IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

View media item 305641
Yes, yes I am. Nice to meet you. Wanna continue this conversation come June for more "imagination"?

How bout we continue the conversation in about 10/15 years, cuz Bron dam sure aint gettin 5 rings in this league.

Not sayin 5 makes Kobe better than Bron , we know Bron is the more efficient and versatile player BUT when its all said and done 5 rings >>> couple mvp trophies and a bunch of triple doubles.

I'm not saying
How bout we continue the conversation in about 10/15 years, cuz Bron dam sure aint gettin 5 rings in this league.

Not sayin 5 makes Kobe better than Bron , we know Bron is the more efficient and versatile player BUT when its all said and done 5 rings >>> couple mvp trophies and a bunch of triple doubles.

I agree with this,MVPs are cool and all but I'll take 1 regular, 2 finals MVPs, and 5 rings any day.

Mamba did work last night. And people saying Shaquille carried Kobe, I didn't see Bron Bron do nada until joining a loaded team

^^

Lets keep it in perspective tho, consecutive MVP's and a trip to the finals is a lot more than nada.......hell thats more than what most dudes do in an entire career.

When it comes to Bron and Kobe we dont always need to tear 1 down to build up the other, thats unnecessary.

Thread still goin?
Cant just agree to disagree?
Just say what haters wanna hear.

I dont think Kobe is even in top TWENTY all time.

stop that silly argument please.

I get so tired of people throwing 5 rings out there as if Kobe didn't average 17ppg the first go around.

And By your definition .. Robert horry >>>> Karl Malone and a bunch of points...

Or Steve Kerr >>>> Gary Payton and a bunch of steals.

I get so tired of people throwing 5 rings out there as if Kobe didn't average 17ppg the first go around.

And By your definition .. Robert horry >>>> Karl Malone and a bunch of points...

Youre like Bron huh ? Wanna run to Miami with his best buddies and win rings, then when MJ says 5 > 1 Bron says hold up !!! Rings dont define legacies !!!

Well if thats the case why run around sayin youll win 5/6/7 rings, or why leave the Cavs in the 1st place if chips dont define anything.....cant have it both ways brother.

In youre haste to defend the king i guess you glossed over the part in my post where i call Bron the more efficient and versatile player so youre Horry/Malone and Kerr/Payton are irrelevant and out of place :rolleyes. I never said Kobe was better or better because he had more rings so please stop.

Bron is the better player but when his career is over his resume will have a hard time standing next too MJ, Magic. Bird, and Kobes when it comes to CHIPS.....the greatest of the greats are separated by CHIPS........NOT MVPS OR TRIPLE DOUBLES word to Nash and Jason kidd.

Why do you think Magic is still seen as the best pg ever my most, RINGS ? Why you think Duncan is widely hailed as the best 4 , his bank shot and footwork ? Hell No RINGS !!!

Youre like Bron huh ? Wanna run to Miami with his best buddies and win rings, then when MJ says 5 > 1 Bron says hold up !!! Rings dont define legacies !!!

Well if thats the case why run around sayin youll win 5/6/7 rings, or why leave the Cavs in the 1st place if chips dont define anything.....cant have it both ways brother.

In youre haste to defend the king i guess you glossed over the part in my post where i call Bron the more efficient and versatile player so youre Horry/Malone and Kerr/Payton are irrelevant and out of place :rolleyes. I never said Kobe was better or better because he had more rings so please stop.

Bron is the better player but when his career is over his resume will have a hard time standing next too MJ, Magic. Bird, and Kobes when it comes to CHIPS.....the greatest of the greats are separated by CHIPS........NOT MVPS OR TRIPLE DOUBLES word to Nash and Jason kidd.

Why do you think Magic is still seen as the best pg ever my most, RINGS ? Why you think Duncan is widely hailed as the best 4 , his bank shot and footwork ? Hell No RINGS !!!
brah ...

You seriously think lebron can't get 3+ rings? He's 29...

Like... seriously ...

He's on his way to MVP #4... he can't get two more?

Again... He's 29...

He took Larry Hughes to the finals... so stop saying he ran... name Jordan's resume In RINGS before pippen showed up... or what Kobe did 05-07... without a great player.

Magic is better than Kidd and Nash cuz HES BETTER THAN KIDD AND NASH...

brah ...

Like... seriously ...

Again... He's 29...

He took Larry Hughes to the finals... so stop saying he ran... name Jordan's resume In RINGS before pippen showed up... or what Kobe did 05-07... without a great player.

this.

any argument against this is just buffoonery. anyone that can honestly say they think lebron's accolades won't measure up to anyone else's when his career is over is just a below average intelligence individual. seems like there are a lot of stupid people on nt.

the reason Jordan said he'd choose Kobe over lebron is because Jordan is still a competitor. he KNOWS Kobe will never surpass him as the greatest player of all time, but he knows lebron has a chance. he's not just going to sing lebron's praise since that's the case and since he's Michael Jordan, he's able to skew a lot of others opinions too by saying things like that.

that all being said, Kobe is a monster...especially lately.

