Is your city being overun by a onslaught of Vans?

vans been around forever. what's next, ppl bring up converse all-stars?
then again, i'm cali

vans like nike cortez and chucks have been a staple in CA since the dawn of time idk about NY maybe timbs are da equivalent

Vans been in my rotation for awhile now, wish they would go hard with the half cabs like they used to. It's really just old skools and sk8 hi's getting a extra push right now, authentics been a staple.

tenor (4).gif

I dunno my oreo sampling friend

ya'll america's dad hat.

jk canada is cool

i could never wear authentics cause they were too narrow, was quite partial to half cabs tho.

Vans always been out here in Cali
Converse Chucks used to be hot out here in Cali too...but I don't see much people wear them anymore

I was always a Nike and Jordan head though

Vans look like socks to me. Never got into Chucks or Vans. Chucks is more of a SoCal thing and Vans were for skaters growing up in NorCal so they were never in my radar. I'm into a good cushioning system and neither look really supportive.

Vans always been a west coast thing until The Pack dropped that song. Then it started to pop on the east coast for a few years but now you see them everywhere, everyone wearing them. They got some dope colors now too but I'll never wear them. Just not me.

Yeah I mentioned this in another thread, but I started seeing mad youngins with them in NYC and was surprised because I know Vans was a Cali thing.

I equate Vans to Cali like I equate Timbs to NY, I have and wear both because they're both dope. It's like music to me, I'm from Texas, but if the music is good I'll listen to it regardless of where the artist or the sound originates. Dope is dope in the eye of the beholder. When I'm home on leave and I run into some of the people I grew up with they make their little jokes, but as you get older your taste evolves, at least it should and me, I'm just a product of my taste evolving, although as old as I am I have never owned/wore a pair of Chucks, I just never rocked with them like that.

Thought this thread was gonna be a bunch of hate on Vans, glad it's not.

Gonna reiterate what everyone else has already said; they've always been popular with skate/punk/artsy kids but have seen a spike in popularity in the last 2 years or so. They're more comfortable than given credit for and go with literally everything. Look good on any and everyone and are reasonably priced. All wins.

I stay with a bunch of pairs in rotation and if I had to rock nothing but Vans and/or Converse One Star's or Chucks the rest of my life, I'd be happy.

I'm sorry man but comfort > *

I stay with my air maxes or foams, but might give a pair of Van's a try.

Gonna reiterate what everyone else has already said; they've always been popular with skate/punk/artsy kids but have seen a spike in popularity in the last 2 years or so. They're more comfortable than given credit for and go with literally everything. Look good on any and everyone and are reasonably priced. All wins.
Pretty much this. I have been wearing vans since i started skating (in the mid 90s), and im in the northeast. They always had somewhat of a following in my area, i feel like i always saw more females wearing them than males though.

vans been around forever. what's next, ppl bring up converse all-stars?
then again, i'm cali

so imagine if your hood was overrun seemingly overnight by Foamposites, nike ACG's, timbs, and force I's, you'd get a lil startled :lol:

Back
Top Bottom