is snoop dogg an a-list celebrity?

Class A celebrity: snoop dog. Globally famous

Class B celebrity: Murray Abraham. Legendary but not famous.

Class C celebrity: Kim kardashian. Short term fame. 15 mins of fame will expire in a couple years. Not known around the world.

Remember doggy fizzle televizzle?
roll.gif
roll.gif
show was hilarious

dude cooked with martha stewart :lol: doesnt get more crossover than that. i dont even know why this is up for debate :smh:

yes he is, he is hip hops biggest sell out after all, the guys a caricature.
Most successful. Hip Hop is filled with sell outs. Very few have made as much money as Snoop doing his thing though.
Snoop is the most recognizable rapper among all demographics
camron nope gif.
Please state who is then. Maybe you don't know what the word "all" or "demographic" means. Hope you don't think it's camel face.

I think he's B list at this point. He definitely was A list but now he's performing at fairs in central California. His brand is deluded. I'm not trying to take anything away from what he has accomplished, and I think he is an icon however I don't he has the impact he had during the mid 90's to early 2000's.

Most successful. Hip Hop is filled with sell outs. Very few have made as much money as Snoop doing his thing though.
camron nope gif.
Please state who is then. Maybe you don't know what the word "all" or "demographic" means. Hope you don't think it's camel face.
Its not hard to see why few have made as much money, the guy ****** himself out to bidders, killed his legacy and brand. Songs with Big Time Rush? He'd blood walk and scream Soo Woo if you gave him bread for it.

He and 50 Cent were the first to come to mind yes. But seriously JAY-Z is way more recognizable than Snoop Dogg. For one thing hes still doing international tours, is bigger than him in the states, has his name attached to bigger brands than Snoop does, and the association with Beyonce Knowles pushes it over the top.

All demographics? I dont see where Snoop would have the edge. I'm going to try and keep it simple and only do this by age, cause too many other factors can come into play and age is probably the most reliable one. When it comes to little kids, which rapper is more recognizable? The one thats still rapping at a high level and who people want to hear? Or the guy who couldnt put out an album and move 100k in a week at this point? Teenage and young adult demographic is even. We all know who they both are because we grew up in that era so. The older generation is the only place where you could make a case for Snoop being more known, and IMO its still up in the air, but as those people are old, they will soon pass on and then what? The younger crowd becomes the older crowd and JAY-Z is more known than Snoop there.

He is definitely an A list celebrity but most recognizable rapper? I disagree.

Last edited:
All I know is...dude feel off after 94 and had one of the quickest declines ever in terms of lyrical skill, delivery and all of intangibles that makes up a good to great MC.

Celebrity...well Kim K is a celebrity.

Never understood how he could drop doggystlye and then pure crap ( compared to doggystlye which is a classic...

Sad to know you were once a-list on nt now alot of these dudes don't know you... Smh...

camron nope gif.
Its not hard to see why few have made as much money, the guy ****** himself out to bidders, killed his legacy and brand. Songs with Big Time Rush? He'd blood walk and scream Soo Woo if you gave him bread for it.

He and 50 Cent were the first to come to mind yes. But seriously JAY-Z is way more recognizable than Snoop Dogg. For one thing hes still doing international tours, is bigger than him in the states, has his name attached to bigger brands than Snoop does, and the association with Beyonce Knowles pushes it over the top.

All demographics? I dont see where Snoop would have the edge. I'm going to try and keep it simple and only do this by age, cause too many other factors can come into play and age is probably the most reliable one. When it comes to little kids, which rapper is more recognizable? The one thats still rapping at a high level and who people want to hear? Or the guy who couldnt put out an album and move 100k in a week at this point? Teenage and young adult demographic is even. We all know who they both are because we grew up in that era so. The older generation is the only place where you could make a case for Snoop being more known, and IMO its still up in the air, but as those people are old, they will soon pass on and then what? The younger crowd becomes the older crowd and JAY-Z is more known than Snoop there.

He is definitely an A list celebrity but most recognizable rapper? I disagree.

Snoop is definitely more recognizable... You show people a pic of snoop and a pic of jay-z
More people will know snoop than jay-z...

Antidope
Have you ever traveled outside of the US? Snoop is much more popular than Jay Z.

Ja Rule is very very well known internationally but he's not an A-list celebrity :lol:

Last edited:
Snoop Dogg is definitely an a list celeb :lol:

Although he hasn't had much come out lately, this shouldn't even be a debate

Back
Top Bottom