Is it just me.... or is "Over" one of the worst songs you've ever heard?

I wasn't expecting anything ground-breaking or extra creative. It's great for what it's supposed to be. I mess with it. 

i love everything about this song.........minus the words

c'mon now, this joint is super duper weak sauce........10 bar hooks, and only 2 verses?!? not to mention.....bruh dont even rhyme, not once, in the hook
its just a whole bunch of swagged out nothing that sounds good to someone on the outside looking in

edit: my b....he does rhyme ONCE in the hook: who the f are yall; i just cant remember it all
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I hated it at first, then I liked it for a little bit, but now I don't like it that much anymore. It's just.....boring.

I agree. The verses are trash. Catchy hook and beat, though, which is pretty much all you need to make waves in the game. Mission accomplished.

Been sayin' this since it dropped. Some of y'all just ride him too hard, no gonna say names though.

Finally somebody says it. I think the song is complete trash Drake is definitely capable of a lot better especially for his lead single.

Nah. Drake aint saying much but the beat is good, and I actually like Drake on the hook.

!$%$ wit ya'll talking. I think because it's a Drake song ya'll feel the need to criticize it to the third degree. Same !$!@ ya'll do with Jay-Z on here.

I mean honestly...it's a regular/typical club track. Why ya'll _'s acting like it's supposed to rival Beethoven's finest work is beyond me.

song is really good but i am expecting a different kinda vision for his album. if it's a generic 2010 young money/radio friendly type of album, I will be disappointed.

I'm sorry but i'll always hold him to the So Far Gone standard of pretty much game-changing type of stuff

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Why ya'll _'s acting like it's supposed to rival Beethoven's finest work is beyond me.

I'm saying though
laugh.gif

Post Title: "Is it just me...or is Drake's "Over" NOT Mozart"

"I'M SORRY GUIZ, BUT I HEARD DRAKE'S NEW SONG CALLED 'OVER' AND IT'S ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. WHY IS THE WORDS ON THE HOOKS SO BAD? AND WHY DOES HE DO THAT ON THE VERSES? ANYWAYS, IT'S SAD THAT THIS MUSIC ISN'T MOZART SO SINCE IT'S NOT COMPARABLE TO IT, I'M GONNA CALL IT ONE OF THE WORST SONGS EVER." (c) NTer

That song is amazing, that beat is amazing. %$$% is soo soulful....THOSE DRUMS, THOSE STRINGS.....I was in the whip and that was the only song that was being played last weekend, had that %$$% on repeat.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

*Waits for a #+%!+%# NTer "you're Canadian, though"*
smh.gif

Yeah it sucks.

Straight up.Listen to the verses and tell me it's hot, seriously. Post the lyrics to the verses and read them, and argue with me that it's a good song.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

I like it, a lot.

It's going to be hard to top 'Best I Ever Had' as a single though. Sucks they keep pushing the damn album back.

Co-signing this...

+

Great first single & #1 on 106&Park
glasses.gif

I dig it but personally I think the beat is 20% wack. The 20% being the weird "ting ting ting ting ting" bell thing going on during the verse, annoying as #**@ and if you listen to it with headphones on theres some weird $!!* going on in the right headphone that sounds like someone hammering a board during the verse. Drop that $!!* and its a sick beat.

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

That song is amazing, that beat is amazing. %$$% is soo soulful....THOSE DRUMS, THOSE STRINGS.....I was in the whip and that was the only song that was being played last weekend, had that %$$% on repeat.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

*Waits for a #+%!+%# NTer "you're Canadian, though"*
smh.gif

you're from Scarborough, though

I think its a hot song but its one of Drake's weaker songs. Drake was going for commercial appeal with the record but damn the lyrics are garbage. And if it was Gucci I wouldn't say anything but to me Drake is capable of so much better lyrically. There's a way to have catchy lyrics without completely dumbing it down. That's why i'm a fan of Drizzy. But damn. If it wasn't for Boi 1 Da that song would get NO PLAY from me.

i hate how the beat sounds exactly like forever on the verses... boi 1nda does that @#$# too damn much...

Back
Top Bottom