IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

the debate here is that kobe is overrated in the sense that people place him as the top 5 ever, when reality kobe is a top 15 player and his position in between the 6-15 spot.
TOP 5 in no order, MJ, Magic, bird, kareem, wilt,

personally i feel like his in top 10 for sure where in the order of

hakeem, shaq, timmy dr.j then kobe.

Last edited:
the debate here is that kobe is overrated in the sense that people place him as the top 5 ever, when reality kobe is a top 15 player and his position in 6-15.
TOP 5 in no order, MJ, Magic, bird, kareem, wilt,

personally i feel like his in top 10 for sure where in the order of

hakeem, shaq, timmy dr.j then kobe.
6-15 at his position?

name 5-10 shooting guards better than kobe.

^
Naw man, he's saying that Kobe slots into top 6-15 all time. Not at SG, his position being whatever number you give him 6 thru 15. I think you misread bro. :lol:

WELL TELL HIM TO SPEAK MORE CLEARLY!!!!!!

nah, i get it now.

Last edited:
I'm not drinking anything, but if I were, I would have just spit it out all over my living room just now.

Is the Kobe system German engineered? Without the German touch which many have viewed in the same group as fresh blood transfusions (lance armsterong) would he still be playing at the level he is? Who cares if the fda approves of Regenokine had that been around back then many of the greats would have played till they were 50. Larry bird wouldn't have to retire because of his back.

Is the Kobe system German engineered? Without the German touch which many have viewed in the same group as fresh blood transfusions (lance armsterong) would he still be playing at the level he is? Who cares if the fda approves of Regenokine had that been around back then many of the greats would have played till they were 50. Larry bird wouldn't have to retire because of his back.
what does his knee procedure have to do with people considering him overrated?

what does his knee procedure have to do with people considering him overrated?
and it's idiotic to imply that there weren't medical advances between jordan's peak to bird's to oscar robertson's.

same way lebron is a physical animal right now that possessed a body at 19 that 99% of players in the pros before this era couldnt get.  it's how the world works. it advances.

and rules and gamplans change to reflect that -- the three point line, the charge circle, hand checking, zones, etc.  people need to stop scavenging for petty arguments.

Last edited:

Man I cant believe how far some you guys are willing to go in order to 'prove' Kobe is overrated.

Orthokine (i.e. regenokine) is far, far different from what Lance Armstrong did.

From wikipedia, orthokine is defined as:

The process removes about 2 US fluid ounces (59 ml) of blood from a patient's arm, which is then incubated at a slightly raised temperature.[1][5][6] The liquid is then placed in a centrifuge until its constituent parts are separated. The middle yellowish layer is dense with agents that are believed to stop an arthritic agent known as interleukin-1, which causes degeneration of the joints and the breakdown of cartilage.[1][3][7] That serum is injected into the patient's affected area.[5] The procedure reduces pain and discomfort in the joint.

This is a natural way to heal body parts, almost like stem cell therapy.

If your gonna give credit to orthokine instead of Kobe's work ethic, what about all the other players in the NBA that used the procedure and aren't playing at Kobe's level?

Gilbert Arenas, basketball player[3]
Andrew Bogut. basketball player[13]
Kobe Bryant, basketball player[1]
Andrew Bynum, basketball player[14]
Grant Hill, basketball player[3]
Greg Oden, basketball player[3]
Brandon Roy, basketball player[3]

Lance Armstrong used the PED, erythropoietin which is formulated in a lab and injected into an athlete's arm providing them with more endurance during exercise.

Oooh, good info, but you messed up letting people know the info is from wikipedia. Watch...

Last edited:
Oh, no doubt. I'm not saying that it's not a good tool to use for information, because it absolutely is. But when you actually SAY Wikipedia, people will jump all over that quicker than they will offer a rebuttal to the actual information posted.

"This is how to broil:" and then post the text of the article is received less confrontationally than "Wikipedia says how to broil:" followed by an article.

At least, in my observation. not trying to say you did anything wrong. hope that's not how it's coming across.

This thread needs to be locked...

But just to throw gas on the fire....

Id rather have a lockdown 2 who can go for 30+ every night, than a pg who was merely a playmaker and would get 2-3 steals a game..

and yes I am talking about Kobe >> Magic...

and the argument to say Magic would not lose like this with THIS Lakers team? man stop, thats comparing apples to oranges. We will never know.

I'm debating coming in after each of Kobe's game's and asking "Ska, did he have a bad game tonight?" because at this point I genuinely can't tell what is considered a bad game or not.  11 for 19 shooting, but he only had 9 assists. bad game? not trolling, genuinely asking.

Lol Kobe is not overrated..end of story. His stats, accolades and championships speaks to that.  Hate Kobe all you want too, they guy will end his career at least top ten and in some peoples discussion of top 5 all time.  Someone start a "Lebron James is overrated" or "Kevin Durant is overrated" section so we can see the craziness people come out with.

This thread needs to be locked...

But just to throw gas on the fire....

Id rather have a lockdown 2 who can go for 30+ every night, than a pg who was merely a playmaker and would get 2-3 steals a game..

and yes I am talking about Kobe >> Magic...

and the argument to say Magic would not lose like this with THIS Lakers team? man stop, thats comparing apples to oranges. We will never know.

And this is why threads like this exists.

I dont know in what world would anybody choose a prime Magic over a prime Kobe to win championships that is. Of course in pickup ball Kobe gets picked over mostly everybody and I seriously think thats how most of yall think

And Im sure the majority of "I only watch the player with the ball the entire game" fans would rather have a 30+ scorer than a "play making" pg. But dont ever tryout for Head coaching position anywhere past junior high.

Back
Top Bottom