward

On the real, How many of you guys are prepared for a disaster? Experts say in order to be ready you must have the following with you

3 days worth of clothes
Bottled water
can food
dry food
batteries
radio
first aid kit
and for those who take medication everyday, and extra set of medication you use.

Theres probably more thing to add to the list. I know for sure I have 2 things out of that list ready to go.
leave the fridge and freezer on the lowest setting, the food will last longer if power goes out.
don't tie up phone lines with non-emergency calls
keep cash on you
know all emergency evacuation/refugee spots in the area

30t6p3b.gif
Imagine the death toll had this been any other country than Japan. Probably the same situation as 2004 all over again.

30t6p3b.gif
Imagine the death toll had this been any other country than Japan. Probably the same situation as 2004 all over again.

Back
Top Bottom