James Harrison is a wild man

[h1][/h1]
[h1]James Harrison rips Roger Goodell[/h1]

NEW YORK -- Heavily fined Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison calls NFL commissioner Roger Goodell a "crook" and a "devil," among other insults, in an interview with Men's Journal.
He even rips teammates Rashard Mendenhall ("fumble machine") and Ben Roethlisberger for their performances in the Super Bowl loss.
"Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again. Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain't that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does," he said, referring to Roethlisberger's two interceptions in the game.

The 2008 AP Defensive Player of the Year hasn't been shy about ripping the league after he was docked $100,000 for illegal hits last season. In the August issue of Men's Journal, his rants against Goodell reach another level of wrath.

"If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it," Harrison told the magazine. "I hate him and will never respect him."

His other descriptions of the commissioner include an anti-gay slur, "stupid," "puppet" and "dictator."

If the Steelers had defeated the Green Bay Packers in the Super Bowl, Harrison said, he would have whispered in Goodell's ear during the trophy ceremony: "Why don't you quit and do something else, like start your own league in flag football?"

Harrison also questions whether a black player is punished more for a hard hit on a white player than the opposite.

"I slammed Vince Young on his head and paid five grand, but just touched Drew Brees and that was 20," Harrison said. "You think black players don't see this s--- and lose all respect for Goodell?"

Harrison also criticizes other NFL execs, Patriots-turned-commentators Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi ("clowns"), Houston's Brian Cushing ("juiced out of his mind").

Beyond the insults, Harrison makes some serious points about what he believes are the league's misguided attempts to increase safety. He explains how non-guaranteed contracts make players more likely to hit high, because in the short term, a torn knee ligament is more costly than a concussion.

And Harrison suggests the real way to prevent head injuries is to shorten the season to 14 games, start offseason workouts later and trim the length of training camp so "we're not bangin' heads so much in August; that's where the brain trauma comes from."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]James Harrison rips Roger Goodell[/h1]

NEW YORK -- Heavily fined Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison calls NFL commissioner Roger Goodell a "crook" and a "devil," among other insults, in an interview with Men's Journal.
He even rips teammates Rashard Mendenhall ("fumble machine") and Ben Roethlisberger for their performances in the Super Bowl loss.
"Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again. Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain't that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does," he said, referring to Roethlisberger's two interceptions in the game.

The 2008 AP Defensive Player of the Year hasn't been shy about ripping the league after he was docked $100,000 for illegal hits last season. In the August issue of Men's Journal, his rants against Goodell reach another level of wrath.

"If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it," Harrison told the magazine. "I hate him and will never respect him."

His other descriptions of the commissioner include an anti-gay slur, "stupid," "puppet" and "dictator."

If the Steelers had defeated the Green Bay Packers in the Super Bowl, Harrison said, he would have whispered in Goodell's ear during the trophy ceremony: "Why don't you quit and do something else, like start your own league in flag football?"

Harrison also questions whether a black player is punished more for a hard hit on a white player than the opposite.

"I slammed Vince Young on his head and paid five grand, but just touched Drew Brees and that was 20," Harrison said. "You think black players don't see this s--- and lose all respect for Goodell?"

Harrison also criticizes other NFL execs, Patriots-turned-commentators Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi ("clowns"), Houston's Brian Cushing ("juiced out of his mind").

Beyond the insults, Harrison makes some serious points about what he believes are the league's misguided attempts to increase safety. He explains how non-guaranteed contracts make players more likely to hit high, because in the short term, a torn knee ligament is more costly than a concussion.

And Harrison suggests the real way to prevent head injuries is to shorten the season to 14 games, start offseason workouts later and trim the length of training camp so "we're not bangin' heads so much in August; that's where the brain trauma comes from."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

As a someone who's a fan of the Steelers and follows closely, Harrison flipped his wig a long time ago. The only new is him ripping his teammates.

I dont expect him to be there very long.

eek.gif

His own teammates, the commish, and then racism all in the same rant. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Wooooooooooo, this is going to be good.  Someone get that man a reality show so we can really find out what's on his mind. 

As a someone who's a fan of the Steelers and follows closely, Harrison flipped his wig a long time ago. The only new is him ripping his teammates.

I dont expect him to be there very long.

eek.gif

His own teammates, the commish, and then racism all in the same rant. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Wooooooooooo, this is going to be good.  Someone get that man a reality show so we can really find out what's on his mind. 

i mean i think people are full aware of his feelings toward the commish. but the comments on big ben and teammates...unbelievable. and unacceptable to do it in this fashion.

i mean i think people are full aware of his feelings toward the commish. but the comments on big ben and teammates...unbelievable. and unacceptable to do it in this fashion.

Now the Steelers (and their fans) have: Mendy's twitter comments, Ward's alleged DUI, Ben's secret wedding, Clark and Ray Rice twitter beef, and now Harrison being Harrison.

Seems like a normal off-season.

Now the Steelers (and their fans) have: Mendy's twitter comments, Ward's alleged DUI, Ben's secret wedding, Clark and Ray Rice twitter beef, and now Harrison being Harrison.

Seems like a normal off-season.

Besides the throwing of the names (which is unacceptable) under the bus he made good points.

Besides the throwing of the names (which is unacceptable) under the bus he made good points.

Harrison is an idiot...this is nothing new. We all know that the rules set in place to "protect" the QB are some bull....but, he REALLY is talking outta his #$%.

Don't know if anyone will step to him tho...he's crazy.
laugh.gif

Harrison is an idiot...this is nothing new. We all know that the rules set in place to "protect" the QB are some bull....but, he REALLY is talking outta his #$%.

laugh.gif

Hmm, a black man calling his ultra boss the devil? That is new.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

Why exactly is he an idiot? Is there anything he is saying that you disagree with or the fact that he is speaking (so much and so violently) is what makes him an idiot?

Hmm, a black man calling his ultra boss the devil? That is new.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

Why exactly is he an idiot? Is there anything he is saying that you disagree with or the fact that he is speaking (so much and so violently) is what makes him an idiot?

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

[h1][/h1]

Hand it off to the guy you just called fumble machine tho? 
laugh.gif

The red comment has me in tears. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
  How could this not cause an issue later on down the line?  Harrison needs to relax or something, he wound too tight.  The 16 QB's he gonna play this year should think about new ways to invent a 1 game injury, so they miss the Steeler games.  This dude gonna wreck people when they get back on the field. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

[h1][/h1]

Hand it off to the guy you just called fumble machine tho? 
laugh.gif

The red comment has me in tears. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
  How could this not cause an issue later on down the line?  Harrison needs to relax or something, he wound too tight.  The 16 QB's he gonna play this year should think about new ways to invent a 1 game injury, so they miss the Steeler games.  This dude gonna wreck people when they get back on the field. 
laugh.gif

This has been an off-season to forget about for the Pittsburgh Steelers organization.  Looks like the list of events just keeps piling up.  The thing is though, as it appears now nobody is going to step to Harrison and speak ill-will, they know the deal.

Harrison also criticizes other NFL execs, Patriots-turned-commentators Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi ("clowns"), 
My man!!  I applaud Harrison for this statement at least.

Back
Top Bottom