Is what we see and hear exactly what is going on in reality?

they are only 2 aspects along with your other five senses...there are things inbetween that we really don't focus on because if we did we probably would be so overcome by all of the small details we don't pay mind too.

if you take a cue from your avy you've probably understood this concept of the "smaller details"

they are only 2 aspects along with your other five senses...there are things inbetween that we really don't focus on because if we did we probably would be so overcome by all of the small details we don't pay mind too.

if you take a cue from your avy you've probably understood this concept of the "smaller details"

Of course not, our perceptions - while true to us - aren't concrete. Take color for example. We see a white flower, but bees see in UV light so that flower is blue/green.

Of course not, our perceptions - while true to us - aren't concrete. Take color for example. We see a white flower, but bees see in UV light so that flower is blue/green.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Yea, I was just curious on what other people had to say.
Nice avy. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Yea, I was just curious on what other people had to say.
Nice avy. 
pimp.gif

I had to stop smoking bud for this reason, I paid so much attention to life in an abstract state of mind, basically my mind was taking over my body. Things got too real too fast. Now I am just chilling in a sense, living (well trying to) as a whole individual as opposed to the standards set by the people surrounding me.

I had to stop smoking bud for this reason, I paid so much attention to life in an abstract state of mind, basically my mind was taking over my body. Things got too real too fast. Now I am just chilling in a sense, living (well trying to) as a whole individual as opposed to the standards set by the people surrounding me.

Short answer-yes and no. Your body deals with perception in a variety of ways. The body develops natural heuristics that may create what seems as reality, but in fact can be something else. At other times, what you see an hear is in fact what you are looking at and listening to. Take a perception course in college, it's interesting stuff how we make sense of the world.

Short answer-yes and no. Your body deals with perception in a variety of ways. The body develops natural heuristics that may create what seems as reality, but in fact can be something else. At other times, what you see an hear is in fact what you are looking at and listening to. Take a perception course in college, it's interesting stuff how we make sense of the world.

Originally Posted by BlackSheep08

I had to stop smoking bud for this reason, I paid so much attention to life in an abstract state of mind, basically my mind was taking over my body. Things got too real too fast. 
Dam I feel like this after
pimp.gif
 sometimes.

"Weed makes you notice !##$ you aint suppose to notice." -Katt Williams

Originally Posted by BlackSheep08

I had to stop smoking bud for this reason, I paid so much attention to life in an abstract state of mind, basically my mind was taking over my body. Things got too real too fast. 
Dam I feel like this after
pimp.gif
 sometimes.

"Weed makes you notice !##$ you aint suppose to notice." -Katt Williams

Occasionally I wonder if I'm actually schizophrenic and EVERY aspect of my life is a figment of my imagination. Pretty crazy if you think about it.

Occasionally I wonder if I'm actually schizophrenic and EVERY aspect of my life is a figment of my imagination. Pretty crazy if you think about it.

Originally Posted by jordan231025

Word. sometimes I look at people's avy or a gif and I hear sound.

Back
Top Bottom