Japan 9.0 Mag. Quake/Tsunami -HAITI stands with Japan [vid]

So far...havent heard anything in the way of siren's here in Irvine, doubt it'll turn out to be anything but a small rise in the water.

Originally Posted by RyanNYC

SOUNDS STUPID but cant they see the ocean waves? satellite? cant see whats coming? really gotta wait and see? prbly dark rite. pssh nvm

Tsunamis arent giant waves. It rolls under the surface.
say that the tide rises every 6 hours or what ever. Now when the Tsunami hits think of the tide raising up an extra 40-30 feet at 500 mph. its not like a giant tidal wave.
so when the water pulls back, you better run

SOUNDS STUPID but cant they see the ocean waves? satellite? cant see whats coming? really gotta wait and see? prbly dark rite. pssh nvm

say that the tide rises every 6 hours or what ever. Now when the Tsunami hits think of the tide raising up an extra 40-30 feet at 500 mph. its not like a giant tidal wave.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

roll.gif
I was just about to say the same thing! But, if you're close enough to see the water pull back you better hope you have some scuba gear on cause that wave is going to be on top of you before you can even think about running a 100 yards.

roll.gif
I was just about to say the same thing! But, if you're close enough to see the water pull back you better hope you have some scuba gear on cause that wave is going to be on top of you before you can even think about running a 100 yards.

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

roll.gif

The force of the water, if it doesn't flat out kill you, will leave you immobile most likely. 
I went to sleep after hearing Japan got hit by a 7.7 like "damn"

I wake up and they've been hit by everything since including what looks to have been Godzilla. 

But seriously my prayers go out to them and westcoasters who may be in danger.

roll.gif

The force of the water, if it doesn't flat out kill you, will leave you immobile most likely. 

I wake up and they've been hit by everything since including what looks to have been Godzilla. 

Crazy how much damage this thing did, to the most tsuami-prepared country in the world. Don't they have these things all along the Japanese coast, which are supposedly effective against tsunamis?

0.jpg

Crazy how much damage this thing did, to the most tsuami-prepared country in the world. Don't they have these things all along the Japanese coast, which are supposedly effective against tsunamis?

0.jpg

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

roll.gif

Yea if you can see the water receding you probably have a slim chance of survival.
It is like a tornado, all the debris inside of the waves will probably kill you if you survive getting swept away initially .

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

roll.gif

Yea if you can see the water receding you probably have a slim chance of survival.
It is like a tornado, all the debris inside of the waves will probably kill you if you survive getting swept away initially .

Many of you need to read a book or gain some common sense because the amount of "2012" theatrics are ridiculous. All these conspiracy theories are making me sick. Earthquakes are not abnormal, many happen every year so need to believe that the world is ending soon. What makes this earthquake unique is the fact that it was triggered right outside the shore of NE Japan which will always cause a destructive tsunami. Just like the tsunami in 2004, the earthquake too was triggered right outside the shore Indonesia, Earthquakes that are triggered in the ocean can be very dangerous because if they are close to shore a very strong tsunami will occur. These things happen, at the end of day its not because the world is coming to an end its just a simple case of wrong place-wrong time. You NTalkers in Cali will be safe, your nearly 6000 miles away no need to panic, although you Cali heads dissapoint me, these facts should already be common sense to you all, the fact that you live in Cali should give you the desire to be well educated when it comes to earthquakes and tsunamis. Cali, even Hawaii are in no danger from this tsunami. What many of you are in danger of is common sense, I hope your state properly educates you on potential dangers and natural disasters because Cali is already in a hot spot for Earthquakes and many of you are running in panic mode for something that happened 6000 miles away; imagine if something destructive really did happen (which can potentially happen) many of you would run around chaotic.As for Japan, this is a horrible situation, the news clips of the tsunami look horrible. God bless there country and I pray they make it through this togather.

Many of you need to read a book or gain some common sense because the amount of "2012" theatrics are ridiculous. All these conspiracy theories are making me sick. Earthquakes are not abnormal, many happen every year so need to believe that the world is ending soon. What makes this earthquake unique is the fact that it was triggered right outside the shore of NE Japan which will always cause a destructive tsunami. Just like the tsunami in 2004, the earthquake too was triggered right outside the shore Indonesia, Earthquakes that are triggered in the ocean can be very dangerous because if they are close to shore a very strong tsunami will occur. These things happen, at the end of day its not because the world is coming to an end its just a simple case of wrong place-wrong time. You NTalkers in Cali will be safe, your nearly 6000 miles away no need to panic, although you Cali heads dissapoint me, these facts should already be common sense to you all, the fact that you live in Cali should give you the desire to be well educated when it comes to earthquakes and tsunamis. Cali, even Hawaii are in no danger from this tsunami. What many of you are in danger of is common sense, I hope your state properly educates you on potential dangers and natural disasters because Cali is already in a hot spot for Earthquakes and many of you are running in panic mode for something that happened 6000 miles away; imagine if something destructive really did happen (which can potentially happen) many of you would run around chaotic.As for Japan, this is a horrible situation, the news clips of the tsunami look horrible. God bless there country and I pray they make it through this togather.

my thoughts goes out to my fellow japan, hawaii and west coast NTers

i cant believe what im seeing

my thoughts goes out to my fellow japan, hawaii and west coast NTers

i cant believe what im seeing

Back
Top Bottom