Iverson to the Pistons

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I'm happy to see Iverson get traded it was sad seeing him on the Nuggets and in the West where he didn't have a chance really to get the the finals.

But imagine if it was the 76ers vs Pistons match up again, crazy.

Pistons where the one team where the 76ers couldn't beat in the playoffs while Iverson was here, it's crazy to see him on their side now

if you cant beat them join them (word to mitch richmond in '02, jr rider in '01,)

iverson in detroit?...chauncey and dice back in denver brings defense in the nuggets...its a good move for both teams...defense is not an issue in motown butoffense is what they dont have, so iverson is a great pick up...dice is another big body since camby and chauncey can defer more to anthony in a set offensesince anthony enjoys throwing bombs from the arc...but doesnt george karL run a fast paced offense?...i dont know correct me if im wrong

Originally Posted by MDterps4

Looks like a Pistons vs. Lakers Finals this year...
Someone is getting a little too ahead of themselves
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

i dont know if ima cop the white authentic or the blue ...

Alternate.

Anyone else think that Boozer is their target with unloading B-B-B-Billups and dice?

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I'm happy to see Iverson get traded it was sad seeing him on the Nuggets and in the West where he didn't have a chance really to get the the finals.

But imagine if it was the 76ers vs Pistons match up again, crazy.

Pistons where the one team where the 76ers couldn't beat in the playoffs while Iverson was here, it's crazy to see him on their side now
That's all I'm hoping comes out of this trade.

I'm not sure how I feel about this...
tired.gif

damn... I really didn't want to see Chauncey go

If dyess is bought out, he probably will wait and end up back in detroit since I think you have to wait like a month before you can go back to the team thattraded you when that happens.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

The Piston will have a legit 4th quarter clutch player now with A.I on the team
they've had that in billups for the past few years...

and imo:

billups' clutch > ai's clutch

what's the last big shot Mr. Big Shot made?

dude is living off a rep from a few years ago.

I dont get this.

So now you bring in a guy who takes shots away from Hamilton. You get rid of a the most clutch guys on your team in Billups.

They still dont put Sheed on the block enough, and now you bring in another perimeter player to jack up shots.

I just dont understand.

Didn't the piston just sign Billups to that huge deal not too long ago? Well, now the team belongs to Melo.

Good trade! AI is gonna look good on a good team!
Joe D had to do something. There's no point in finishing #2 in the east and then getting bounced in the Eastern semis or finals.. Win it all or bust!

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Joe D had to do something. There's no point in finishing #2 in the east and then getting bounced in the Eastern semis or finals.. Win it all or bust!

I disagree. I mean I know they haven't won in a while, but they are obviously doing a lot of things right.

Minor adjustments need to be made. And when I say minor, that doesn't include trading your Finals MVP away.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

I dont get this.

So now you bring in a guy who takes shots away from Hamilton. You get rid of a the most clutch guys on your team in Billups.

They still dont put Sheed on the block enough, and now you bring in another perimeter player to jack up shots.

I just dont understand.
Me neither. I can see the trade from Denver's perspective, but not the Pistons' . I just don't see how Iverson is going to eliminatethe deficiencies that kept the Pistons from getting out of the East the last few seasons.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

I disagree. I mean I know they haven't won in a while, but they are obviously doing a lot of things right.

Minor adjustments need to be made. And when I say minor, that doesn't include trading your Finals MVP away.
I agree..They traded Billups. Stupid is as stupid does.

Well...

what have the Pistons won lately? things needed to be shaken up...and now they have a scorer like AI...something they haven't have, and he has defensebehind him.

Lost in all of this is the fact that the Pistons have AI's HUGE contract coming off the books...they will have a ton of cap-space in the near future tomake a run at....Lebron (or another big name in the big FA class coming up year after next)?

I guess overall it'll be ok, in the end of the day this will eventually be Rodney Stuckey's team.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Lost in all of this is the fact that the Pistons have AI's HUGE contract coming off the books...they will have a ton of cap-space in the near future to make a run at....Lebron (or another big name in the big FA class coming up year after next)?
Boozer?

That's what I'm trying to figure out, Billups hasn't been clutch since 2004, actually in the pass playoffs he's been terrible and is on thedecline. AI hasn't slowed hardly any, just been on non-contending teams.

Back
Top Bottom