Is your city being overun by a onslaught of Vans?

Vans always been very common around here. Probably one of the most common shoes I see out here.

this
i stay with an all black pair of them regular low ones with the show laces
don't know what they're called
nice for like semi formal stuff
when i don't wanna wear dress shoes

Yeah, they are more versatile than Chucks. I usually just wear all black hi tops.

lol that's what I mean.. latinos and black people weren't really rocking with Vans before then. I remember the first cat who walked into school with a pair of checkered slip ons freshman year of HS.. pro club and some 501's. :lol:

IDK how old you are. I'm 24, and in HS everyone was wearing normal ****. T-shirt, jeans and all that. The hot shoe at the time was Nike Blazers. Then the Jerkin movement came out and that's when all the different stuff we see now popped. Fitted clothes, different shoes like Vans and all that.

Haven't worn vans in almost 6-7 years, but they are really popular with the frat boys out here

Glad I'm not the only one noticing this. Even the hood thots are wearing vans. Was in Marcy Ps the other day, group of chicks wearing em. Not that I care, but I can't see the high trend in these. But then again Brooklyn has changed.

i was doing da math, @ 60 bucks a clip, guess these da most decent thing going.

walking on these these though is like walking barefoot in da worst way :lol:

Not necessarily true. Depends on the pair. I bought me a pair of Doc Martins for work, and the Vans I have are 10X more comfortable

I honestly thought this thread was about vehicles
Same :lol:

I wear vans though. They're simple and timeless and cheap. I also skate so I have a few pairs that have become beat

If I could only have 3 pairs of shoes I could wear for the rest of my life they would be a pair of vans authentics in navy, white af1 low, and some type of nike runner (cant decide).

Vans are cheap

I've always seen people with them, like shell toes and chucks.

They do seem to be more popular now though

I've been wondering if it's because of

Ima big/fat dude, and when i try vans on they just dont look right on me.

Sucks cause vans have decent designs that i like, and like its been said-theyre affordable as well

Not necessarily true. Depends on the pair. I bought me a pair of Doc Martins for work, and the Vans I have are 10X more comfortable

i was doing da math, @ 60 bucks a clip, guess these da most decent thing going.

walking on these these though is like walking barefoot in da worst way :lol:

For authentics you definitely need insoles, I don't see how anyone does it otherwise.

I wear authentics all the time with no comfort issues. My feet have gotten used to them.

Yeah, they are more versatile than Chucks. I usually just wear all black hi tops.

IDK how old you are. I'm 24, and in HS everyone was wearing normal ****. T-shirt, jeans and all that. The hot shoe at the time was Nike Blazers. Then the Jerkin movement came out and that's when all the different stuff we see now popped. Fitted clothes, different shoes like Vans and all that.

im 26 fam soon to be 27. the smaller tee's started around 05/06 in the LA/LB area, at least.. then the jerk movement came a couple years later.. by the time jerking came around cats had been rocking vans but they was rocking skin tight jeans now..

I remember when Vans and American Eagle, Hollister & Aeropostale hit the hood in 06/07 :smh:. Cargo pants, wallet chain...Aero hoodie and a Scully rolled up |l.

But yeah. Vans been "back" now for the last 2 years. Supreme and FOG collabs helped. Also making better qualities. Also, PacSun resurgance has Vans popping again in my demo.

Baltimore was rocking vans?

Baltimore was rocking vans?
Yea I can confirm Vans was poppin back in the " rockstar/ skateboard days" :lol: ...nothin like seeing some bootcut jeans laying over a pair of vans with a wallet chain hanging :lol:

They been back round here for a couple years now but only with the teenagers, they be doing big numbers with the back to school sales ...my barber was just talking bout how many pairs he had to grab for his daughters last week

vans a Cali thing so errbody wear em out here.

vans authentics my favorite.

I hope this rise in popularity leads to some nice half cab and sk8 hi color ways.

It's the skate/punk influence in fashion nowadays that these are so popular. People started seeing them being worn then more masses came for them as they saw a simple clean black shoe with white accents. They simply go with anything. Very versatile. I copped a pair of sk8 hi's over the winter that were made of waterproof material, insulation lining and some grippy soles. They are doing some nice things with them

Last edited:
I'm seeing them more in NY, but I can't do Vans at all. They're not really stylish. More of a shoe just to throw on.

Back
Top Bottom