January Wrestling Thread/NTWT Jobber Of The Week D Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
source.gif

WWE Network Logo

Preliminary WWE Draft Pools announced
SmackDown and Raw are officially on the clock.
The preliminary WWE Draft Pools have been determined and designate which WWE Superstars are available for selection on each night.
Below is the full list of draft-eligible Superstars organized by assigned night:

Friday Night SmackDown – Oct. 11
Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch
Roman Reigns
The O.C. (United States Champion AJ Styles, Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson)
"The Fiend" Bray Wyatt
Drew McIntyre
Randy Orton
Sasha Banks
Ricochet
Braun Strowman
Bobby Lashley
Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross
Lacey Evans
The Viking Raiders (Erik & Ivar)
SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Revival (Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder)
Natalya
The Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins)
Lucha House Party (Kalisto, Gran Metalik, Lince Dorado)
Cesaro
Kevin Owens
Humberto Carrillo
Akira Tozawa
Sin Cara
Eric Young
EC3
Chad Gable
Heath Slater
Drew Gulak
The B-Team (Bo Dallas & Curtis Axel)
Tamina

Raw – Oct. 14
Universal Champion Seth Rollins
WWE Champion Brock Lesnar
SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair
Titus O’Neil
Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura (with Sami Zayn)
Aleister Black
The New Day (Kofi Kingston, Big E & Xavier Woods)
Daniel Bryan
Bayley
Luke Harper
Erick Rowan
The Miz
Ali
King Corbin
Elias
Raw Tag Team Champions Dolph Ziggler & Bobby Roode
Samoa Joe
WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions The Kabuki Warriors (Asuka & Kairi Sane)
Rusev
Cedric Alexander
Rey Mysterio
R-Truth
Carmella
AOP (Akam & Rezar)
Heavy Machinery (Tucker & Otis)
Apollo Crews
Andrade
Liv Morgan
Jinder Mahal
Buddy Murphy
Mojo Rawley
No Way José
Dana Brooke
Shelton Benjamin
Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder
The IIconics (Billie Kay & Peyton Royce)
Sarah Logan
Fire & Desire (Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville)
Drake Maverick

The WWE Draft begins with the Friday, Oct. 11 episode of SmackDown on FOX at 8/7 C. Catch the final picks on the Monday, Oct. 14 episode of Raw on USA Network at 8/7C.

Caught NXT this morning.

- Lio vs. Gulak was GOODT! I'm torn because I'm glad Lio got the win but sucks that it was at the expense of Gulak's reign. Those two have great chemistry together. I like how the made the Cruiserweight title seem like a big deal by having Regal come out to present the belt to Lio after he won, a la UFC

- Dat new Breezango entrance had me confused af. :lol: I was trying to figure out for the longest who was making their debutt when those women came out first. Beth was wildin' with her comments, talmbout how could she get her pipes cleaned. :lol::smh:

- Speaking of comments Mauro was on one even more than usual. Ole boy quoted a whole damn Meek verse.

- Heavens to betsy! Blue Mamba Blue Mamba Vanessa Bourne was looking so delectable.
1570801514462.png

- Women of 1,000 gimmicks getting washed by Rhea. :rofl::rofl::rofl::pimp:

- Rhea seems primed to take down the Baze for the Women's title and I am here for IT

- Enjoyed the Swerve/Roddy match, Dream wylin with that promo though. I'm sure that was robpzee612 robpzee612 approved.

- KUSH vs. DOMINICK was highly sports entertaining. WALTER has IT. He and Brock can sell their *** off. Him yanking his arm away that KUSH was working on all match when the orange ref tried to raise it after he won was noticed and appreciated. Don't see who can possibly take out WALTER for the UK title for the foreseeable future.

