Is what we see and hear exactly what is going on in reality?

I honestly think this is the reason people in the world abuse drugs. For the increase in brain activity and tapping into that other side. But out culture doesn't even accept the other side existing as a real place. They'd  leave it in a vague story mode. 

When you look at how much effort other cultures took to prepare for the after life compared to how little we even discuss it tips the scale not in our favor.  When you look at the shamans of tribes they were the people of the village/ tribe/ group of people that would practice, navigate and chart that unseen realm. They just weren't getting high like majority of people nowadays. They did it with prefect intent of where they would end up and how to get back and guide others as well. 

All drugs do is trigger the brain to release what's already in there. So my thing really is this; all that dimension higher realm stuff exist. It's just whether your consciousness is amplified enough to experience life in certain frequencies above the base plane we use as our reference point. 

I know some people I talk to in depth about this kind of stuff always tell me about the point in their life when they used to dream or remember their dreams and then they "grew up in the world" and don't dream or are not able to recall their dreams. I think it's only a matter of focus. Like if you're solely focused on everything that goes on in your waking stage, you can trick the brain to only revolve around that. But science and bodily functions prove that what we perceive and act on is less than 1%. 

adderall-brain1.jpg

The problem with stuff like adderall or "speed" is that you are jacking your brain up to focus on stuff that's really not that crucial to health. Just purely physical things that could easily be processed if we weren't so crammed with new information to process daily. The way our society is set up now, we are on information overload. Think about all the images you see on a daily basis and the messages they were designed to convey. Whether you realize it or not, as soon as your eye eats that image (your eyes are mouth's. same shape blinking is chewing/talking) it is processing it, interpreting and developing a thought form based on it stored on your hard drive. it wasn't necessary to add that to your brain RAM and now it's another possible option to think about in daily decision making. But sadly the only reason that stuff was placed in your eye was for commercial reasons. Waste of brain activity to me...It's like having a surgery that allows you to eat more junk food. 

I honestly think this is the reason people in the world abuse drugs. For the increase in brain activity and tapping into that other side. But out culture doesn't even accept the other side existing as a real place. They'd  leave it in a vague story mode. 

When you look at how much effort other cultures took to prepare for the after life compared to how little we even discuss it tips the scale not in our favor.  When you look at the shamans of tribes they were the people of the village/ tribe/ group of people that would practice, navigate and chart that unseen realm. They just weren't getting high like majority of people nowadays. They did it with prefect intent of where they would end up and how to get back and guide others as well. 

All drugs do is trigger the brain to release what's already in there. So my thing really is this; all that dimension higher realm stuff exist. It's just whether your consciousness is amplified enough to experience life in certain frequencies above the base plane we use as our reference point. 

I know some people I talk to in depth about this kind of stuff always tell me about the point in their life when they used to dream or remember their dreams and then they "grew up in the world" and don't dream or are not able to recall their dreams. I think it's only a matter of focus. Like if you're solely focused on everything that goes on in your waking stage, you can trick the brain to only revolve around that. But science and bodily functions prove that what we perceive and act on is less than 1%. 

adderall-brain1.jpg

The problem with stuff like adderall or "speed" is that you are jacking your brain up to focus on stuff that's really not that crucial to health. Just purely physical things that could easily be processed if we weren't so crammed with new information to process daily. The way our society is set up now, we are on information overload. Think about all the images you see on a daily basis and the messages they were designed to convey. Whether you realize it or not, as soon as your eye eats that image (your eyes are mouth's. same shape blinking is chewing/talking) it is processing it, interpreting and developing a thought form based on it stored on your hard drive. it wasn't necessary to add that to your brain RAM and now it's another possible option to think about in daily decision making. But sadly the only reason that stuff was placed in your eye was for commercial reasons. Waste of brain activity to me...It's like having a surgery that allows you to eat more junk food. 

Originally Posted by Wr

Very interesting pov.

Originally Posted by Wr

Very interesting pov.