Last edited:
brah ...

Like... seriously ...

Again... He's 29...

Do i think he can get 3+ more rings ? its a possibility but odds are he wont, and the way you nonchalantly posed the question shows you underestimate how hard it is to win 1 ring let alone 3/4/5/6/7.

Hes 29 Like......seriously..... :smh: and thats your reasoning for assuming he'll win 3 more just because hes 29 , glad you got facts to back you up :rolleyes .....like seriously

Bron took a bum team to the finals, but lets not pretend the east wasnt trash those years. A.I. and J. Kidd took bum squads to the finals too but for some stanish reasons Bron lovers want us to beleive he's the only player in sports history to lead a scrub team to the finals and btw he got his wig pushed back when he got there.

And he most definitely RAN to miami, what would you call it when players scheme and plot to play together years in advance and peep his last Cavs game, he tore that jersey off almost before he left the court..... he couldnt wait to get outta Cleveland.

Lastly MJ/KOBE were playing in very competitive conferences and eras, even the king himself wasnt leading those young bulls past the grizzled pistons and celtics, nor would he drag Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, and Smush Parker outta that western conference.

the lebron kobe comparisons cant really be assessed fully until both of their careers are complete. lebron can get injured and may never be the same again. we cant see the future. if anything, in about 2 years we will be able to finally compare mj and kobes career when he retires. im not saying kobe is better than jordan but with the full picture of both players, a comparison can be made of them. until lebron is done can he be fully dissected against kobe, mj and all the greats.

Yea, cus he didn't. He averaged 22.5, 6 reb, 5 assists for the season. In the playoffs he averaged 21, 4.5, 4. In the Finals he averaged 19ppg if you discount the game where he only played 9 mins cus Jalen injured him :lol: Clearly Shaq was carrying more weight at that time, but you can't act like Kobe was a role player. Shaq gets credit for winning a ring with the Heat and his role on that team was no greater than Kobe's was on the first Lakers title team. They don't win a ring without Kobe that year unless they replace him with another elite SG, and he was only 21 at the time. Granted, I would still say Bron carrying the Cavs to the Finals at the age, even though they lost, is more impressive than Kobe winning his first ring. But that doesn't mean Kobe should be discredited.

^^

Lets keep it in perspective tho, consecutive MVP's and a trip to the finals is a lot more than nada.......hell thats more than what most dudes do in an entire career.

When it comes to Bron and Kobe we dont always need to tear 1 down to build up the other, thats unnecessary.

View media item 306158

All 3 of 'em needed great teammates win their rings so what are you saying? **** the only dude to win a ring w/o another great teammate was the dream.

not at all. over the years he has been consist and and helps motivate the team to try and play better. to this day he's dunking like its 1999. he has a big ego which you can't blame him for that. he can play defense and is the best at what position he play. one thing i hate is when people compare him to lebron. lebrons will always be athletic and better in some poritions but with never be close to what kobe does as a shooting guard. its gonna be hard to see him go. he's stayed loyal to his fans and his team. in clutches on any nab team any player I'm passing the ball to kobe plain and simple. never overrated if anything torn by critics and doesn't get the deserve he needs. this seson is the coach trying to change everything up. they should have someone from the team when phil jackson was coaching to fill the spot.

Do i think he can get 3+ more rings ? its a possibility but odds are he wont, and the way you nonchalantly posed the question shows you underestimate how hard it is to win 1 ring let alone 3/4/5/6/7.

Hes 29 Like......seriously..... :smh: and thats your reasoning for assuming he'll win 3 more just because hes 29 , glad you got facts to back you up :rolleyes .....like seriously

Bron took a bum team to the finals, but lets not pretend the east wasnt trash those years. A.I. and J. Kidd took bum squads to the finals too but for some stanish reasons Bron lovers want us to beleive he's the only player in sports history to lead a scrub team to the finals and btw he got his wig pushed back when he got there.

And he most definitely RAN to miami, what would you call it when players scheme and plot to play together years in advance and peep his last Cavs game, he tore that jersey off almost before he left the court..... he couldnt wait to get outta Cleveland.

Lastly MJ/KOBE were playing in very competitive conferences and eras, even the king himself wasnt leading those young bulls past the grizzled pistons and celtics, nor would he drag Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, and Smush Parker outta that western conference.
clearly your hate for lebron outweighs everything else.

People bring up that he got to the finals because he did... nobody forgot what AI did. He is one of the most loved players in sports history by his fans.

I say "like seriously .. he's 29" because that matters brah. Barring some catastrophic injury, you think lebron couldn't win some more mvps?

Dwade played on 1 leg last year... he's full strength ... you legitimately don't think they can't win more titles?

I'm not going to keep going back and forth cuz only the true lebron haters still play that "he ran card"...

