Is Randy Moss just the wrong dude to be gettin love on the Patriots?

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

What people aren't understanding is the fact that he is a WR. I don't care how good you are there is to things a WR has to have
1. A qb that can get him the ball.
2. An offensive line to allow the qb the time to get him the ball.
The only time you don't need both is if yor qb is mobile.
I could see if he was RB and everyone was like. he wasn't running hard enough when he had the ball, that would be a probllem.
But Moss could have ran every route full speed and it wouldn't have matterd because he didn't have both of the 2 things I named above.
What were the other WR stats?
Wasn't Porter asking to be traded?

Porter did ask to be traded because of conflicts with Art Shell, but at least he ran his routes.
So many times when Moss was on the Raiders the ball would be thrown in his area and he wouldn't even jump for it,
he jogged half of his damn routes on the Raiders that year. I have watched every single Raiders game for the past 7 years,
and I was never more frustrated than that season.
mad.gif
Why should he have to jump for the ball? Why couldn't Brooks put it there like Tom does? And you watched every game. So how was the O-line? How much time was brooks getting? Honestly now don't answer as a Moss hater.
Wait a second, Wrs don't jump for balls anymore. Where I have been for 50 years,

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Why should he have to jump for the ball? Why couldn't Brooks put it there like Tom does?

i mean i know that brady is one of the bests but come on...if the qb throws the ball in your direction at least complete your route and attempt to catch it
that said randy moss is
pimp.gif
although i don't think wes welker gets the credit he deserves

See the last 2 games where Wes Welker actually has DBs lining up against him
laugh.gif

Moss deserves most of the credit for NEs success

Wow! I wrote all that and all people looked at was one thing.smh. That was obviously a joke making fun of how bad brooks was and how good brady is but I guessI forgot the lol or lmao.
Half of Moss catches he jumps. So I find it hard to beleve that he wouldn't jump for a catchable ball. I didn't see all the games but I saw atleast 10and I never seen that. All I saw was brooks running for his life and eventually getting hurt.

All you have to know is that Moss quit on passes that ended up getting intercepted instead of caught.

Wes Welker is the wide receiver who allows Brady and Moss to do such amazing things. Without Wes underneath and in the seams Moss wouldnt be able to do what hedoes.
Lets face it, the Pats have got a really really really good thing going on.

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

randyed8.jpg

sick.gif
For Randy to have played in 13 games and only have 42 catches isplain disgusting on everyone's behalf ( Moss, QB, OLine and coaching staff)
smh.gif

attitude reflects leadership....or is it the other way around? hahaha...you get my point tho

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I've been giving my best, and the score is already 24 - 0. I'd have a real hard time going 110% (or even 100%) for the rest of that game.
Danny Almonte 3 wrote:
thats great advice for life too.

Advice?
laugh.gif
Who the heck said I was giving advice?

I simply said my feelings. The only way what I said would be advice would be if a person's mission in life was to be like me.

And in that case, they need a lot more life advice.

I didn't say specifically that you were giving advice for life BUT the way one thinks about handling situations, even if it is football, reflectsdirectly on how they handle themselves on everyday life situations. Is a person gonna be driven to work hard because he has something to live for and worktowards such as a wife and/or kids OR is he gonna go half azzed because he doesn't have that around him? Moss is gonna dog it if he has a crappy teamaround him but then be a work horse if he has that good team surrounding him? Sure its easy to say that leadership rubs off and Moss but a MAN has got to beaccountable

There comes a time when one should recognize that its your job to be a man and not a burden on others. Moss goin half azzed on routes = burden on others.Moss not jumping for passes = burden on others. And for the people who are saying Brooks sucks and didn't help the situation, yall are probably right. Themajority of the people who watch football would agree that Brooks was terrible BUT thats still no excuse for any player to stop playing hard. Like that 14 yearold kid plays basketball. Best physical player in the league but he has a sorry point guard and basically no one around him. You will see him dog it afterseeing no matter how hard he tries, this team still gets scored on. I EXPECT THAT from a kid and not from a grown man who's getting paid to do a job.Getting paid very well i may add.

I agree with just about everyone on this thread (if that's possible). However, I think there's a point in football where going "110%"results in diminishing returns. One situation would be, say, the first game of the season and your team is up 28-0 in the fourth. Or if your team is down28-0 in the fourth in a "meaningless" game (i.e., won't impact playoff chances.) If your QB throws a horrible pass into double coverage, does itmake sense to fight and jump for it? Maybe. I'm sure some wideouts do. At the same time, I can't criticize Moss for not fighting for it if it putshim at risk.

If risk of injury or potential impact on your team's later games > benefits of catching the ball, I'd understand "dogging it". Iwouldn't like it, but I'd understand. I also understand it when Moss says he doesn't run 100% if the play isn't for him, or if it's afake, etc. If dogging it on those plays gives him the energy to make the play when it IS for him, I don't think the Patriots or any other one of his teamswould care.

Note: That does not excuse running half-assed routes in a meaningful game, or putting his QB in a bad spot because of it.

How bad were the Raiders when Moss was there? If he had gone full-blast would they have been any better? (I don't know, never really followed Raidersgames.)

The Moss haters are going to say he acted like a punk when his teams were down... the Moss riders are going to defend him to the grave and say we allwould've acted the same way... i guess that means the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I see both sides of it. Moss though is not unlike other athletes right now in this age, they "dog it" when they get tired of the losing or the waythey are being treated on the team. Moss did play on 3 Viking teams though that had a .500 record or worse and his stats still were still pretty high. He thenmoves to Oakland and has garbage QB play. Plus yes he dogged it.

Next season will be interesting though because we don't know where he will be playing. We all pretty much know it's in his best interests to stay inN.E. but who knows with the way they do contracts.

Dallas should look to someone acquire him so he stops doing this
laugh.gif

1998 @DAL, 163 yards 3 TD
1999 DAL, 91 yards, 2 TD
1999 DAL, 127 yards, 1 TD
2000 @DAL, 144 yards, 2 TD
2004 DAL, 27 yards, 2 TD
2005 DAL, 123 yards, 0 TD
2007 @DAL, 59 yards, 1 TD

wow i didnt realize moss still went over 1000 yards, and had 8 TDs his first season with the Raiders....other than a few outlying points, dudes career has beenstatistically CRAZY!

Back
Top Bottom