I just remembered something about why us tokers sometimes get feelings of "life getting real too fast"

Depersonalization disorder (DPD) is a dissociative disorder in which the sufferer is affected by persistent or recurrent feelings of depersonalization and/or derealization. Diagnostic criteria include persistent or recurrent experiences of feeling detached from one's mental processes or body.[1] The symptoms include a sense of automation, going through the motions of life but not experiencing it, feeling as though one is in a movie, feeling as though one is in a dream, feeling a disconnection from one's body; out-of-body experience, a detachment from one's body, environment and difficulty relating oneself to reality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization_disorder

pimp.gif
sometimes does this thats why I stress understanding how to control your emotions/you high. If %%+! gets too real then your paying too much attention in introspective learning...these things take time so instead of immersing yourself in the "unknown known" go put on a funny +%# show, or read a good book, or listen to some great music.

I just remembered something about why us tokers sometimes get feelings of "life getting real too fast"

Depersonalization disorder (DPD) is a dissociative disorder in which the sufferer is affected by persistent or recurrent feelings of depersonalization and/or derealization. Diagnostic criteria include persistent or recurrent experiences of feeling detached from one's mental processes or body.[1] The symptoms include a sense of automation, going through the motions of life but not experiencing it, feeling as though one is in a movie, feeling as though one is in a dream, feeling a disconnection from one's body; out-of-body experience, a detachment from one's body, environment and difficulty relating oneself to reality.

pimp.gif
sometimes does this thats why I stress understanding how to control your emotions/you high. If %%+! gets too real then your paying too much attention in introspective learning...these things take time so instead of immersing yourself in the "unknown known" go put on a funny +%# show, or read a good book, or listen to some great music.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

pimp.gif
great post. It's really about remembering who you are and that you're in control no matter what.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

pimp.gif
great post. It's really about remembering who you are and that you're in control no matter what.

Wr wrote:
It's really about remembering who you are and that you're in control no matter what.
I understand your in control, but how do you know who you really are?

Wr wrote:
It's really about remembering who you are and that you're in control no matter what.
I understand your in control, but how do you know who you really are?

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Grimlock, how long have you been 
pimp.gif
?
Not super long, but long enough to know how to handle it.  I actually had a slight dissociative night last night...I knew I couldn't run away from it so I went in as much as I could to try and uncover/discover something.  It's that type of experience that is outside of subjective rating...how can we say something is "bad" if we never experienced it before.  It's that "unknown known" I was speaking on before...it's the uncovering of these small details that we pay no mind to but in fact make up what we are beneath everything else.
I actually woke up sleeping on my couch this morning from that and had to lurch into bed
laugh.gif

Speaking on knowing who you really are...I believe their is a center of core qualities that are unique to each individual, and that in times of stress, happiness they surface.  Knowing who you are isn't something you find when your looking for it just like the ancient proverb "if you seek it, you will not find it"...atleast from my perspective this is one of those old saying that has some merit behind it and isn't just some run of the mill motivational quote.  If you look at all the times that you were so busy living in the moment that you forgot what you were searching for...these moments show you who you are.

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Grimlock, how long have you been 
pimp.gif
?
Not super long, but long enough to know how to handle it.  I actually had a slight dissociative night last night...I knew I couldn't run away from it so I went in as much as I could to try and uncover/discover something.  It's that type of experience that is outside of subjective rating...how can we say something is "bad" if we never experienced it before.  It's that "unknown known" I was speaking on before...it's the uncovering of these small details that we pay no mind to but in fact make up what we are beneath everything else.
I actually woke up sleeping on my couch this morning from that and had to lurch into bed
laugh.gif

Speaking on knowing who you really are...I believe their is a center of core qualities that are unique to each individual, and that in times of stress, happiness they surface.  Knowing who you are isn't something you find when your looking for it just like the ancient proverb "if you seek it, you will not find it"...atleast from my perspective this is one of those old saying that has some merit behind it and isn't just some run of the mill motivational quote.  If you look at all the times that you were so busy living in the moment that you forgot what you were searching for...these moments show you who you are.

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. - Einstein

*albert einstein often forgot how to tie his shoes

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. - Einstein

*albert einstein often forgot how to tie his shoes

Originally Posted by Wr

adderall-brain1.jpg

mind = blown.

Cosign on the "focus" thing. We, as humans, can train our minds to do amazing things (calculations at blazing fast speeds, entire city layouts, etc.) It's just a matter of how much time we spend doing these things and attempting to learn them.

Sometimes I'm like
eek.gif
because I realize how much people think of computers as incredible machines, capable of doing things that humans could never do...when in reality, at the heart of computers, most languages attempt to model real life. (Computer science majors who have taken any form of C/Java know.)

Back
Top Bottom