Is Kobe Bryant Still the Best Shooting Guard in the NBA?

its kobe, then wade

wade would have to be CLEARLY better to off kobe from the top spot, and he hasn't been able to consistently.

keep in mind, kobe is 33 but wade is also 30, its not like hes that much younger. given all the players were 'surpassed' or were better than kobe for whatever reason...they ended up disappearing.

Wade been in the league for 9 years.

Kobe already been playing for 16 years.

Wade can't touch Kobe that's why he always have this inferior complex around Kobe

Kobe is old and washed up.

He can't even get his team out of the second round

Wade...he can. Wade>>Kobe

Matter fact. Because Wade>>Kobe

Wade>>MJ. Wade is the future of Jordan Brand

I'm srs.

No sarcasm.

I just don't see D. Wade getting broomed the way Kobe did last year.

Against the same team it was D. Wade damn near single handed keeping the Heat in the Finals. Lebron totally vanished after Game 2.

I never feared Kobe in the playoffs like that last year. I was scarred to death of D. Wade until that confetti fell from the ceiling.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

If u want to see traveling ignored, watch the thunder or heat run a fastbreak

or watch kobe bryant

Already do. He gets away with far less traveling than the star players on either of those teams do

wade has flashes ... and is a great player ... it may be debatable b/c kobe has crash landed back on earth ...

wade finishes better in the paint
wade kills on the fast break
wade gets a lot of blocks

those are the areas that he excels over kobe at this point in their careers

if u think that is enough to put him over kobe then that's ur opinion

Kobe stops himself ... poor shot selection
Kobe 3 ball is garbage now

Now u can try to entertain an argument for wade taking that into account

Kobe's jumper is way better and he has more range
Kobe FTs are way better
Kobe's overall defense is better
Kobe is more consistent
Kobe is a better scorer and less limited than wade. If you keep wade (hard to do) out the paint ...

Wade's defense is just so much better than Kobe at this point its just not a question.  The heat are a two man team even defensively while Kobe plays behind two 7 footers and still can't stop this one.  If Kobe isn't scoring effectively he doesn't contribute enough in other area anymore.  I honestly think Wade is still a good bit better at this point, Kobe's athleticism is just non-existent anymore, I have trouble even making an argument for him.

SneakerPro wrote:

Against the same team it was D. Wade damn near single handed keeping the Heat in the Finals. Lebron totally vanished after Game 2.

I never feared Kobe in the playoffs like that last year. I was scarred to death of D. Wade until that confetti fell from the ceiling.

Of course he won't because he got Lebronze and the Heat defense is better than the Lakers

Originally Posted by KenJi714

SneakerPro wrote:

Of course he won't because he got Lebronze and the Heat defense is better than the Lakers

He didn't have Lebronze Games 3-6 in the Finals and still competed.

The Lakers got embarrassed.

^^Didn't wade and the heat get swept by the bulls in the 1st round the year after they won the title?

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Wade's defense is just so much better than Kobe at this point its just not a question.  The heat are a two man team even defensively while Kobe plays behind two 7 footers and still can't stop this one.  If Kobe isn't scoring effectively he doesn't contribute enough in other area anymore.  I honestly think Wade is still a good bit better at this point, Kobe's athleticism is just non-existent anymore, I have trouble even making an argument for him.

This man knows.

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Kobe is old and washed up.

He can't even get his team out of the second round

Wade...he can. Wade>>Kobe

Matter fact. Because Wade>>Kobe

Wade>>MJ. Wade is the future of Jordan Brand

I'm srs.

No sarcasm.
mh71Do.gif

Originally Posted by srvballer

^^Didn't wade and the heat get swept by the bulls in the 1st round the year after they won the title?

Yes but the OP asking about now not 5 years ago.

Originally Posted by Hyper

This man knows.
No he doesn't.  Bynum and Gasol are unathletic and slow. They're not dominant at all and they can't play defense against fast teams. The Heat not only have Lebron and Wade for defense. They have Haslem, Battier, Joel Anthony who are much better at moving laterally on defense . Dude don't know @%

This man knows.
No he doesn't.  Bynum and Gasol are unathletic and slow. They're not dominant at all and they can't play defense against fast teams. The Heat not only have Lebron and Wade for defense. They have Haslem, Battier, Joel Anthony who are much better at moving laterally on defense . Dude don't know @%

You watch any of the games kobe missed this season?  Lakers went 10-1.  Those "slow / unathletic"  big men played like all first teamers when Kobe was out.  You give Kobe all the credit for wins but absolutely no blame for losses. 

This man knows.
Your the most nonsensical, nonstop Kobe slopper on this board, take your meat riding back to the Lakers off-season thread

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

Originally Posted by srvballer

We'll just pretend that this never happened
AND LETS PRETEND THAT KOBE DIDNT SINGLE HANDEDLY LEAD HIS TEAM TO AN EARLY EXIT FROM THE PLAYOFFS FROM A TEAM LED BY STEVE URKEL AND A GUY NICKNAMED AFTER A SPIDER.

Wade taking a back seat to Kobe once again in the Olympics.

And Kobe is getting All-NBA First Team next season too.

This man knows.
Your the most nonsensical, nonstop Kobe slopper on this board, take your meat riding back to the Lakers off-season thread
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom