[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

After a handful of listens all the way through, really like the album. Then again, I mess with most of Cole music.

Copped the signed vinyl and merchandise. Accidentally chose the one with a CD. All good tho I can throw it in the whip.

Anyone else who ordered the vinyl already get an email saying their order shipped? I did... I’m
Assuming it’s the digital download that shipped lol.

I definitely didn't get a shipped email. Only copped the vinyl and digital, though. You didn't get anything but the Vinyl?
I ordered the vinyl that came with a digital, no shirt or anything. The email has the link to the digital so I’m assuming it’s just for that, the vinyl isn’t even pressed yet so it has to just mean they sent the digital.

I ordered the vinyl that came with a digital, no shirt or anything. The email has the link to the digital so I’m assuming it’s just for that, the vinyl isn’t even pressed yet so it has to just mean they sent the digital.

I got the same, with just a download link. I think your right, because the expected ship date was like August! :lol::smh:

I was wondering if Kevin was “cool” with that song too, thats a good look for both :smokin

Even Pitchfork acknowledged this sounds like DAMN in their review :lol:

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/j-cole-kod/

“ Cole is friends with Kendrick Lamar, and KOD, with its stripped-down production, snare-drum flows, and focus on virtue and vice, can feel like a pale shadow of DAMN. Unlike the Pulitzer winner, Cole is far more predictable and accessible.”
This whole review was basically "J Cole is too self righteous" and "he's not as good as Kendrick so I don't like him". :lol:

While he's not as good as Kendrick, Cole is still a dope *** rapper with substance. Just off of the rapping and content this is at least a 7.

The whole narrative of Cole being "self-righteous" or "preachy" on this album annoys me and just simply isn't true. Just because you provide social commentary on our society through music doesn't make you "preachy". It's not like Cole is out here telling people what to do and not to do drugs. He is simply saying a message that is constantly repeated throughout the album that "There is pain in life and it is important to choose wisely how you deal with that pain." I'm sorry but thats not preachy or self-righteous at all.

I think this album in a way forces the listener to think about the way they deal with their pain and what they have consumed that contributes to the glorification of drug culture and money in hip-hop. Having to think about that I think makes some people uncomfortable and defensive. IMO It's ok for someone within a community to provide social commentary and there is nothing wrong with Cole's message here at all.

That's def true
But at the same time fam knew the reactions fans would have with his music and the album, these takes would happen.

Back
Top Bottom