IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

It's cool, the mods keep you safe on here, I know. You stay postin gifs and not knowing anything about the sport. But I'm gonna point it out every time. You a straight fraud. Everyone gonna know, on here or Twitter where there ain't no mods.

Hol up......how you know I got a family? Or that Nick Van Exel one of my favorite players? The ****?

A Spur fan postin nonstop about Tim Duncan in a Kobe thread, now speakin on me and what I can say on MY Twitter? Aiight, go ahead and check said Twitter now. Ain't no mods over there ***** get the message. Loud and perfectly clear.

You already loss. Im over here chillin you on twitter ranting. You a grown man with a family worried about a dude that lives 2000 miles away from you. Making threats you know you cant keep.

Grow up B.

This Guy :lol: by far my favorite poster on S&T

But Jordan is essentially a God. Kobe is never going to be better than Mike. Nobody honestly thinks he is. So it is understood that Jordan is the #1 SG of the last 20 years. So why even bring him up? Why state the obvious other than to rub it in the face and upset Kobe fans? I am just saying, what is the point?

Its 1 copied and pasted post in a 12 page thread, not that serious.

If dudes get mad over that, that's their problem.

For the sake of the thread Jordan is just another player that is better than Kobe.

Magic
Larry
Kareem
Hakeem
Jordan
Shaq
Wilt
Bill Russell
Duncan
Oscar Robertson

I got those 10 players ahead of Kobe (in terms of greatness, skill, impact, etc.) in no order.

Out of about 10 people that ranked Kobe in this thread, around 5 said he was top 5 (which is crazy IMO) and 2 posters said he was second best after Jordan...that's clear grounds for my opinion that he's overrated by many.

Heres a civil and educated thread where most of the poster had Kobe out of the top 10 greatest NBA players list. No troll, hating or idiot accusations.

http://hoops-nation.com/community/index.php?/topic/33755-where-does-kobe-bryant-rank-all-time/

But I guess you gotta expect these kind of responses on NIKEtalk.

Last edited:
Like others have said, its all subjective so lets just keep going in circles while rehashing old arguments like its making a difference.

To call a top 10 player overrated is foolish and troll status, once youre in top 10 territory you start splitting hairs and nitpicking to see who's better....not much seperates 5-10 it all depends on who you ask. So for you to run around on a Kobe is overrated crusade screams for attention, and congrats youve received 9 12 pages of it.

So a thread is civil an educated as long as it follows your point, go ahead with your propaganda fam its weak.

Just accept it, youre on that Overrated Kobe island with a handful of people and no amount of gifs, fg %'s, and copy and paste isnt going to change that.

Last edited:
Like others have said, its all subjective so lets just keep going in circles while rehashing old arguments like its making a difference.

To call a top 10 player overrated is foolish and troll status, once youre in top 10 territory you start splitting hairs and nitpicking to see who's better....not much seperates 5-10 it all depends on who you ask. So for you to run around on a Kobe is overrated crusade screams for attention, and congrats youve received 9 12 pages of it.

So a thread is civil an educated as long as it follows your point, go ahead with your propaganda fam its weak.

Just accept it, youre on that Overrated Kobe island with a handful of people and no amount of gifs, fg %'s, and copy and paste isnt going to change that.

Whatever you say, bro.

Someone saying Mayweather is a top 2 welterweight as opposed to a top 10 is not splitting hairs. There is a huge difference in rating when the list is that small. And there are only a few players to compare so its not that hard to objectively compare.

It's not about if the discussion goes my way but dudes were just screaming troll and idiot from the rip with out backing up their viewpoints.....like you are right now.

But you're a Lakers fan too (and a NY'er :x ) ..... say no more.

Last edited:
Its 1 copied and pasted post in a 12 page thread, not that serious.
If dudes get mad over that, that's their problem.
For the sake of the thread Jordan is just another player that is better than Kobe.
Magic
Larry
Kareem
Hakeem
Jordan
Shaq
Wilt
Bill Russell
Duncan
Oscar Robertson
I got those 10 players ahead of Kobe (in terms of greatness, skill, impact, etc.) in no order.
Out of about 10 people that ranked Kobe in this thread, around 5 said he was top 5 (which is crazy IMO) and 2 posters said he was second best after Jordan...that's clear grounds for my opinion that he's overrated by many.
Heres a civil and educated thread where most of the poster had Kobe out of the top 10 greatest NBA players list. No troll, hating or idiot accusations.
http://hoops-nation.com/community/index.php?/topic/33755-where-does-kobe-bryant-rank-all-time/
But I guess you gotta expect these kind of responses on NIKEtalk.
bill simmons (a celtic die hard) hates kobe and the lakers. the dude knows basketball. he has kobe at 8th. have you read the book of basketball? its a good read. i recommend it if you havent.

Whatever you say, bro.
Someone saying Mayweather is a top 2 welterweight as opposed to a top 10 is not splitting hairs. There is a huge difference in rating when the list is that small. And there are only a few players to compare so its not that hard to objectively compare.
It's not about if the discussion goes my way but dudes were just screaming troll and idiot from the rip with out backing up their viewpoints.....like you are right now.

Ahhh yes a good ole generalization because of my fav team and where i live, so original. You act as if youre above the frey but your typical response about my team and location show youre nothing more than a cornball like the rest of us. Such a classy and educated move, i wonder what hoopsnation thinks about that.

Notice is said 5-10 is where we start getting ticky tacky, very few people put him at #2 all time....most avg him about the top 10 mark so if you wanna start a riot with those few people go ahead but stop acting like the entire world has him at #2 behind mike.

Whatever you say, bro.

Ahhh yes a good ole generalization because of my fav team and where i live, so original. You act as if youre above the frey but your typical response about my team and location show youre nothing more than a cornball like the rest of us. Such a classy and educated move, i wonder what hoopsnation thinks about that.

Notice is said 5-10 is where we start getting ticky tacky, very few people put him at #2 all time....most avg him about the top 10 mark so if you wanna start a riot with those few people go ahead but stop acting like the entire world has him at #2 behind mike.

2j4812t.jpg

#BangBang

Deuce, Kobe has been an elite player for anywhere from 14-15 years. His first 2, certainly not, but from 99 on up to today, yeah. Give or take a year if you felt he was injured too much, or bad year, etc
CP1708, thank you for your response to my question.  I only asked because in this thread it was stated (and not by you from what I've seen) that Kobe has been an elite player for 17 years in the league.  While Kobe has been or still is an elite player, I wouldn't say he's been an elite player for all 17 years.  Thanks.
Kobe is a 25, 5 & 5 player fortunate enough to play in the media age, with the greatest NBA franchise, with the best ownership, with the greatest coach in NBA history, the most dominating player of his era and meet up against Eastern Conference teams that were merely Finals formalities (Pacers, 76ers, Orlando, Boston with an injured KG).

HE IS NOT ONE OF THE TOP 5 GREATEST PLAYERS IN NBA HISTORY.

And the fact that so many people think he is, is a testament to his "overratedness".
This is the single and most accurate statement in this thread.  Nothing else really needs to be said, and even if you feel it does, just keep reading that statement above in bold over and over again.................and then again.

Last edited:
Honestly ranking the top 10 players of all time is way to subjective to have a concrete list.  After you get past MJ being number 1, no ones list is the same.  I personally don't think Kobe is in the top 5 all time right now but when his career is over with, I wouldn't have a problem ranking him up there.  To say that you don't have him in the top 5 is understandable but to not even consider him in the top 10 and to be overrated when his career is over is hate.  Durability is a factor as well and to be 17 years in still considered one of the top players in the NBA speaks volumes.

I just don't get the logic of faulting a player for circumstances that are not controlled. You're dealing with alot of if's. There is no guarantee that you put any other player in Kobe's situation, that they would have the same impact and success. There's no evidence of that. Kobe being in his situation, with the players, management, etc could not have happened exactly the same way in any other scenario. You cannot discount the daily interactions that happened, whether during practice, outside of work, in game, etc. What people say is Kobe being gifted into a situation - many other players have been put into situations to succeed but never achieved anything. If anyone has read Malcolm Gladwells books - they would know through his research, none of these results could have been replicated in any situation, because it would have altered everything else that happened. Different games would have been won/lost. There would have been different player matchups. General managers of different teams would have made different trades because of matchups. Coaches would have altered their game plan. It just doesn't make sense to knock a guy down for his opportunities. You can overrate ANYONE if you go that route.

CP1708, thank you for your response to my question.  I only asked because in this thread it was stated (and not by you from what I've seen) that Kobe has been an elite player for 17 years in the league.  While Kobe has been or still is an elite player, I wouldn't say he's been an elite player for all 17 years.  Thanks.

This is the single and most accurate statement in this thread.  Nothing else really needs to be said, and even if you feel it does, just keep reading that statement above in bold over and over again.................and then again.
a lot of people with zero bball knowledge in this thread

This is one of the most inaccurate posts in this thread and should be ignored

a lot of people with zero bball knowledge in this thread

This is one of the most inaccurate posts in this thread and should be ignored

If it should be ignored then why did you quote it then? Just sayin

Based on that DWade= top 3 SG thread, most think Kobe is a Top 2 SG...

How you overrated when youre the 2nd best player EVER at your position...

and the person ahead of you is widely considered the GOAT?

laugh.gif
 at whats goin on in this thread

Back
Top Bottom