Is it just me, or do yall get annoyed when GIRLS talk SPORTS?!

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I have a problem with people who don't know what they're talking about.

S & T must drive you wild
laugh.gif
Why are you here again? Swear I only see you making disparaging comments about this board. Yet, I've never seen you make a post of any substance. Funny how that works. 

I think you have me confused with someone else, if not then you're mistaken if you take my comments as disparaging. Let me guess, you're "that guy" who chimes in every sports topic with vast amounts of sports knowledge. More than anything my comment hit a sensitive spot with you for some reason or another. I haven't been here long, but it doesn't take years to realize how some people here speak on topics they have no real knowledge about.

laugh.gif
Why are you here again? Swear I only see you making disparaging comments about this board. Yet, I've never seen you make a post of any substance. Funny how that works. 

I think you have me confused with someone else, if not then you're mistaken if you take my comments as disparaging. Let me guess, you're "that guy" who chimes in every sports topic with vast amounts of sports knowledge. More than anything my comment hit a sensitive spot with you for some reason or another. I haven't been here long, but it doesn't take years to realize how some people here speak on topics they have no real knowledge about.

I'm not that guy. I'm also not the guy who comes into threads just to say how dumb people are. That's all you do around here. It's quite sad especially when you don't actually say anything substantial and don't post that often. Yet, when you do, it's nothing productive. I'll dig up examples if you want me too. 

laugh.gif

I'm not that guy. I'm also not the guy who comes into threads just to say how dumb people are. That's all you do around here. It's quite sad especially when you don't actually say anything substantial and don't post that often. Yet, when you do, it's nothing productive. I'll dig up examples if you want me too. 

my ex girl loved soccer, my girl really knew her stuff. I $*%@+#@ loved her.

current girl, not so much.

but arguing with a female is the same as arguing with an 'el tri' supporter, its pointless.

my ex girl loved soccer, my girl really knew her stuff. I $*%@+#@ loved her.

current girl, not so much.

but arguing with a female is the same as arguing with an 'el tri' supporter, its pointless.

I absolutely hate girls who think a player is cute then all of a sudden start talking like they're real fans. Pisses me off!

I absolutely hate girls who think a player is cute then all of a sudden start talking like they're real fans. Pisses me off!

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by Noskey

No. I get annoyed when someone who doesnt know sports tries to talk sports. I could care less if it's a girl or a guy.
This, but in most cases it's women with me. Don't know if it's because in 2011, sports is at such a height in different phases of media/social media/celebrity that some women try to get into sports to feel "in", but it's annoying.

Agree with this.  And I think it is kind of a new phenomenon.  10 years ago when I was driving around L.A. on a Saturday or Sunday during football season, I didn't see a bunch of chicks standing outside of bars in team jerseys, but its been common for a couple years now.  I guess my problem isn't really with the fact they're female, its that they're only into sports to be part of something they see as cool, like Diplomat said.  I have the same issue with dudes that only get into sports for that reason.  And, as someone who has lived in L.A. my whole life, I can say there are plenty of Laker "fans" -- both male and female -- that fit that discription.   

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by Noskey

No. I get annoyed when someone who doesnt know sports tries to talk sports. I could care less if it's a girl or a guy.
This, but in most cases it's women with me. Don't know if it's because in 2011, sports is at such a height in different phases of media/social media/celebrity that some women try to get into sports to feel "in", but it's annoying.

Agree with this.  And I think it is kind of a new phenomenon.  10 years ago when I was driving around L.A. on a Saturday or Sunday during football season, I didn't see a bunch of chicks standing outside of bars in team jerseys, but its been common for a couple years now.  I guess my problem isn't really with the fact they're female, its that they're only into sports to be part of something they see as cool, like Diplomat said.  I have the same issue with dudes that only get into sports for that reason.  And, as someone who has lived in L.A. my whole life, I can say there are plenty of Laker "fans" -- both male and female -- that fit that discription.   

I' not that guy. I'm also not the guy who comes into threads just to say how dumb people are. That's all you do around here. It's quite sad especially when you don't actually say anything substantial and don't post that often. Yet, when you do, it's nothing productive. I'll dig up examples if you want me too. 

