[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

See I like that he keeps trying to make his own beats cuz his **** sounds different. I do imagine his tracks over other people beats at times but I feel like that kinda just feeds back into the "same song, different-ish lyrics" thing going on the past few years.

Brehs that conversation with Uncle Sam on Brackets :lol::lol:

***** said Huh? :lol:

some of his beats are different in a good way, others they sound like old 2013-2014 “J Cole type beats” from Youtube

some of these ****s just...aint hot :lol:. bars is there tho

:pimp: :nthat: :nthat:

Bruh! I felt this cd...in my bones I felt this shhh....

The track he talking bout his ma dukes, drinking and listening to Marvin...been there

Kevin’s heart was too real....yea, I been there...

Too many references to getting lit to take away your demons...been there, done that...

Add in the fact that homie is straight spittin, 1985, ATM, Motivate, photographs :smokin :smokin

Replay value out the as!!! I love it :pimp:

Facts!!!!

I like this album more than DAMN.

I agree.

I'm only in my 20s and I rather listen to this album than any of these young rappers these days that got everyone going crazy.

I love this pic!
kids on drugs.png

Nah he needs Krit producing some of his stuff

the sad fact is that his classic lies in he project where he wilds out and has beats from everyone from KRIT to Just Blaze to Mexiko Dro/Pierre Bourne type ******. but he so focused on producing all his **** himself for no reason

Ye started to make ANTHEMS once he got with DJ Toomp, Timbaland, Just Blaze, etc.

J Cole is a mature 33 year old... and I think that’s the perspective he makes music from. In the settings he occupy’s I don’t think he vibes to the trendy or huge sounds. I don’t think he ever goes into a project looking to make music for settings he isn’t usually in himself honestly. Me personally I’m fine with that... but I get that other people may not be.

If you need sumtin for the gym, the house party, pre game drinking etc... he will consistently miss the mark it seems. I’m willing to bet that most of his younger fans(age or maturity) have the most difficultly accepting his newer material... production wise at least.

Agreed 100%.

the sad fact is that his classic lies in he project where he wilds out and has beats from everyone from KRIT to Just Blaze to Mexiko Dro/Pierre Bourne type *****s. but he so focused on producing all his **** himself for no reason

Ye started to make ANTHEMS once he got with DJ Toomp, Timbaland, Just Blaze, etc.

Seriously, 4 albums in, he’s really missing out on outside production to really elevate him even more, but I guess when you are getting acclaim anyway, and keeping a lot of the money due to that self-producing, not much reason to make a change.

See I like that he keeps trying to make his own beats cuz his **** sounds different. I do imagine his tracks over other people beats at times but I feel like that kinda just feeds back into the "same song, different-ish lyrics" thing going on the past few years.

Brehs that conversation with Uncle Sam on Brackets :lol::lol:

***** said Huh? :lol:

I find this so interesting because for me J. Cole's greatest flaw has always been "slightly different lyrics, same song."

I really like a couple of tracks on the album.

Dude always speaks to me lyrically, intellectually, sometimes emotionally in a very linear one track lane.

But musically, sonically, 6.5/10, over what's now been many years.

I really want to know from thorough fans, how many beats has he produced better than Kendrick's Hi Power, they're not on his albums on initial listens.

On a musical level I'll take everyone of his calibrations with Miguel over 90% of his catalog.

I find this so interesting because for me J. Cole's greatest flaw has always been "slightly different lyrics, same song."

I really like a couple of tracks on the album.

Dude always speaks to me lyrically, intellectually, sometimes emotionally in a very linear one track lane.

But musically, sonically, 6.5/10, over what's now been many years.

I really want to know from thorough fans, how many beats has he produced better than Kendrick's Hi Power, they're not on his albums on initial listens.

On a musical level I'll take everyone of his calibrations with Miguel over 90% of his catalog.

Didn't Cole produce Jig Is Up too? Never heard anything close to that on his own albums :lol:

The Cut Off :pimp::pimp:

Time will tell who is on my side
(Time will tell just who is on my side)
I mean well but I can't stop my pride
(I mean well but I can't stop my pride)

Too much real life :smh:

Love it, grew on me after a few spins. Refreshing to hear some substance and truth telling

I think the first half of the album is what the label demanded sonically and the 2nd half of the album is 100% what he wanted to make.

Interesting take. Since the success of BS I don't feel like he's had any of his songs demanded by the label. So much his music sounds like its him trying things out, even the "radio" records.

Back
Top Bottom