Is Heaven Even An Attractive Vacation Spot Or.........

does it just look better than the option of going to hell? The lesser or two "evils" almost.

Seriously think about it. What about being in Heaven seems attractive?

Tell me if I am wrong, but the idea of Heaven is that it is constant praise and devotion to God. Will we be able to do things that WE enjoy? Basketball, video games, riding bikes and looking at *******?

I asked a teacher in school this before and he said, "God has all of the latest video games." - I laughed at that because of the effort.

Speaking of *******, will sexual thoughts be stripped from everyone there? How would a man look at a woman in heaven and not want to suck the skin off of her *******.

Will the feeling of boredom be stripped from everyone that is there because I can't see how anyone will enjoy doing.

Is anyone see what I am trying to say? Sorry if I didn't explain it the way it is running through my mind.

But my question is who WANTS to be in heaven and why? I just think it looks like a better option than hell which is why it is such a desired location.

Assuming they both really existed, Hell would be more fun because all the more fun people are there. The image created of floating around on a cloud playing a harp is not very attractive.

End of the day, you just rot in the ground so it's all immaterial.

hmm i never thought about this.i guess i always wanted to go to heaven because my teacher told me in hell you would be in constant pain and torment. maybe its just to scare us in order to live a good life. i mean if the government came out with proof that god didnt exsist therfore there is no heaven or hell then eveyone would go crazy murdering raping stealing. the world would be a very dangerous place. but who knows..

@ Kings

That is my point. I seems that nobody wants to go to heaven because of heaven but because they don't want to go to hell. So does that mean folks really WANT to go to heaven?

Sorry if I am stepping on anyone's toes, just trying to provoke thought here.

@ DazNasty

I thought folks wouldn't do what they want in hell? I thought it is constant pain and torture. So if that is the case folks wouldn't be able to have any fun like you say.

I have no idea wether Heaven or Hell exsists.

But I like Omega Point Theory about Heaven being a place or Universe that each person creates for themselves to fit their own idea of "paradise."

Regardless of all these theories of the afterlife, it just feels right to live life being a good person. And if there is a Heaven, hopefully I make it there, even if it is a place like OP describes. Because considering the common theory of Heaven, the common theory of Hell doesn't sound fun....

Originally Posted by Sighfur

But I like Omega Point Theory about Heaven being a place or Universe that each person creates for themselves to fit their own idea of "paradise."

Now I have always subscribed to that theory until someone asked me, "What if those things aren't OF Christ."

What if someone's paradise is sucking ******* and smacking fools over the head with baseball bats. How would that work. Legit question.
laugh.gif

Well, other than the "the streets are paved with god," and everybody you know who died is there somehow, the church never fabricated any image of what it's like in Heaven anyways. 24/7 church? floating on a cloud? shortage of chairs?

Then thats what their paradise would be. Because its YOUR paradise, everything and everyone is a figment.

However, if your idea of a good time is cracking skulls, do you even get the privledge to concieve this "paradise?"

I dunno man, I just know if I had a choice, i'd choose "Heaven" over "Hell"

the concept of heaven scares me quite a bit... does eternal life actually sound like a good thing? seriously, can you imagine NEVER dying?

laugh.gif
@ the effort of the teacher on those video games. i'd like to try his version of GTA.
laugh.gif

given that no one REALLY knows what comes after death, people have come up with different "theories" preached in various religions. note that "heaven" and "hell" is not limited to christianity. the greek mythology also have that concept, though in different names (forgot the specific terms). their underworld is not purely evil with hades ruling it, btw.
laugh.gif
some even think it was the basis for christianity's afterlife. i think this concept of "heaven" is just a motivation for everyone to live righteously. on the other hand, "hell" seems to be the punishment for "bad" people. it's not so bad since i think it helps SOME people morally.

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

the concept of heaven scares me quite a bit... does eternal life actually sound like a good thing? seriously, can you imagine NEVER dying?

