Is it Time to Revisit What the MVP Actually Means?

Had a Convo with my dad about this last night. We both agreed that there needs to be a more defined criteria. He brought up a good point though. I've been with the train of thought that it should go to the player who is most valuable player to the team. That's why theirs been discussion about other players deserving the reward. At any rate my dad suggested what if its the most valuable player to the league. Thought about it, and no one is more valuable to the league then Lebron at the moment. If he got hurt, guarantee their would be a significant decrease in playoff interest etc from the casual fans perspective. Not trying to open a can of worms, but people saying refs protecting him and what not. From a business perspective, who wouldn't protect their most valuable asset.

So when you put things at a league level, I don't think it's even close when discussing who the MVP is.

Honestly I don't think Lebron does much for the ratings. The ratings would be same as having a Melo led Knicks vs a Durant led Thunder meet in the NBA Finals.

As long you don't have 2 small market teams without superstars..... you're fine

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom