Its Tax Return Time!!! Vol. What You Gettin With Your Check!

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

o yall didnt know? every stimulus check has to be paid back ... people thought that money was free? LOLOLOLOL it was just an advance
Most actually did
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

o yall didnt know? every stimulus check has to be paid back ... people thought that money was free? LOLOLOLOL it was just an advance
Most actually did
tired.gif
i figured that i might have to pay taxes or a little back.. but damn....

either vossen vvs 082 or vvs 083 for the whip, and then whatevers left over will go to clearing my credit card bill if i havent cleaned it out by then if ihave then i will try to get big brakes or corvette brakes on the malibu to finish the look with the rims.
pimp.gif

That's incorrect. I am basing this from the Federal tax update seminar I attended last month and Lacerte, our tax software here at my firm.

If I input the amount the client receives, no where on the 1040 do I see the taxpayer has to pay back the stimulus nor reduces their refund.

Back in 2002, the tax rates were lowered to justify the stimulus pymt. The tax rates hasn't changed for 2008 so it's starting to look like the Govtgave everyone a free check.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

That's incorrect. I am basing this from the Federal tax update seminar I attended last month and Lacerte, our tax software here at my firm.

If I input the amount the client receives, no where on the 1040 do I see the taxpayer has to pay back the stimulus nor reduces their refund.

Back in 2002, the tax rates were lowered to justify the stimulus pymt. The tax rates hasn't changed for 2008 so it's starting to look like the Govt gave everyone a free check.
have you began processing returns yet? i work at a bank and our manager said he will be chuckling when he has to explain to all the people whytheir return isnt as big as it usually is (he processes tax returns on the side) ... when i first heard about the stimulus, the documentation i read alwaysindicated that this was an advance of future returns on taxes ... i dont know how it will be implemented, whether through a higher tax rate or a specific lineon the form, but everyone i talk to with experience says the same thing ...

its hard to believe the stimulus of 2008 was started in 2002 ... that would mean Bush and his economic advisors actually predicted a down turn in the economyand planned ahead ... HIGHLY unlikely

Originally Posted by oo206oo

My pops claimed me while i was in college, had my own apartment (Both of which i paid for myself) and a full time job.

Cot damn i was heated at the time. He pulled the same move on my sister too.
sounds too familiar
grin.gif

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Back in 2002, the tax rates were lowered to justify the stimulus pymt. The tax rates hasn't changed for 2008 so it's starting to look like the Govt gave everyone a free check.
have you began processing returns yet? i work at a bank and our manager said he will be chuckling when he has to explain to all the people why their return isnt as big as it usually is (he processes tax returns on the side) ... when i first heard about the stimulus, the documentation i read always indicated that this was an advance of future returns on taxes ... i dont know how it will be implemented, whether through a higher tax rate or a specific line on the form, but everyone i talk to with experience says the same thing ...

its hard to believe the stimulus of 2008 was started in 2002 ... that would mean Bush and his economic advisors actually predicted a down turn in the economy and planned ahead ... HIGHLY unlikely
That's exactly how I read it and I even posted a link to a story about it that confirms that it was indeed an advance. There is NO free moneyfor the government.

The rebate will not effect your 2008 federal tax liability or refund. The law says the IRS can't recover any extra rebate payment by reducing your 2008refund or adding to your 2008 tax bill.

The "rebate" is an advance credit against your 2008 tax return (which will be filed in 2009). However, it is calculated based on the amounts shown onyour 2007 return. When you file your 2008 return, the IRS will recalculate your "rebate" based on the 2008 amounts. If this results in a larger"rebate", you will receive a check for the difference. If this results in a smaller rebate, you will not have to repay the difference.

The "rebate" will not increase or decrease any tax refund to which you are entitled. It is an additional refund.

Originally Posted by piczon1983

Originally Posted by FR3SH like UgHH

yo anyone know the cheapest place to get taxes done ?

or any quick ways to learn & do on your own?
My boy did his with TurboTax software. He said It was easy and got his check quick with it. The software is probably gonna be cheaper than having places like jackson Hewitt/HR Block do them.

i HAVE to look into that, cus you're like the 10th person i've seen recommend that %!$.

I have no idea

My 1st thought was to buy a Ps3, but I dunno now.

When the time comes, i'lll know

^^^ Either your employer will hand it out to you, or it will get mailed.

As for me, going straight to the bank...

Originally Posted by krnxdanie1

Im 17 and i worked at my current job for like 6 months should i be receiving a form too?

help me out thanks!
If you've worked then you have to receive a W2 and they all have to be postmarked by January 31st.

Gotta pay property taxes
mad.gif
but I'll be getting more back and will saveit for a rainy day. You never know with this economy...

BTW- Turbo Tax is the way to go. Easy to use and its very accurate.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

Nothing. Being "responsible" this year is my new resolution. No sneakers for about 3 or 4 months. Just going to use it to get rid of my bills and put some in my savings for my future flat screen TV.
Word. I'm actually going to do JUST that, too.

Back
Top Bottom