WWE SmackDown preview (Oct. 11, 2019): Entertainment, please

Draft16BL.0.png
WWE Network
WWE SmackDown returns tonight from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. This is night one of the Draft.
The Headliner
The big hook for the show tonight is the WWE Draft, where they’ll re-split the rosters between Raw and SmackDown. This will be the rosters they run with for the next year and there will be no more drifting from brand to brand. This should be actually be exciting for a change, but we wouldn’t blame you if you’re hesitant to get enthusiastic. Because WWE roster shakeups have been boring.
To be fair, the first draft years back was entertaining as they actually had people standing up on stage and picking different members of the roster. It had hints of strategy and where wrestlers were chosen sometimes became a point of motivation for that talent. You know, the stuff that makes actual drafts entertaining.
But since then, it’s been extremely uninspired. Every post-WrestleMania Shake-up has been boring. Wrestlers randomly show up and that means they’re on that brand. There’s no rhyme nor reason to it. This is despite the first Shake-up promising trades and deals, which just served as a reminder that it could be fun but wasn’t.
I’m not going to get my hopes up, but it sounds like tonight will be different with specific rules and people announcing picks for the networks, which is already more effort than we got the last few years. That would fall in line with word that Fox wants a “real sports feel.”
There are no longer any authority figures to choose for each brand so it looks like they have celebrities doing it. (Celebrities are advertised but it’s not specifically stated they’ll be making the picks.) And they are celebrities who either work for USA or Fox, sticking with the theme of networks vying for talent. (I would love to hear the nuclear boos if Joe Buck, who is advertised, steps up to the podium for a Fox pick.)
The #1 overall pick will be on the line when Seth Rollins (representing Raw) and Roman Reigns (representing SmackDown) go one on one. Could we get a situation where Rollins wins and the USA drafts Reigns? Anything can happen! Well, the vice versa can’t happen because there are only a certain pool of talent who can be drafted tonight and a certain pool that will be available on Raw.

This sounds like it will be fun, but given how they’ve dropped the ball with this yearly, it may be best to temper expectations until the show actually starts.
The Title Scene:
Kofi Kingston is no longer WWE Champion, losing to Brock Lesnar in a matter of literal seconds. Many were angry how it went down, and you can count me as one of those angry at the results. The title change is fine, but jobbing Kofi in seconds was BS in my book. Now Brock is going to face off against Cain Velasquez, who debuted last week, sooner than later. (Tune into today’s press conference at 3 PM to find out more on that.) Does that mean Kofi’s run as a single’s competitor is done after this? He’d need a rematch with Lesnar where he holds his own more in order to be taken seriously as a title contender, even if he’s moved to Raw.
Charlotte is now your SmackDown Women’s champion so expect her to stay on Fridays in the draft. As for future feuds, well, we’ll have to see how tonight and Monday shake up for that first.
The Revival are your SmackDown tag team champions still but like with the women, we’ll have to see what tag teams end up on the blue brand. Or can champions be moved? I doubt a championship that has the name of the brand in the title would be moved and if the champion holding that title were to be moved, they’d have to be stripped it, right?
Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura isn’t actively in a feud. He will on-again-off-again feud with Ali, but that never feels destined to be a full feud.
The word is tghese will be rigid rosters not crossing over. But does that apply to the Women’s tag team champions? There’s only one set of titles and they were always meant to be defended on all show. So do Kabuki Warriors get to cross brands despite where they’re actually drafted?
Other things to keep an eye on:
- Obvious, Cain Velasquez’s feud with Brock Lesnar is the big thing to watch for. By the time you tune in, you’ll know the plan given the press conference today. It’s possible that press conference will be the only time you see them this week.
- Kevin Owens has retired Shane McMahon. What’s next for the prize fighter?
- Bayley did not take her loss to Charlotte well at Hell in a Cell. Will she continue forward as a heel? She probably should because there’s a lot to be explored there and she was doing a great job of it early on.
Will who starts on SmackDown stay on SmackDown? Tune into SmackDown tonight at 8 ET on Fox to find out!

MVP was a complete package. I think the heart condition prevented him from reaching the world championship level though. It seems they were high on him when he got to be a double champ and work with Chris Benoit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom