Iverson to the Pistons

McDyess might not be included? What's the word with that??

This couldn't be better for me
smile.gif
I am going to Detroit on Saturday for a concert and ended up buying Celtics/Pistons tickets along with them... Can'twait for that!

This still doesn't make Denver a playoff team... And they've gotta pick up that hefty contract Dumars just gave Chauncey...

For a team that's been strapped for cash and this not being a move that puts them into any type of serious discussion out West, I don't get it...

Completely random
ohwell.gif
eek.gif
But I hope it works out for AI in the D though. I'd like to see him get aring.
pimp.gif

detroit finally has that GUY to go to in the 4th quarter.
i know it's nice to have lots of threats with Billups Rip and Sheed.
But you need to have a bona fide superstar to eat double teams and score in the clutch.
They get that.
Denver gets a pure point that can shoot from outside to help melo.

this DOES help both teams.

can't believe melo and chauncey together though. it also beefs up the nuggets' front court...

What's Billups contract look like? I'm kind of iffy on this one. On one hand you get AI, and that's all fine and dandy but he may leave after thisyr. You may like that and have Stuckey take over as starting point, but Sheeds contract is up as well after this season, and what if they don't get himback??

As for Denver, hope to God that JR starts knocking them down, because they'll need all the points they can get.

Originally Posted by kmstivers21

McDyess might not be included? What's the word with that??

This couldn't be better for me
smile.gif
I am going to Detroit on Saturday for a concert and ended up buying Celtics/Pistons tickets along with them... Can't wait for that!
Hes included in the deal but he most likely wont report and return to the pistons.

I think JR will benefit the most from this trade, he was averaging 20 ppg before AI got there.

ever since ai left the sixers i just havent been right with pulling for the nuggets ... now i have something to look forward to besides the cowboys amkingtheir super bowl run ... .. ......

If I'm Denver.

And McDyess doesn't report or basically says he isn't gonna play for them.

Before this becomes official

I'm canceling the deal.
This still doesn't make Denver a playoff team...
You really believe that?

What's Billups contract look like? I'm kind of iffy on this one. On one hand you get AI, and that's all fine and dandy but he may leave after thisyr. You may like that and have Stuckey take over as starting point, but Sheeds contract is up as well after this season, and what if they don't get himback??

As for Denver, hope to God that JR starts knocking them down, because they'll need all the points they can get.

I heard about this deal yesterday but thought it was just rumors.

I can see us going to a 3 guard lineup sometimes in the east. I wish this deal could have been done back in 01 when we first wanted to pull the trigger but ehhwe will see how this works out. Sad to see chauncy go but hell we are good in the backcourt anyway now.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

What's Billups contract look like? I'm kind of iffy on this one. On one hand you get AI, and that's all fine and dandy but he may leave after this yr. You may like that and have Stuckey take over as starting point, but Sheeds contract is up as well after this season, and what if they don't get him back??
Win now or reload, maybe? Getting out from Chauncey's contract gotta have Dumars smiling ear-to-ear... $14 mil for the next three years for aguy on the decline?

About the only thing I like about this for Denver is it finally makes Melo the guy again... No more wondering who's Batman and who's Robin...
You really believe that?

Doesn't change the fact they can't defend ANYONE, and I'm not sold on J.R. Smith stepping in and consistently filling a huge void inpoints production...

I heard about this deal yesterday but thought it was just rumors.

I dont see how this is beneficial for Stuckey.

Stuckey will get more minutes just for the fact that, Billups was a top 5 defensive PG. Iverson doesnt guard nobody. Stuckey is in the exact mold of Billupsdefensively, more youthful/athletic version (dude is what, 6'4). So you know your gonna see Iverson, Stuckey, and Rip/Tay in during the course of games...

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Originally Posted by allen3xis

So we get a lot of Pistons bandwagon's fan now, right? The ones that got lost in Denver recently..

AI fans travel well.
you damn right!!! Newport News aint got too many heros.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Pistons 2008-09 World Champs!!!

I use to be SICK watchin the Nuggs loose all the time
now i can watch the Pistons win. or loose

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

This still doesn't make Denver a playoff team... And they've gotta pick up that hefty contract Dumars just gave Chauncey...

For a team that's been strapped for cash and this not being a move that puts them into any type of serious discussion out West, I don't get it...

So in your opinion is this a lateral movement or a step back??

i think this will give rip some time to rest ... i watched dude play the wizards the othe rnight and jesus all he does is run thats the whole pistons offense... ai is the man god damn im hype

I like it. Gives us that top notch scorer, and what defense is gonna like chasing AI and Rip around all day? Also, I see Tayshaun doing some Point Forwardstuff, Odom style.

As a Cavs fan I love this deal.

Get rid of Cavalier killers McDyess and Billups from the division.

A.I. can be handled.

But WHY NOT DO THIS IN CAMP?

At least give the players time to get familiar with the program
eyes.gif

**waits for the influx of pistons fans...**
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom