IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

just to keep this thread moving along, i think you should make the case.

Last edited:
Im not interpreting it in anyway. He said Pau was the x factor, and I agree, he was. And its obvious that Kobe fans dont see it that way. Lakers have gone as far as Paus play since hes arrived in LA. He dissapeared in the first finals against Boston - Boston in 6. Pau balled the next two postseasons (including Boston finals) - Two Ships. Pau doesnt play well the previous two postseasons - 2 second round playoff exits.

He might not be a better player than Kobe, but he is the x factor. And I can make a case for Pau winning that 2010 FMVP but it would just fall on deaf ears. And I'm not even saying Pau shouldve won it.

Make the case, I absolutely can not wait to read it.

did jason terry win finals mvp? Or shawn marion? Or mike miller? srs

I never said he was robbed. I said people more important/influential in the basketball world than me or anybody else in this thread suggested he was robbed or that Kobe wasn't the clear FMVP.

I was only pointing out that doesn't happen to MJ....hell it didn't happen to Lebron on a "stacked team" but it happened to Kobe 3 times for sure and a suggested time in 2010.

That's not top 5 all timish was my point.

Y'all gotta stop getting so emotional b. I've commented multiple times on Kobes 2nd half of the sseason. Hate he got hurt because he was about to accomplish some legendary ****. But y'all refuse to concede on the most obvious of facts and act like I'm making up history.

Objectivity is a virtue

Last edited:
cartune, the responses you're getting right now are exactly why I've never bothered showing what you're showing.

Nobody was saying Morrison was a FMVP. People were saying Pau was FMVP.

Ol' 'The moon landing was staged and the Holocaust never happened' type dudes. :lol:

And those who at least recognize the truth of what you're saying, that there were people saying Pau was FMVP? "Well those dudes don't count." Like sticking their fingers in their ear and singing "Lalalalala." :lol:

:lol: it's very cult-like in here

I never said he was robbed. I said people more important/influential in the basketball world than me or anybody else in this thread suggested he was robbed or that Kobe wasn't the clear FMVP.

I was only pointing out that doesn't happen to MJ....hell it didn't happen to Lebron on a "stacked team" but it happened to Kobe 3 times for sure and a suggested time in 2010.

Y'all gotta stop getting so emotional b. I've commented multiple times on Kobes 2nd half of the sseason. Hate he got hurt because he was about to accomplish some legendary ****. But y'all refuse to concede on the most obvious of facts and act like I'm making up history.

Objectivity is a virtue
Cartune.  We already asked you to go get the articles/examples of the people who after those finals thought Pau was FMVP.  You brought back Plaschke.  we conceded that.  We asked for another since you spoke in the plural like it was everywhere.

You went ghost.

Don't come back now because merton is talking foolishness in your defense.

Go get the news clippings from the pundits.

Im not interpreting it in anyway. He said Pau was the x factor, and I agree, he was. And its obvious that Kobe fans dont see it that way. Lakers have gone as far as Paus play since hes arrived in LA. He dissapeared in the first finals against Boston - Boston in 6. Pau balled the next two postseasons (including Boston finals) - Two Ships. Pau doesnt play well the previous two postseasons - 2 second round playoff exits.

He might not be a better player than Kobe, but he is the x factor. And I can make a case for Pau winning that 2010 FMVP but it would just fall on deaf ears. And I'm not even saying Pau shouldve won it.

I can't believe you are still posting in this thread :lol: :lol:

This Thread is never going to die :rofl:

Stop by here just to see if this thread was real lol  i cant believe people actually ask this question. I honestly believe Kobe, Iverson started their careers too close to Jordan (not that they had a choice) because people have/will kill them in the media and discussions for the same stuff MJ did.  all i can do is laugh. hes 34 and still better than 99% of all the nba talent. And he did it playing with and against better players. hes broken many Laker records and for a Franchise that had many stars before him thats not easy.

Objectivity is a virtue

I can play your stupid games too tho.

Bill Simmons has Kobe like 7th or 8th ALL TIME in his updated Book of Basketball. So you want to credit him taking away a Finals MVP (which came against his beloved Celtics), but not where he ranks him all time? :nerd:

Skip Bayless = pundit, he says Lebron sucks. He would make a case that Wade was the Finals MVP last year, soooooooooooo

Objectivity is a virtue

I know, right?

Cartune.  We already asked you to go get the articles/examples of the people who after those finals thought Pau was FMVP.  You brought back Plaschke.  we conceded that.  We asked for another since you spoke in the plural like it was everywhere.

You went ghost.

Don't come back now because merton is talking foolishness in your defense.

Go get the news clippings from the pundits.

Nah you must have just glanced over the part where I said I couldnt find any better sources on google (Im a first page results type of guy) but I did find forums started by people who also seem to have heard something that "never happened"

What exactly do you want me to do? Are you saying if I cant find articles about what somebody said on the airwaves it never happened?

Forgive me for not being able to find video of sportscenter, ESPN shows and talk radio from 3 years ago. You got me there.

I can play your stupid games too tho.

Bill Simmons has Kobe like 7th or 8th ALL TIME in his updated Book of Basketball. So you want to credit him taking away a Finals MVP (which came against his beloved Celtics), but not where he ranks him all time? :nerd:

Skip Bayless = pundit, he says Lebron sucks. He would make a case that Wade was the Finals MVP last year, soooooooooooo
I know, right?

