issues in the white community...

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by ImReallyDirkNowitzki

I guess he's had enough of the race threads.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
 reminds me when yuku was quadruple posting and S!!!
dude had like 3 full pages straight of double posting. 

also this was posted on Fb... i simply responded whites have "white privilege"  i was ignored but o well....

224925_421516667871368_1617367633_n.jpg

This really made me laugh

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by MonStar1

laugh.gif
roll.gif
 reminds me when yuku was quadruple posting and S!!!
dude had like 3 full pages straight of double posting. 

also this was posted on Fb... i simply responded whites have "white privilege"  i was ignored but o well....

224925_421516667871368_1617367633_n.jpg

This really made me laugh
it is pretty stupid
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PoloLax

Do working class/lower class/impoverished whites have "white privledge"?

Yes they do, because at the end of the day like I said earlier they still have the "complexion for the protection"  They might not have it on a grand scale like whites from an upper class family might have but they still have it.

Does a working class/lower class/impoverished white family experience the same hardships as a working class/lower class/impoverished black family?

Most likely not, but give an example or something specific so I can compare.

Stop putting marshmallows in fruit salad. I dont care if abraham Lincoln started that *+$....STOP.

Originally Posted by Bandit Country

That's obviously an idiotic thing to say. St Patricks Day isn't anti anything.

Thats a religious holidayBut this thread is comPletely pointless, white people don't care about race relations at all, they're the majority, besides attacking a race is never a good idea when addressing issues

What does this thread even mean?  Everyone knows white people don't have any problems.  On that note, how many of you white people are going to your local white person night this Saturday.  I hear we all are getting a free lambo- just for being white. 
pimp.gif
   Watch out minorities, not only are we going to spend every second of our waking hours trying to think of new ways to oppress you; now we'll be cutting you off with a Nero Noctus Gallardo!

our biggest problem is the carpal tunnel we get from signing everyone's paycheck.
and i have no soy milk in my fridge.  time to go to whole foods.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

What does this thread even mean?  Everyone knows white people don't have any problems.  On that note, how many of you white people are going to your local white person night this Saturday.  I hear we all are getting a free lambo- just for being white. 
pimp.gif
   Watch out minorities, not only are we going to spend every second of our waking hours trying to think of new ways to oppress you; now we'll be cutting you off with a Nero Noctus Gallardo!

I'll crash into you with my hellaflush Evo.

Glad to see the last few posts are more light hearted. I was reading parts of this thread and started to feel like it was Ghostbusters 2. With the negative vibe slime and all. Everyone is getting at each other's throats for nothing. Sadness.

whoever said race threads do nothing for NT on the 1st page deserves a #Salute. there's issues in all races, and white folks are not the exception. believe it or not, there are. they may be the majority, but it doesn't mean that 'white privilege' is as prevalent as it used to be. minorities are slowly gaining the representation they deserve to compete with the white population, which is a good thing. but again, it doesn't mean that white folks don't have problems.

Originally Posted by Sellout

Why is it that almost any race can show pride in their ethnicity and they are culturally empowered, but when a "white" person show's pride in their race they are considered racist?
Because white people, historically, have never been judged because of their race...in many cases they have capitalized because of their race.

Black people need to show a little more pride in their culture, community, and race because we have actually gone through historical struggles and equality imbalances and we are still on the "come-up."
It's sad to say but white people (generally) are on a higher level than other races. Showing pride for them is almost like "bragging."

unfortunately there is a negative connotation with "White pride". 
I'm not white, but when someone says "white pride" i automatically think of KKK, 

and all the controversial aspects that come along with it. 

it's just the way the cards are dealt in society. 

My personal opinion...i don't really agree with people being too proud of their own ethnicity.

Ego and conflicts only come out of it. 

Even people of my ethnicity. I would rather people be proud of all ethnicities. 

only 1 race, the human race, holla if you hear me! 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Truballa101

Why is it that almost any race can show pride in their ethnicity and they are culturally empowered, but when a "white" person show's pride in their race they are considered racist?
Because white people, historically, have never been judged because of their race...in many cases they have capitalized because of their race.

Black people need to show a little more pride in their culture, community, and race because we have actually gone through historical struggles and equality imbalances and we are still on the "come-up."
It's sad to say but white people (generally) are on a higher level than other races. Showing pride for them is almost like "bragging."
You can't be serious...

ethnicity and race are not the same. 

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Originally Posted by Truballa101

You can't be serious...
When he says "higher level" I think he means they're ahead of the rest, which they are because the rest are the minorities.

Yall take the "well you can trace your family history back generations" argument too seriously. Like who cares? I went back and looked at mine one time. Dont act like its a big deal. Unless they are part of my family alive right now, I couldnt care less about my ancestors from Germany.....

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Originally Posted by Bandit Country

^That doesn't address white ethnic social clubs.
I have no idea what that is, but unless it encompasses the vast majority of white people in America, I don't see it making a difference.

So why do you feel compelled to speak on a topic of which you're admittedly ignorant?

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Yall take the "well you can trace your family history back generations" argument too seriously. Like who cares? I went back and looked at mine one time. Dont act like its a big deal. Unless they are part of my family alive right now, I couldnt care less about my ancestors from Germany.....

This is a classic example of "white privilege", and how it is taken for granted or even purposely overlooked by white people.  At the end of the day Trelvis Tha Thrilla, you and the rest of your white brethren CAN go back and trace your family history if you wanted to, whether you want to or not is one thing but again just to reiterate the point, YOU CAN trace your family history even back to your ancestors in Germany.  Black people can't.  Many of us wish we had the luxury but we simply don't, where as you and others like you can, but you just shrug it off like it's nothing.  Like "eh, no big deal". 

That in of itself is "white privilege", having the advantage, opportunity, or the excess of something and just knowing that it's right there for you at your disposal as a white person.  Some white folks such as you and others in here take white privilege for granted so much that you have a nonchalant attitude towards it such to the manner that you displayed in your post above.  Now with that being said I don't think anybody is mad at you and others for having white privilege or for being white for that matter.  You are what you are.  With that being said, you and the rest of your colleagues are going to have to do a better job of getting more in tune with society and the effects that different races have with or against each other.  Take these lessons that are being taught to you and spread that insight and knowledge onto your counterparts so that we ALL can get along better and learn from each other.    

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

pimp.gif

I'll crash into you with my hellaflush Evo.

Nah, we both know you won't.  I'm white!  I'd  say "I'm white, bro!"  But let's be honest, I'm white... you'll never be my bro!  I'll just use my whiteness to get the cops to pull you over and beat you- that's what cops do to minorities right?  And I'll speed on down the freeway drunk without repercussions ... ... ... you know, cause I'm white and all.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

This is a classic example of "white privilege", and how it is taken for granted or even purposely overlooked by white people.  At the end of the day Trelvis Tha Thrilla, you and the rest of your white brethren CAN go back and trace your family history if you wanted to, whether you want to or not is one thing but again just to reiterate the point, YOU CAN trace your family history even back to your ancestors in Germany.  Black people can't.  Many of us wish we had the luxury but we simply don't, where as you and others like you can, but you just shrug it off like it's nothing.  Like "eh, no big deal". 

That in of itself is "white privilege", having the advantage, opportunity, or the excess of something and just knowing that it's right there for you at your disposal as a white person.  Some white folks such as you and others in here take white privilege for granted so much that you have a nonchalant attitude towards it such to the manner that you displayed in your post above.  Now with that being said I don't think anybody is mad at you and others for having white privilege or for being white for that matter.  You are what you are.  With that being said, you and the rest of your colleagues are going to have to do a better job of getting more in tune with society and the effects that different races have with or against each other.  Take these lessons that are being taught to you and spread that insight and knowledge onto your counterparts so that we ALL can get along better and learn from each other.    

Uhhh, how about black people in Africa, whose families are native to Africa and never came over to our hemisphere as slaves?  Are you saying they can't trace their history either, simply because of the color of their skin?

Believe it or not fam, there are black people in this world other than African Americans.  Don't pigeonhole an entire race to fit your agenda.  I'm willing to bet that a majority of black Africans don't have the same mindset that you do.

Back
Top Bottom