I will humor you, please dig up anything you can find that supports your claim.

I' not that guy. I'm also not the guy who comes into threads just to say how dumb people are. That's all you do around here. It's quite sad especially when you don't actually say anything substantial and don't post that often. Yet, when you do, it's nothing productive. I'll dig up examples if you want me too. 

I will humor you, please dig up anything you can find that supports your claim.

Almost all the girls I know are bandwagon Laker fans. Definitely gets on my nerves when some of them post on FB stuff like "Watching my Kobe!!!" or some %+!! like that. No, Kobe isn't yours...and he wouldn't want you anyway because you're not a white girl.
There are a few that do know sports pretty well. There's a friend who follows it pretty closely, and my cousin in Taiwan actually knows a lot about the NBA, more than a lot of people do here.

Almost all the girls I know are bandwagon Laker fans. Definitely gets on my nerves when some of them post on FB stuff like "Watching my Kobe!!!" or some %+!! like that. No, Kobe isn't yours...and he wouldn't want you anyway because you're not a white girl.
There are a few that do know sports pretty well. There's a friend who follows it pretty closely, and my cousin in Taiwan actually knows a lot about the NBA, more than a lot of people do here.

Winged Wheel wrote:
DipsetGeneral wrote:
el producto79 wrote:
I doubt anyone here ever saw these 2 play, so it's a silly question.

Exactly.

At least some members have some sense.

Winged Wheel wrote:
I have a better question, how many of you watched either player play live? For those of you who did, your opinion is valued. For those of you who didn't but still give an opinion 
laugh.gif

Winged Wheel wrote:
Ricardo Malta wrote:
Idiot talking about racism but there are black voters too. Why didn't they vote for Vick then?

I'm glad I don't have to interact with any of you dudes in the real world. The @%%@ ya'll argue behind is down right ******ed and holds no real merit.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. The things I read on here from time to time are embarrassing.
Winged Wheel wrote:
Im Not You wrote:
IMO you dudes are SERIOUSLY blowing this out of proportion.

That's what NT does best 
laugh.gif

Winged Wheel wrote:
^ So NT let's ESPN's coverage of a player shape their opinion? I am sorry but that's beyond pathetic.

Winged Wheel wrote:
holdupstop23 wrote:
Vick, PENNINGTON?
Good God, NT'ers are dumb.

In the short amount of time I have been a member here, I am starting to think this as well.

Winged Wheel wrote:
Put em up wrote:
laugh.gif
 thats what im saying...dudes talking reckless like Jordan wasnt that dude back then. His face was everywhere back in the day and women treated him like he looked like Denzel...i will never understand women infaturation for Denzel. But yea he was that dude.

Nike Talk is compiled of mostly kids who weren't born or were toddlers when Jordan reigned. I remember how cool he was, don't know what the hell he is thinking nowadays when he gets dressed 
laugh.gif

Winged Wheel wrote:
DipsetGeneral wrote:
el producto79 wrote:
I doubt anyone here ever saw these 2 play, so it's a silly question.

Exactly.

At least some members have some sense.

Winged Wheel wrote:
I have a better question, how many of you watched either player play live? For those of you who did, your opinion is valued. For those of you who didn't but still give an opinion 
laugh.gif

Winged Wheel wrote:
Ricardo Malta wrote:
Idiot talking about racism but there are black voters too. Why didn't they vote for Vick then?

I'm glad I don't have to interact with any of you dudes in the real world. The @%%@ ya'll argue behind is down right ******ed and holds no real merit.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. The things I read on here from time to time are embarrassing.
Winged Wheel wrote:
Im Not You wrote:
IMO you dudes are SERIOUSLY blowing this out of proportion.

That's what NT does best 
laugh.gif

Winged Wheel wrote:
^ So NT let's ESPN's coverage of a player shape their opinion? I am sorry but that's beyond pathetic.

Winged Wheel wrote:
holdupstop23 wrote:
Vick, PENNINGTON?
Good God, NT'ers are dumb.

In the short amount of time I have been a member here, I am starting to think this as well.