:lol: Dude what are you saying exactly?

A lot of "pundits" have Kobe in the top 10. Of course. Some even say he's second to Jordan.

Magic will even say Kobe is better than him. Eventhough Magic is more accomplished...

I understand the legend of Kobe thats why Im so adament about him being overrated. He entered the league when Jordan was leaving, won ships and reminds us of MJ at times so I UNDERSTAND...but if you actually objectively look at the dude's career he's not Top 5.

Just cause Simmons says he's Top 7 or 8 doesnt change the fact that people him included said he at the least should have shared the 2010 MVP.

Do you even understand the point I was making?

Kobe has 1 MVP but that gets shun off as a "Popularity award" :rolleyes

Ok so the next argument is he has 5 titles - So I brought up the fact 3 of those Finals MVPs went to someone else. And the one in 2010 was questioned as a shared MVP.

So I said out of 5 titles Kobe was considered the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER of those championships twice at most but some "pundits" might even say 1.5.

How is someone who played Pippen for 3 ships and won 1 MVP comparable to Jordan or even Magic or even Bird or even Kareem or even Duncan?

How? Because you say so? Because he's "this generations Jordan?" Why not just look at the numbers and remove emotion?

It seems disrespectful when you get all technical doesnt it?

Im just using numbers....

Last edited:
"Why not just look at the numbers and remove emotion?"

The numbers say 5 Championships, 2 FMVP, 1 MVP.

With 31,000 points, 6,500 rebounds, 6,000 assists and 15 all star games, with 11 All NBA seasons, and 5,500 playoff points, 1,000 playoff rebounds and 1,000 playoff assists.

#JustLookAtTheNumbers

With 31,000 points, 6,500 rebounds, 6,000 assists and 15 all star games, with 11 All NBA seasons, and 5,500 playoff points, 1,000 playoff rebounds and 1,000 playoff assists.

#JustLookAtTheNumbers

He played with Shaq tho! And without Pau he wouldn't have got all them points.

KObe's a game time decision for tonight's game...

...pretty much means he's playing.

He plays tonight n there better be testers on site to collect Blood/urine from him as well. This is ridiculous now n has been n still is very obvious this guy is taking heavy hgh n whatever other type of enhancement drugs.

#JustLookAtTheNumbers

So you ignore my point about contributions to championships & MVPs and bring up stat totals acquired by a player who's played longer than mostly anybody in NBA history?

Cool lets play 8)

Being that Kobe is only top 10 in one of those categories and theres at least 5 players that havent won a title that show up in the top 10 of atleast 2 of those stat categories

Are they better than Kobe? No? So whats the point of your post when Kobe isnt even top 10 in more than one category? When there are multiple people who are. Kinda hurts your argument for a top 10 player...No? :nerd:

And does that look Like

6 Championships, 6 FMVPs,5 MVPs?

or

5 Championships, 3FMVPs, 3 MVPs?

or

4 Championships, 3FMVPs, 2 MVPs?

or

5 Championships, 2FMVPs, 3 MVPs?

or even

6 Championships, 2FMVPs, 6 MVPs?

How does Kobe get to skip this line?

Dude, you are one of the least brightest people on this board.

AG GAVE YOU THE STATS WITH MVP, TITLES, ETC.

I ADDED the numbers?

How the **** are you not getting this?

#JustLookAtTheNumbers

Do you understand yet? AG gave you the first set, I followed up with the rest? Can you comprehend?

Now, since you aren't smart. Kobe is going to be the ONLY 30K, 6K, 6K player in history after his next 100 assists or so. (Bron will join in a couple years surely) Playoff wise, he is only the second ALL TIME in playoff history with 5K points, 1K rebounds, and 1K assists. He, and Michael Jordan. (Bron will surely join them in a few years)

That "only 1 top 10" category you mention will be top 3, all time. And his rebound totals will be top 5 for his position, as well as assists. He will be in top 5 ALL TIME in rebounds and assists for a shooting guard, a position that does not amass those totals easily, he will be among the leaders in EACH category, while leading the position in scoring all time. And those guys that have 20K and 10K while impressive, still won't have the numbers he has PLUS the titles, plus the Finals MVP, PLUS the PLAYOFF NUMBERS\ he will have put up, PLUS THE ALL NBA SEASONS.

Again, JUST the numbers, as YOU said.

Do you grasp this all now?

You call us a cult, we can't figure out why you people can't ******g read or change your argument EVERY WAY IMAGINABLE.

just to keep this thread moving along, i think you should make the case.

For the record, I never said Pau Should've won the MVP. I said there was a case for Pau being FMVP. Here is A CASE

19 points per game

11.5 rebounds per game (led LA)

26 assists, 13 turnovers

2.5 blocks fer game (led LA)

48% from the field (led LA)

Kobe averaged more points (29) but he shot just 40% from the field. He had 27 total assists (1 more than Gasol) while being the primary ball handler. He also had 27 turnovers. Yes, same # of turnovers as assists, and more than double the amount of Gasols.

Again, this is just a Case.

But I'll wait for yall to call me a "Hater" because I presented some numbers, left out opinions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom