Is Heaven Even An Attractive Vacation Spot Or.........

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

DC. your missing the point.. entertainment etc these are worldly desires. Seeing God being in His presence someone you have worshiped your whole life and had faith in him..is that not the greatest entertainment in the world the greatest joy any Believer can have? Think on a higher plane the things you enjoyed on your earthly life will be nothing compared to your Heavenly life..not just sitting on the streets made of Gold in the fettle position all day.
I can't imagine that being the case honestly.
laugh.gif

But I do understand the worldly desires point. Thanks.
For most Believers it is..but yea no prob. i like your blog my N

DC. your missing the point.. entertainment etc these are worldly desires. Seeing God being in His presence someone you have worshiped your whole life and had faith in him..is that not the greatest entertainment in the world the greatest joy any Believer can have? Think on a higher plane the things you enjoyed on your earthly life will be nothing compared to your Heavenly life..not just sitting on the streets made of Gold in the fettle position all day.
laugh.gif

For most Believers it is..but yea no prob. i like your blog my N
Most believers tell other believers things like this so they can all fit in with one another.. in actuality most people with free will don't want to exercise it in servitude. Be real. Most God fearing people are doing just that and not much more.... they obey His might. So they think saying suck up phrases like "All I ever want to do is serve you, Mr. Almighty"  is what will appease Him..

I assume God is like any other Boss. HE doesn't care if you enjoy doing what he put you here for as long as you do it. And the apple polishers are probably irking him more than anything. No one likes a kiss %!$..

laugh.gif

I can see that point of view for certain people. Being that they've put their faith into God and devoted themselves to Him their whole lives, finally being in his presence and proving that all that dedication was not in vain would be an understandable end goal.

As for me, my faith is not as devout so that wouldn't be my ultimate gratification. I honestly haven't thought about the concepts of Heaven or Hell in a while, so I'm not sure how I would factor them into my own views. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it..

It was just hard for me to remember that the things done on earth won't be the same things that spirits want to do.

So do spirits understand boredom? Do you think?

Yea I don't think even die-hard religious dudes WANT to sit and worship all day, but we have to remember we are basing this off of their earthly state of mind.

Originally Posted by theekinqq

hmm i never thought about this.i guess i always wanted to go to heaven because my teacher told me in hell you would be in constant pain and torment. maybe its just to scare us in order to live a good life. i mean if the government came out with proof that god didnt exsist therfore there is no heaven or hell then eveyone would go crazy murdering raping stealing. the world would be a very dangerous place. but who knows..

why do u think religion was created in the first place.
its a way to have control of a populace.

We don't really know what really happens but I'd like to be reincarnated. Let's say you live a good life and just had bad luck and never got to do what you wanted to while you were alive. Now you're born again and you don't remember your past life but this time around you have a better experience for being a good person in your last life. The same would go for a person who was given better opportunities but was a bad person, now they would come back and have a tougher life. It just seems like that would be kind of fair. If anyone has a chance you should google The Egg, its a short story on another theory of what happens when you die. Its a pretty good read

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

Heaven has always seemed UBER boring ever since I was a little kid....... but....Hell is hot.. and I'm too dark for that. And thus, I used to base my faith oin a fear of hell and not so much a lust for heaven. Heaven's NEVER been my ideal atmosphere... not even when I believed as a kid that it was just above the fluffiest cloud. It always seemed gay and placid. I like everything they don't have in heaven. @$%% a harp, milk, and gold. I want bass drums, jager, and diamonds. It takes heat to form diamonds. I hate how Heaven is described like the ultimate Florida Old folk home... perfect weather... golf.. the works.. If the nature of temptation is everything we low key want to do, and the destination for the temptes isn't heaven.. that means heaven is low key boring as hell. Unless of course hell isn't boring at all...
nerd.gif
... let m find out hell isn't hot at all and that that was just a slander campaign to promot one night club over the other... Hell prolly got drink specials, a dance floor, ALL the loose women... yo I didn't read your OP DC, but I can imagine that's just the sort of realistic honest answer you haven't gotten much of yet..
roll.gif
pimp.gif
@ this entire post

this is why i *%$#* with you nh

and how will we be able to feel the torment and pain if our physical body is dead? (I already have my own answer I just want to hear others)

I'm pretty sure you are stripped of all memories/feelings from your days in the flesh if you go up there.

Don't think so if you go down there though.

Some hilarious thoughts in here too
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 18th letter

and how will we be able to feel the torment and pain if our physical body is dead? (I already have my own answer I just want to hear others)

I thought you only get a "new body" if you go to Heaven

The thought of Heaven/Hell makes no sense IMO.

I will get flamed, but why can't I believe in Santa Claus and the North Pole?

Originally Posted by toast1985

I won't embed this clip, but this speaks to OP's point perfectly:

Came in here to post this.

"Now if you act bad, you go to hell. You've lied, you've cheated, you've stole, you've been a prick your entire life. Why would the devil punish you?... you're one of his boys...that's where all the hookers and drugs are gonna be.

You dont think God's gonna open the gate and say 'Jim you've been such a good guy, see this big ****** $*!%# with a line of coke on her? knock yourself out"

roll.gif
kind of makes you think.

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

roll.gif
kind of makes you think.

I mean, yeah if your IQ is low...

Not that I'm picking sides cuz I've already said my say, but it's not like the Devil created Hell (according to the bible), he's just the first person to be punished there. It's not his realm.. it's gen. pop. and they gave him 25 to eternity. You're just the new guy on the block..

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Originally Posted by toast1985

I won't embed this clip, but this speaks to OP's point perfectly:

Came in here to post this.

"Now if you act bad, you go to hell. You've lied, you've cheated, you've stole, you've been a prick your entire life. Why would the devil punish you?... you're one of his boys...that's where all the hookers and drugs are gonna be.

You dont think God's gonna open the gate and say 'Jim you've been such a good guy, see this big ****** $*!%# with a line of coke on her? knock yourself out"

roll.gif
kind of makes you think.

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
that video is too funny

"oh hey there uncle that use to touch me...............................................hey how'd you get up here? oh right, you use to work for the church"

In Heaven
Everything is fine

In Heaven
Everything is fine

In Heaven
Everything is fine
You got your good thing
And I've got mine

Like said before your spirit and flesh are 2 different things. What might be "fun" to you flesh wise might not be good for your soul. Whats good for your soul may be undesirable to your flesh.

BOTTOM74BOTTOM I feel like we got the same beliefs my dude. I feel everything you posted

How can you guys believe in Heaven or Hell?
Why not believe in santa too, or the tooth fairy.
Religion is a joke, it was made by people like you and me.
The bible is fiction.
We evolved from single-cell organisms, not Adam and Eve.

If that version of heaven is worshipping "god" for eternity, then the version with 72 virgins don't sound too bad minus the whole suicide bombing thing
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom