Iverson to the Pistons

I'm going to miss my man AI in Denver, I went to many games that past two seasons and he was just amazing to watch and he will be missed, but I'mexcited to see what Billups and JR starting will bring to the team. Melo is the main man now so it's his time to shine. I knew once we didn't give AIan extension this past off season that he would be traded at some point this season just so we get something in return. It's a smart trade for the Nuggetsbecause we are getting some players in return for AI instead of just letting him walk this off season. Hopefully Melo can start rolling he was arguably thebest player in the NBA prior to his suspension and the AI trade to Denver mid-season in 2006. Melo is the man in Devner and he needs to show us that he can bethat dude. Go Nuggets!

Pistons made a good move salary wise, but on the court I don't think this helps them much.

Nuggets should be slightly better.

If Chauncey was on the block, my Blazers should of got him, they need a upgrade over Steve Blake.

Pistons should have offloaded Kwame in this deal as well
roll.gif

Can't believe this deal went down. Pistons got the better deal. Pistons Vs. Celtics can't wait.

Another reason why I like this deal for Detroit.

What have the Pistons really won lately?
they need to shake things up, because that current roster is not going to win a chip.
And now they have AI.
One of the best scorers, competitors of our generation.
And now AI has a legit D behind him.

Watch out, seriously.

Am I the only one who doesnt like this trade for the Pistons. Im not trying to sound like a hater because AI is a great individual player and can carry ateam, but I don't really believe AI can lead a team if that makes sense. I though when AI went to Denver he alienated Carmelo and took away opportunitiesfor other players. I don't understand how he isn't going to do the same thing in Detroit. Not only are you telling Stuckey that he is going to haveto take a backseat again and stunt his development, but you are taking away shots from players like Wallace and Hamilton.

On the other hand I like this deal for the Nuggets because it gives them that true pass first point guard and allows JR Smith to slide into the startinglineup. To say the least Carmelo should at least be back to his old form before AI came to the Nuggets.

AI is a great player and one of the greatest of all time, but I dont really know if he helps this Pistons team that much. What would the Pistons startinglineup look like?

PG - AI
SG - Hamilton
SF - Prince
PF - Wallace
C - Maxiell
?

or would they go small and free up a spot for stuckey?

PG - Stuckey
SG - AI
SF - Hamilton
PF - Prince
C - Wallace

you cant frontrun a team that isnt in first place significantly ... do you know what front running is?
you do realize that Detroit is undefeated?

Personally I feel that this doesnt really move the Pistons forward, but I definitely wont be one to say that I am willing to see the Pistons more now.

I like the move for both teams.

The Pistons finally have THAT scorer and this will free up Rip/Prince...and allow Stuckey progress since he showed flashes of greatness last playoffs. Fantasyowners...GRAB STUCKEY.

For Denver, this gives them defense and toughness that they've been lacking...along with leadership. J.R. Smith was already ridiculous off the bench...butnow, this fool is about to get unleashed. I'd grab him too...if you didn't already have him. I do in all of my leagues.

I hope Ivo can get a chip before he's done.

damn, I gotta get my cable of up and get on basketball tv because the NBA might be a little interesting this year.I just feel extremely bad for "theAnswer" who never found his..sucks to be that good and not get yours..

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Watch out, seriously.
Boy does this sound awfully familiar
laugh.gif

this is exactly what I was thinking. The same thing happened with the Nuggets but the chemistry didnt work out and thats what I feel the most concerning thingfor the Pistons have to be. I suppose if it doesnt work out they can unload AI's contract which is also good too.

laugh.gif
lnMyMind wrote:

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Watch out, seriously.
Boy does this sound awfully familiar
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It does, but IMO this team has something that Denver team didn't have.
Defense.

And if it doesn't work out, you have 30 mil off the books.

finally my boi is out of the golden nuggets. It was hard watching him play on the same team as *%$$# $$$ melo.
sick.gif

I don't see how Detroit is happy about getting AI. I don't think He's going to help them out at all, in a year or two He'll be coming off ateams bench playing 6th man.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

The Pistons finally have THAT scorer and this will free up Rip/Prince...
I didn't know that was something they were lacking...

Detroit will still finish 2nd in the East but they'll have more firepower now.

Additionally, this puts more pressure on the Danny Ferry and the Cavs' front office. Lebron sees other organizations making MAJOR moves to acquire All-Startalent and the Cavs' stay stagnant. Its looking more and more like Ferry is gonna blow it and force Lebron to leave...

Originally Posted by Yimoney23

finally my boi is out of the golden nuggets. It was hard watching playing him on the same team as ##+*$ @*+ melo.
sick.gif
laugh.gif
this was exactly why people were hyping up theSixers-Nuggets trade and now two and a half years later this is what we get.

Scottsauce88

Naw, I see what you're saying.

But it was time for a shake-up.
That Detroit team hasn't done anything since that title.
They needed a shake-up IMO. and this is it.

Back
Top Bottom