January Wrestling Thread/NTWT Jobber Of The Week D Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching aew now. flabby Jericho cut a decent promo but still felt flat cuz the rest of the crew is trash n thwagger still sucks.. 2 jobbers for number 1 contender? Dudes super frail too .that falling backwards finisher is trash and barley landed. private party has potential great signing by aew.not a fan of the young bucks. Another good women’s match. Might be the best thing going in aew. Ambrose vs tye...Jeans got flabby again and another blatant interference in front of the ref and jr having to call them out for it . Jeans seems less contrived and hopefully they let him do him, but that ring gear isn’t working. Tye still sucks. PAC is bad on the mic.maint event was meh. Jericho and Dustin isn’t what I’m trying to watch . Hangman isn’t half bad. Last segment was ok but forgettable skateboard thing was different I guess. Thwagger still sucks. commentary is better on awe cuz Beth is trash. I will say that tnt is making aew feel like a big deal.Unlike nxt on USA. Doesn’t seem like USA cares much. I liked more of the matches on nxt tonight tho Hopefully both shows step it up some more

I am wondering if Audrey is going to end up wrestling. It seems that she is getting THAT much attention right now. :lol:

Yea @...So , Cornette has been singing her praises.

I don't think so. I believe she has already tried that and now she's a ref. Much like Drake Wuertz in NXT. They found their lanes and are sticking to it. Personally, I really like Aubrey. She calls a good match, has great facial expressions, etc.

what’s a thot? Tater tot?!?!
D0DE2814-DB8F-4A7C-8AC1-2A17B68C4410.jpeg
25FF858C-8F87-42F4-AE23-E63B39394661.jpeg

Stayed away from the thread until I could watch both shows. Given the fact that I don't get home until 10:30ish on Wednesday nights, I'll probably end up watching everything on Thursdays. Just gotta try to stay away from social media spoilers.

A&W has been sports entertaining these past 2 weeks, but NXT has blown them out of the water with their in-ring work. Hasn't even been close. A&W basically feels like a 2 hour version of Raw, which definitely isn't bad, but certainly isn't the groundbreaking alternative to WWE like IT was talked up to be.

A&W
- Bucks vs Avenue Acquisitions was fun for a spotfest.
- Jericho's promo was really good. Cool seeing him as the leader of a faction. His music is so damn good too. Always get IT stuck in my head after seeing him.
- Jack Swagger looks like a dweeb.
- Kenny Omega is still a geek loser and nothing more. Complete malpractice.
- Womens match was pretty good.
- Couldn't have been less interested in a Dean Ambrose/Tye Dillweed match :sick:
- Another cluster F ending. Why the hell did Cody need the lights to go out for his entrance, and why is MJF a face for things like this and a heel otherwise? :lol:
- Derby coming out on a skateboard was :lol:, but I can't take him or the Havock guy seriously as title contenders.

NXT
- Lio :pimp:
- Bellaire vs Dakota Sky was real solid. Bellaire's promo was not.
- Speaking of promos, Velveteen had another struggle one to match last week's.
- Roddy/Swerve and Walter/Kooshida were both fantastic.
- Kooshida's music is WAY weaker than his New Japanese theme.

I don't think so. I believe she has already tried that and now she's a ref. Much like Drake Wuertz in NXT. They found their lanes and are sticking to it. Personally, I really like Aubrey. She calls a good match, has great facial expressions, etc.

I honestly think she has the potential to be a great ref that could work the main event at Mania someday and have a 25 yr career..She has that old school ref vibe to her..She does, however, need to really work on her positioning and her pacing on counts. It seems like she always starts her counts a little bit late..But she could definitely be the senior ref in WWE after Vince dies and she doesn’t have to worry about being molested by the Grim Reaper..

If the criteria is based on pure drawing numbers or who made their company the most money, then obviously not. But as far as a combination of workrate, promo ability, and longevity (which takes into account all the times Jericho has had to reinvent himself to remain at least in the upper-midcard), who tf is better exactly?

Top 5 Jericho matches where his workrate shines through?

Yea why the **** did Cody need the lights out :lol:....dream definitely with the 2 struggle promos, he seems uncomfortable.... And yo is that ref chick in aew the same girl from the gif of the crying girl clapping that ya be posting ???:nerd::nerd:

Stayed away from the thread until I could watch both shows. Given the fact that I don't get home until 10:30ish on Wednesday nights, I'll probably end up watching everything on Thursdays. Just gotta try to stay away from social media spoilers.

A&W has been sports entertaining these past 2 weeks, but NXT has blown them out of the water with their in-ring work. Hasn't even been close. A&W basically feels like a 2 hour version of Raw, which definitely isn't bad, but certainly isn't the groundbreaking alternative to WWE like IT was talked up to be.

A&W
- Bucks vs Avenue Acquisitions was fun for a spotfest.
- Jericho's promo was really good. Cool seeing him as the leader of a faction. His music is so damn good too. Always get IT stuck in my head after seeing him.
- Jack Swagger looks like a dweeb.
- Kenny Omega is still a geek loser and nothing more. Complete malpractice.
- Womens match was pretty good.
- Couldn't have been less interested in a Dean Ambrose/Tye Dillweed match :sick:
- Another cluster F ending. Why the hell did Cody need the lights to go out for his entrance, and why is MJF a face for things like this and a heel otherwise? :lol:
- Derby coming out on a skateboard was :lol:, but I can't take him or the Havock guy seriously as title contenders.

NXT
- Lio :pimp:
- Bellaire vs Dakota Sky was real solid. Bellaire's promo was not.
- Speaking of promos, Velveteen had another struggle one to match last week's.
- Roddy/Swerve and Walter/Kooshida were both fantastic.
- Kooshida's music is WAY weaker than his New Japanese theme.
Pretty much agree with all of this. I still can’t help but feel that they did UE holding all the gold too late though. It feels forced where they had maybe 3 or 4 really good opportunities to do it before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom