[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

This whole review was basically "J Cole is too self righteous" and "he's not as good as Kendrick so I don't like him". :lol:

While he's not as good as Kendrick, Cole is still a dope *** rapper with substance. Just off of the rapping and content this is at least a 7.
That review was terrible. Those dudes literally only listened to the album to try to find contradictions and things they may not agree instead of accepting that are Cole's beliefs not theirs. I would respected this more if they said the beats are wack or his lyrics are but they had a issue with subject matter more than anything.

A lot of people nowadays want to be stuck on stupid. Any rapper that's about substance or lyricism, there's a group that feels "that's too woke". Like it's a bad thing to put effort and messages in your craft... :lol:

And people are way too sensitive when they look at 1985 as some hard diss. He was saying the truth, giving _'s cold game but instead of saying "Damn, he right" they get offended. He ain't even say lil pumps name but lil pump knows he's one of the many clowns that those words apply to.

Digging the album more each day.

About the Kendrick comaprison:

I feel like it has elements of section 80 and Damn.

Kush&Corrinthians= Once an addict
Feel/ Fear =Window Pain/ CutOff (god/spiritual explanation for hard times interlude)
DNA = ATM
Kevins Heart= Loyalty

Not that these are same songs but they definitely give me the same vibes

As someone who listened to DAMN everyday for damn near a year, and has had this album on play nonstop, I just don’t see the comparisons. To each their own though.

Especially ATM to DNA, aside from both having a 3 letter acronym as the title, that’s as similar as they get .

Last edited:
That review was terrible. Those dudes literally only listened to the album to try to find contradictions and things they may not agree instead of accepting that are Cole's beliefs not theirs. I would respected this more if they said the beats are wack or his lyrics are but they had a issue with subject matter more than anything.

Would’ve love to see NT during the 90’s when other hip hop artists , like LL Cool J or Example : when DMX was singing on “slipping “

“Oooh He doesn’t sound right on the hook , he should’ve gotten Faith Evans to sing it .”

I promise some dudes listened to an album once , and go to rating the music .

Digging the album more each day.

About the Kendrick comaprison:

I feel like it has elements of section 80 and Damn.

Kush&Corrinthians= Once an addict
Feel/ Fear =Window Pain/ CutOff (god/spiritual explanation for hard times interlude)
DNA = ATM
Kevins Heart= Loyalty

Not that these are same songs but they definitely give me the same vibes
maybe in content matter i guess i can see it
but sonically they don't remind me of each other at all

so i didn't really get the "this is a weak version of DAMN" quotes lol

kendrick is beast but i kinda feel like he's glamorized lol

outside of DAMN, cole's music has always been easier for me to digest at least sonically lol

That would be fire. I wish more rappers & singers would do joint albums like Best of Both Worlds.

Side note: I always said Drake & Trey Songz should of did a joint album. Window is closed now though.

Man if only Cole would open his eyes , and step out his comfort zone .

But yea Drake & Trey had so many fire joints together man

Been shuffling through his discography since Friday. Haven’t played Cole in a long long time and I forgot how nice his catalog is.

I know SS is generally regarded as his worst project but there’s still some gems in there.

Would’ve love to see NT during the 90’s when other hip hop artists , like LL Cool J or Example : when DMX was singing on “slipping “

“Oooh He doesn’t sound right on the hook , he should’ve gotten Faith Evans to sing it .”

I promise some dudes listened to an album once , and go to rating the music .
Dudes were in here at 12:05 saying the album was trash...then came back a couple of days later talking about how it grew on them.

Nah, chances are you never even gave yourself a chance to digest and truly understand it. This new era of instant gratification and knee jerk reactions has been horrible. I can't imagine how many albums I may have missed just because it didn't catch my ear in the week it had before the next project dropped.

Dudes were in here at 12:05 saying the album was trash...then came back a couple of days later talking about how it grew on them.

Nah, chances are you never even gave yourself a chance to digest and truly understand it. This new era of instant gratification and knee jerk reactions has been horrible. I can't imagine how many albums I may have missed just because it didn't catch my ear in the week it had before the next project dropped.

Willing to bet the average lifespan of an album is about 3 days for most people.

I've been playing KOD and 1st Baptist on shuffle for over a week now.

If anything I have a tendency to play out albums until i have to give it a break for a few months. Then I just pick my fab songs and add them to a playlist.

Anyway, Once and Addict basically troubles me at this point. Uncomfortable. Like is what he said about his mom true? Son kept it too real if true.

Man if only Cole would open his eyes , and step out his comfort zone .

But yea Drake & Trey had so many fire joints together man
Man Cole and Miguel would be totally in his comfort zone though :lol: Like the vibe is so real. It would come too easy.

Funny enough on this topic, of all ppl actually doing this its Chris Brown and Joyner Lucas doing a project together.

More rappers should do this though.

Back
Top Bottom