You got it brah. Lebron will never be in mj or kobes world cuz he's never going to win another championship or MVP... and if he does its only because wade bosh and Mario chalmers...

Got it.

View media item 306158 All 3 of 'em needed great teammates win their rings so what are you saying? **** the only dude to win a ring w/o another great teammate was the dream.
I bring those years up cuz people pretend Kobe has always been a winner and shame lebron for leaving when he took a trash team to the finals...

Beating a fully loaded pistons team that just won a title.

Lebron play on easy conference

A Stacked team with 3 stars in their prime plus multiple 3 shooters

Talk about having an easy road to Finals 2-3 years in a row now

clearly your hate for lebron outweighs everything else.

People bring up that he got to the finals because he did... nobody forgot what AI did. He is one of the most loved players in sports history by his fans.

I say "like seriously .. he's 29" because that matters brah. Barring some catastrophic injury, you think lebron couldn't win some more mvps?

Dwade played on 1 leg last year... he's full strength ... you legitimately don't think they can't win more titles?

I'm not going to keep going back and forth cuz only the true lebron haters still play that "he ran card"...

You got it brah. Lebron will never be in mj or kobes world cuz he's never going to win another championship or MVP... and if he does its only because wade bosh and Mario chalmers...

Got it.

Not sure what the problem is , i never tried to discredit anything Bron did or downplay his talents at all.

I only spoke on his finals run because you mentioned it , most Bron fans point to that as a test of his greatness but in reality 1 man teams outta the east was routine back then.

Reread my posts i never said he wont win another title or mvp's, be real though fam youre jumping the gun a bit already crediting him with 3+ more titles like its nothing.

'' Oh hes 29 he can win 3+ titles '' like its written in stone :smh: hasnt sports taught us to expect the unexpected and not to assume anything ?

Also the Pistons team that was loaded won the title in 04, and Bron didnt defeat them till 07 so they werent the ''loaded'' team you may remember.

Ben Wallace was long gone to Chicago at that point, and that 07 team actually featured an ANCIENT Chris Webber so i think you admiration for Lebron might be clouding your memory >D .

Lebron play on easy conference

A Stacked team with 3 stars in their prime plus multiple 3 shooters

Talk about having an easy road to Finals 2-3 years in a row now

You're right imagine if he would still win MVP and FInals MVP on such a stacked team. That would be pretty impressive since Kobe never won MVP or FInals MVP with one star in his prime plus multiple 3 shooters...

And Im pretty sure The Heat is running through the top teams in the Western conference anyway so the easy conference theory is pretty dumb.

You're right imagine if he would still win MVP and FInals MVP on such a stacked team. That would be pretty impressive since Kobe never won MVP or FInals MVP with one star in his prime plus multiple 3 shooters...

And Im pretty sure The Heat is running through the top teams in the Western conference anyway so the easy conference theory is pretty dumb.

Wait... First it was Kobe has always had help.. And he owes his post Shaq finals wins to Pau...

Now Pau wasn't in his prime when the Lakers won in 09 & 10...

Please be consistent.

Wrong.

It's all about match up. If you fail to see that then please go watch different sport. Although OKC is a good team but they match up poorly with the Heat.

Pacers, Spurs, Boston, Memphis etc have better match up with them.

And the MVP is a popular vote contest. MVP don't mean literally.

And it's pretty laid back when you have 2 prime all stars playing so you can pad the stats.

Take away Kobe. The Lakers would be a 10th place team on the West at best
Take away CP3. The Clippers is not sniffing the 3rd seed on the West
Take away KD. The Thunder probably be an 8th seed on the West
Take away Tony Parker. The Spurs wouldn't be winning 45 games

Take away Lebron. The Heat would still be a 4 or 5 seed on the easy East.

Bosh is the Heat real MVP. The Heat ain't beating Knicks or Pacers, Boston without Bosh

Last edited:
Only Kobe Bryant can get credit for getting a team with Steve Nash and Dwight Howard to the 9th seed.

C'mon sneak, Nash been out a bunch , Dwight came back too early, even pau been out for weeks as well. Don't act as if they've been in a ideal situation , been a hectic season and don't forget the coaching change.

And to be fair no ones praising him for getting the 9th seed, it's more people giving props for his renewed athleticism , high assist totals , and higher fg % too.

Flip side : only 1 All Time great I know of gets credit for getting swept in the finals, like that's something special.

Only Kobe Bryant can get credit for getting a team with Steve Nash and Dwight Howard to the 9th seed.

C'mon sneak, Nash been out a bunch , Dwight came back too early, even pau been out for weeks as well. Don't act as if they've been in a ideal situation , been a hectic season and don't forget the coaching change.

And to be fair no ones praising him for getting the 9th seed, it's more people giving props for his renewed athleticism , high assist totals , and higher fg % too.

Flip side : only 1 All Time great I know of gets credit for getting swept in the finals, like that's something special.

A broken down Nash and Dwight Howard is better than every player Lebron ever played with before he got to Miami.

Back
Top Bottom