Winged Wheel wrote:
Put em up wrote:
laugh.gif
 thats what im saying...dudes talking reckless like Jordan wasnt that dude back then. His face was everywhere back in the day and women treated him like he looked like Denzel...i will never understand women infaturation for Denzel. But yea he was that dude.

Nike Talk is compiled of mostly kids who weren't born or were toddlers when Jordan reigned. I remember how cool he was, don't know what the hell he is thinking nowadays when he gets dressed 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

This,most girls I know have been Laker "fans" (mostly cause of Kobe,Lamar Kardashian) for the past 2 years. Some of them even like Boston too
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
cause they think a certain player is "cute". The only football game they watch is the SuperBowl and they root for whoever their favorite rapper is rooting for(Steelers cause of Wiz Khalifa) 
indifferent.gif
I don't even try arguing with them cause it's pointless 
30t6p3b.gif

I appreciate when a girl is taking up a similar interest but when they're just going for whatever everyone else is going for it's pretty annoying.

eek.gif
eek.gif

a lot of truth this post, fams...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

This,most girls I know have been Laker "fans" (mostly cause of Kobe,Lamar Kardashian) for the past 2 years. Some of them even like Boston too
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
cause they think a certain player is "cute". The only football game they watch is the SuperBowl and they root for whoever their favorite rapper is rooting for(Steelers cause of Wiz Khalifa) 
indifferent.gif
I don't even try arguing with them cause it's pointless 
30t6p3b.gif

I appreciate when a girl is taking up a similar interest but when they're just going for whatever everyone else is going for it's pretty annoying.

eek.gif
eek.gif

a lot of truth this post, fams...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

None of that supports your claim. Funny how you seem to really get upset about my opinion on certain subjects. Thanks for being a fan because I didn't know who you were until today. Thanks for putting the effort into caring what I think.

None of that supports your claim. Funny how you seem to really get upset about my opinion on certain subjects. Thanks for being a fan because I didn't know who you were until today. Thanks for putting the effort into caring what I think.

I have a good memory. Trust, I don't follow you around. Your posts seem to find the threads I enter. Keep characterizing NT and S&T even though you are relatively new. We already have an established member who hates on most NTers (insert your favorite USC grad here). No need to have two people vying for the same role.
happy.gif

I am not hating on anyone when I voice my opinion here and the reason I reference NT or S & T is because I don't care to remember the names of the members that make absurd comments. I have a great memory about things that are relevant in the real world. I don't take things on message boards as serious as you appear to. If I offended you with my stance on things enough for you to call me out and dig up things I have said, well I really can't do nothing for you. Why don't you do us both a favor and ignore my comments from here on out. I will keep doing me and you can keep doing you.

I have a good memory. Trust, I don't follow you around. Your posts seem to find the threads I enter. Keep characterizing NT and S&T even though you are relatively new. We already have an established member who hates on most NTers (insert your favorite USC grad here). No need to have two people vying for the same role.
happy.gif

I am not hating on anyone when I voice my opinion here and the reason I reference NT or S & T is because I don't care to remember the names of the members that make absurd comments. I have a great memory about things that are relevant in the real world. I don't take things on message boards as serious as you appear to. If I offended you with my stance on things enough for you to call me out and dig up things I have said, well I really can't do nothing for you. Why don't you do us both a favor and ignore my comments from here on out. I will keep doing me and you can keep doing you.

To find a woman who's genuinely interested in sports has been hard for me and i didnt mind when they weren't interested in sports.
I do hate when girls watch sports and try to talk to me about it on some "Did you see the game? _____ is cute". 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

My girl is a Lakers fan and she knows bball and used to play so her and I go back and forth since I'm a Knicks fan. Got me tix to the Knicks/Hornets game on March 2nd for CMas 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

To find a woman who's genuinely interested in sports has been hard for me and i didnt mind when they weren't interested in sports.
I do hate when girls watch sports and try to talk to me about it on some "Did you see the game? _____ is cute". 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

My girl is a Lakers fan and she knows bball and used to play so her and I go back and forth since I'm a Knicks fan. Got me tix to the Knicks/Hornets game on March 2nd for CMas 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom