Is Kanye's "Big Brother" corny??

so its ok for lil wayne to dedicate songs to micheal phelps and kobe bryant though right?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by KingRamey

so its ok for lil wayne to dedicate songs to micheal phelps and kobe bryant though right?
eyes.gif
the moods of those songs are completely different.

36 OUNCES wrote:
Originally Posted by Master Zik

I never liked anything about this song other than the beat.

Pretty much...How a man can dedicate a entire song to another man that is not even deceased is beyond me.
"people never get the flowers while they can still smell them" It does have it's corny lines but dudes just paying homage. Yall seeit as d riding but with out Jay where would Ye be? I don't think it's a great song but it aint all that bad to me either. But then again I actuallylisten to last call all the way through cause I enjoy this story so maybe it's just me

It's not a great song but I liked it, he had to get that out his system.

Maybe Jay did alot more for Kknaye than we all know (please no gay references)

airmaxpenny1 wrote:
If it wasn't about Jay I would feel the song. I feel the premise of the song, and there are some lines in the song that are great, "If you admire somebody you should go on 'head tell 'em
People never get the flowers while they can still smell 'em." My whole thing is that Jay wasn't even the one who believed him, Dame was. Dame was the one who pushed for him. I think if he had me this song about No ID or someone it would have been ill just not jay.
While that's true about Jay not even believing in him, with out Jay Ye wouldn't have gotten as far as he is now. Had those beats been onanother album it just wouldn't be the same. All elements were significant in Ye's rise and not only that in changing the game, that blue print albumliterally took hip hop in another direction. Real talk though Dame was crucial to so many monumental things in hip hop.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

eyes.gif
elaborate
Lil Wayne made those songs because both Phelps and Kobe said they liked listening to his music, so he offered to make pregame pump-up/workoutsongs for them. they're just hype songs about how good those athletes are in their respective sports... he didn't go into their personal life.

meanwhile Kanye's song was meant to be a heartfelt dedication to another rapper who is alive and married.

There ain't nothing wrong with deciating a song to a dude, y'all so scared of being labeld gay,smh.

wow this is one of my favorite songs on the graduation...but im just not realizing he says "my big brother was bigs brother use to be dame and bigsbrother" which is wack

you forgot to finish that dumb line, "translate Espanol, no way Jose"
Words can't express how much I hate that part..Seriously.

Song is corny but I still find [most of it] nice... nothing incredible. Weakest track on the album though.

It perpetuates the immense D sucking and slobbing on Jay-Z from the American people. To the point where you have Drake another rapper with a huge buzz saying,"I didn't cry when Pac died but I will when Jay-Z does." Further esculating the reverse cowgirl simping of Jay, where in affect people post"I will cry when Jay-Z dies" in their Facebook statuses and Twitter statuses.

Yes, the song is corny

If Jadakiss made a song like that for Styles P, he would immediatley be looked at as gay. But since Kanye has already made it cool for people to be fruitysimps than its fine.
-The Juice

eyes.gif
elaborate
Lil Wayne made those songs because both Phelps and Kobe said they liked listening to his music, so he offered to make pregame pump-up/workout songs for them. they're just hype songs about how good those athletes are in their respective sports... he didn't go into their personal life.

meanwhile Kanye's song was meant to be a heartfelt dedication to another rapper who is alive and married.

well dont blame kanye for being able to actually make a song on topic cuz lil waynes didnt have $@!% to do with either one of them

what does him being alive/married have to do with anything?

yall are so damn narrow minded it doesnt make sense.

you guys are afraid to like something or do everything and anything in fear of being labeled "gay"

eyes.gif
grow up please

not corny at all. prob 20 years ahead of it's time, in all honesty.

hip hop fans have become accustomed to a culture where giving props to another man or showing your admiration for them is somehow "dickriding" or"corny". it's not. in all other musical genres, bands and artists do this.

definitely a dope song.

Originally Posted by Dapper D

I still like this song...

I think Jesus walks is much more cornier then this...
Yes, Jesus walks NOW has become corny. Because when Ye first dropped he was the conscious backpack righteous rapper. Now he is just a *!!+*%%%$.And his music is starting to represent that.
-The Juice

eyes.gif
elaborate
Lil Wayne made those songs because both Phelps and Kobe said they liked listening to his music, so he offered to make pregame pump-up/workout songs for them. they're just hype songs about how good those athletes are in their respective sports... he didn't go into their personal life.

well dont blame kanye for being able to actually make a song on topic cuz lil waynes didnt have $@!% to do with either one of them

you guys are afraid to like something or do everything and anything in fear of being labeled "gay"

eyes.gif
grow up please
indifferent.gif

dude seriously.

Ye did everything but suck Jay's shmeckle on that record. Oh man you are so grown up and evolved because you have a tolerance to a man making a love recordto a dude who only wanted him for beats, and nothing more.
laugh.gif

It's almost a crime now to be a man in America and point out the fruity activity in other males. Its just an observation, chill out.
I guess big brother was thinkin' a little different
And kept little brother at bay, at a distance
roll.gif
I hope every Thanksgiving dude puts Dame in his blessings
-The Juice

Originally Posted by YoungAnakin

not corny at all. prob 20 years ahead of it's time, in all honesty.
laugh.gif
20 years ahead

what other instances are there, where hip-hop fans called a song that was showing admiration corny?

OrenthalJames wrote:

If Jadakiss made a song like that for Styles P, he would immediatley be looked at as gay. But since Kanye has already made it cool for people to be fruity simps than its fine.
-The Juice

look at who you named. Styles P would never deserve a dedication from ANYONE

and jadakiss isnt nobody in the first place to make one

but thats NT logic for ya
ohwell.gif

I know when this song came out, a lot of yall was sayin "man Jay this, Jay that" on the account of what Ye said...now yall goin this direction...yallwierd.

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

eyes.gif
elaborate

eyes.gif
grow up please
Oh man you are so grown up and evolved because you have a tolerance to a man making a love record to a dude who only wanted him for beats, and nothing more.
laugh.gif
when did i say i was grown up or "evolved" ?

what does tolerance have to do with anything?

i dont like the song but at the same time that doesnt make him gay

i swear some of you guys make somewhat good points

but others need to just shut the *%!+ up cuz you sound dumb, homophobic and immature

Back
Top Bottom