Is KD one of the few HUMBLE superstars (regardless of sport) out there?

DCAllAmerican wrote:
And while Durant is a Top 3 SF, I wouldn't call him a superstar. TO ME, a superstar is someone that a non-basketball fan will be able to identify. If Durant is walking through the mall in Bismark, nobody will know who he is.

That is just MY personal definition of superstar.

You would be right. Talent and production doesn't not make you a superstar.

DCAllAmerican wrote:
And while Durant is a Top 3 SF, I wouldn't call him a superstar. TO ME, a superstar is someone that a non-basketball fan will be able to identify. If Durant is walking through the mall in Bismark, nobody will know who he is.

That is just MY personal definition of superstar.

You would be right. Talent and production doesn't not make you a superstar.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I hope Durant ends up being Ryu to LeBron's Ken.

Ryu = Hard worker. Always looking for the next challenge. "Gets it."
Ken = Just wants to be great. Flashy. Wants the spotlight

I love the young dude
You're a geek.

I love the young dude
You're a geek.

Not one mention of this guy
?
ken-griffey-jr--picture-3.jpg

To be a superstar, you must
A. Be a great player
B. Be very popular among non basketball fans.
C. Draw while your team is on the road

Tim Duncan has never been a superstar to me. He is one of the best that has ever done it but., no, his brand doesn't span outside of his sport.
People I have been alive for that I would consider SUPERstars:

LeBron
Kobe
Shaq
Iverson
Magic
BArkley
Bird
Jordan

Maybe
KG
Wade

I might be missing someone, but based on MY definition of superstar, these people are the only ones that fit the bill

Also a superstar is a top road draw. Thunder and Spurs tickets are plentiful on Ticketmaster minutes before most of their road games.

A. Be a great player

Tim Duncan has never been a superstar to me. He is one of the best that has ever done it but., no, his brand doesn't span outside of his sport.

LeBron
Kobe
Shaq
Iverson
Magic
BArkley
Bird
Jordan

Maybe
KG
Wade

I might be missing someone, but based on MY definition of superstar, these people are the only ones that fit the bill

Also a superstar is a top road draw. Thunder and Spurs tickets are plentiful on Ticketmaster minutes before most of their road games.

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

I love the young dude
You're a geek.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

I love the young dude
You're a geek.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

KD is special.

Things that made me like KD...

-He demanded his signature shoe would be affordable
-shops for clothes at walmart
-sleeps on air mattress at friends apartment while working out and taking summer classes at Texas
-he was at the draft greeting his teams draft picks(I am pretty sure he has been there every year)
-sitting on the bench during summer league games(which superstar does that???)
-embracing playing in a small market
-oh yeah, and his game.

I wish nothing but the best for the kid.

SIDENOTE: I wonder if this news will affect lebron's decision...
I'm not buying this
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

KD is special.

Things that made me like KD...

-He demanded his signature shoe would be affordable
-shops for clothes at walmart
-sleeps on air mattress at friends apartment while working out and taking summer classes at Texas
-he was at the draft greeting his teams draft picks(I am pretty sure he has been there every year)
-sitting on the bench during summer league games(which superstar does that???)
-embracing playing in a small market
-oh yeah, and his game.

I wish nothing but the best for the kid.

SIDENOTE: I wonder if this news will affect lebron's decision...
I'm not buying this
smh.gif

A. Be a great player

LeBron
Kobe
Shaq
Iverson
Magic
BArkley
Bird
Jordan

Maybe
KG
Wade

idiot.

A. Be a great player

LeBron
Kobe
Shaq
Iverson
Magic
BArkley
Bird
Jordan

Maybe
KG
Wade

idiot.

Again, based on my definition of superstar, TD isn't a superstar by any stretch. He is the best PF of all time, but superstardom exceeds just your production.

I question Wade because Miami has come to the Verizon Center many times and the arena is half empty. His ability to draw isn't on par with the other folks I deemed superstars. But as I look at the attendance #'s, Wade's Heat are up there. I didn't know he drew as much as he did. I stand corrected with Wade.

A superstar sells out on the road. Point blank. Which is also why I didn't include Minnesota's KG.

I am NOT calling these players non-excellent players. I am combining skill, popularity, and drawing ability.

Wade doesn't even sell out his own arena.

Again, based on my definition of superstar, TD isn't a superstar by any stretch. He is the best PF of all time, but superstardom exceeds just your production.

I question Wade because Miami has come to the Verizon Center many times and the arena is half empty. His ability to draw isn't on par with the other folks I deemed superstars. But as I look at the attendance #'s, Wade's Heat are up there. I didn't know he drew as much as he did. I stand corrected with Wade.

A superstar sells out on the road. Point blank. Which is also why I didn't include Minnesota's KG.

I am NOT calling these players non-excellent players. I am combining skill, popularity, and drawing ability.

Wade doesn't even sell out his own arena.

I question Wade because Miami has come to the Verizon Center many times and the arena is half empty
Best believe champ, if Wade didn't play those games in Verizon Center it would be completely empty instead of half empty.

I question Wade because Miami has come to the Verizon Center many times and the arena is half empty
Best believe champ, if Wade didn't play those games in Verizon Center it would be completely empty instead of half empty.

Miami was 4th in road attendance last season. Behind LA, Cleveland, and Boston. I'd say that puts Wade in superstar realm...based on your criteria.

Fool I know that. The point I was making is he doesn't draw in DC. That is why I was shocked to see the Heat average 19K on the road. I went to 3 Heat games in the last 2 years and the arena has never been more than 75% full. But as I said, he must draw more in other places.

I know the Verizon Center has been empty these past two years.

Fool I know that. The point I was making is he doesn't draw in DC. That is why I was shocked to see the Heat average 19K on the road. I went to 3 Heat games in the last 2 years and the arena has never been more than 75% full. But as I said, he must draw more in other places.

I know the Verizon Center has been empty these past two years.

Back
Top Bottom