IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

They acknowledge his greatness, yes.

Call him the 2nd best SG ever? Top 5... or even 3... all time? No.

Nako your right Harden won't be better than him next year, he's already better than Kobe this year..
pimp.gif

Nobody is saying that Kobe rode the bench during the first 3 championships but alot of you dudes certainly over-exaggerate his play during that timeframe.  You same dudes mention maybe 1 or 2 games during those 3 seasons, with the highlight being Game 4 of the finals against the Pacers in overtime as if there were NO other games that season at all.   Nevermind the 82 games during the regular season, or the other playoff games.  As if any and everything was decided in that infamous Game 4 in overtime......
laugh.gif

Kobe did his thing, and did it quite well during the 3-peat, but at the end of the day he was Robin as Shaq was Batman.  Kobe was the little brother and Shaq was the big brother.  Shaq was Michael Jackson, and Kobe was Tito Jackson. 
roll.gif

you obviously did not watch the games. game 4 of the finals was not even top 3 of his top games between that time frame.

are you talking about game 6?
Yes i know the kings missed some shots to lose the game but its really hard for a small market to win in the nba,even tim donaughy the ref admitted on selling the game still the lakers get a past smh at the commissioner

Yes i know the kings missed some shots to lose the game but its really hard for a small market to win in the nba,even tim donaughy the ref admitted on selling the game still the lakers get a past smh at the commissioner
02 nba playoffs lakers vs kings

game 6

• lakers shot 40 free throws
• kings shot 25 free throws
• kings intentionally foul lakers 3 times at the end of game because they were losing. that means 6 free throws were shot by the lakers because the kings had to put them on the line in order to get the ball back
• that means the real free throw total was 25 to 34 which is +9 for the lakers.

game 5

• 23 for the lakers
• 33 for the kings.
• that is +10 for the kings
• shaq shot 1 free throw

because donaughy said that game was rigged a majority tend to hang onto his word. selective memory causes people to forget game 5. imagine if donaughy had said that game 5 was fixed? what donaughy said has to be taken with a grain of salt.

the absolutes in here are so funny.

like none of yall want to budge a little and give each side credit.

:lol:
I for one have said over and over that Kobe is a top 10-15 player of all time. He only becomes overrated when people think he's somehow a top 5 player. Or 2nd to Jordan. Many even say he's better than Jordan. Some even think he's a better Laker than Magic & Kareem. Even though he played Pippen for a chunk of his career.

If the refs played pair the kings would have won the series , not taking away from the lakers they were great too . Kings should have won that year..

Kobe is a great player not overrated but
Hes just another robert horry. If kobe was playing for the hornets all of his carreer we will
Never have this conversation..

Hes just another robert horry. If kobe was playing for the hornets all of his carreer we will
roll.gif

"Kobe is a great player not overrated"

"Hes just another robert horry."

Last edited:
If the refs played pair the kings would have won the series , not taking away from the lakers they were great too . Kings should have won that year..
Game 6 was some nonsense; all kinds of shenanigans.

In Game 7 though the Kings missed about a million free throws and pretty much any Kings' player not named Mike Bibby completely folded as the pressure intensified late in that game.

Still remember that Peja airball 3.
mean.gif

lol @ he's just another robert horry...the man is good, but as I said, next year will be a different ball game 
pimp.gif

The hate clearly clouds and alters people's memories. Yes Shaq was the most dominant player during that time, but he still needed Kobe to win.

Perfect example is game 7 against Portland in 2000, Shaq and Kobe's first championship together.

Shaq had a pedestrian 18, 9, and 5 game with only one block, while Kobe had 25, 11, and 7 with 4 blocks...as a guard.

Not to mention that he was the one who used to d up everybody from Stoudamire to Steve Smith as well. People act like any 2 guard at the time could have done that, but that's not true in my opinion.

Game 6 was some nonsense; all kinds of shenanigans.

In Game 7 though the Kings missed about a million free throws and pretty much any Kings' player not named Mike Bibby completely folded as the pressure intensified late in that game.

Still remember that Peja airball 3. :smh:

I'll never forget the Peja airball along with a wide open mid-range jumper that Doug Christie almost broke the backboard on :rofl:

I for one have said over and over that Kobe is a top 10-15 player of all time. He only becomes overrated when people think he's somehow a top 5 player. Or 2nd to Jordan. Many even say he's better than Jordan. Some even think he's a better Laker than Magic & Kareem. Even though he played Pippen for a chunk of his career.
Get ur mouth out of kobes balls and get off ut knees
lugaw87: *warned* Keep that kind of talk on whatever other sites you use it on.

I'll play.

If Kobe plays for the Hornets his entire career, he retires as the greatest Hornet ever, and the 3rd Hornet to have his number retired. I have to believe he would have at least one championship, but if the Hornets were just absolutely miserable his whole career, he has gaudy number and no team accomplishments. So no Finals MVPs, because no Finals. Most likely not a league MVP because we're assuming the Hornets suck, and in the NBA, they never give MVPs to franchise players of terrible teams.

But the 2 gold medals, the All NBA and All Defense nods, the scoring title, he still fights and pushes and earns those. His rank on the scoring list would still be fairly close to what it is now, maybe even higher because he would have more games where he would just go bananas, shooting like crazy. Career assist rank would obviously be lower.

That's what I think. Saying he's another Robert Horry is just ignoarant; totally discounts Kobe's work ethic, which Horry is nowhere close to.

Kobe is never overrated he just needs help from Consistent good players that goes hard night in and night out

Back
Top Bottom