- Exactly!  The whole concept of eternity terrifies me.  I don't think I would want to exist in any 'world' for eternity.  After a while it would inevitably seem wholly pointless/redundant; heck, maybe you would even look forward to whatever form of death was possible in that world simply to avoid the monotony.  I mean we're not talking 70-80 years, we're talking FOREVER
nerd.gif
sick.gif
nerd.gif
.  You could potentially interpret the concept of being trapped in a world for the rest of time as parallel to hell: physical trauma vs. mental trauma. 

-  Also, I'm not too keen on the idea of worshipping another being in perpetuity.  Is it possible to be endlessly in a state of bliss? 
tired.gif

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

LIVING FOREVER WOULD BE DOPE!

CAUSE SOONER OR LATER YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO LEAVE EARTH & TRAVEL ALL OVER THE UNIVERSE & WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE

also, how does eternal life coexist with the idea that the universe will eventually die (whether you subscribe to the "big chill" theory or the "big crunch")

in other words, let's say the universe ends in 30 billion years... and for argument's sake i've been in heaven for 30 billion years (i.e. eternal life)... when the universe ends, do we finally end?

Plus, you don't age in Heaven, you go as you where when you passed. Which creates the question, what if you died as a child or as a really old person and therefore couldn't be independent? What are all the babies who go to heaven doing? 90 year old grandmas who died as vegetables, or unable to live without constant support? Do they have their own area? Did God grant them back their continence?

according to my belief heaven is a place of eternal paradise. will we need video games and basketball in heaven? probably not. And if you want to go to hell because that's where everyone will be at then do you.

You are so stupid, how could there be an arguement between Heaven and Hell. You think Hell is chilling with your friends playing Fifa? Hell is eternal damnation and fire and torture the dvil is not hosting a super bowl party smt.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

You are so stupid, how could there be an arguement between Heaven and Hell. You think Hell is chilling with your friends playing Fifa? Hell is eternal damnation and fire and torture the dvil is not hosting a super bowl party smt.
Who are you referring to exactly?

If me, I think you misread any and everything I said if that is what you got from anything I typed.

Thank you for having sense.

Bammas been watching too much TV. Hell in the bible is described as torture, pain, despair, and hopelessness. I'll take heaven for 100, Alex.

Sex and desire are things of the flesh, spiritually you won't want to "suck the skin off *******"....
smh.gif

My-T.

^ So I am assuming you didn't read either. This wasn't a question of which would you pick between the 2. It was a question that asks is heaven absolutely attractive or is it relatively attractive compared to hell.

Sucking skin off of ******* was brought up since someone mentioned that the Omega Theory stated that everyone will have their OWN paradise. Meaning whatever makes YOU happy is what YOUR Heaven will be. So I asked, what will be the limits there. Sex, entertainment, etc.

Take more time to read before you respond in the future. Both of you.

Heaven has always seemed UBER boring ever since I was a little kid....... but....Hell is hot.. and I'm too dark for that. And thus, I used to base my faith oin a fear of hell and not so much a lust for heaven. Heaven's NEVER been my ideal atmosphere... not even when I believed as a kid that it was just above the fluffiest cloud. It always seemed gay and placid. I like everything they don't have in heaven. @$%% a harp, milk, and gold. I want bass drums, jager, and diamonds. It takes heat to form diamonds. I hate how Heaven is described like the ultimate Florida Old folk home... perfect weather... golf.. the works.. If the nature of temptation is everything we low key want to do, and the destination for the temptes isn't heaven.. that means heaven is low key boring as hell. Unless of course hell isn't boring at all...
nerd.gif
... let m find out hell isn't hot at all and that that was just a slander campaign to promot one night club over the other... Hell prolly got drink specials, a dance floor, ALL the loose women... yo I didn't read your OP DC, but I can imagine that's just the sort of realistic honest answer you haven't gotten much of yet..

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

^ So I am assuming you didn't read either. This wasn't a question of which would you pick between the 2. It was a question that asks is heaven absolutely attractive or is it relatively attractive compared to hell.

Sucking skin off of ******* was brought up since someone mentioned that the Omega Theory stated that everyone will have their OWN paradise. Meaning whatever makes YOU happy is what YOUR Heaven will be. So I asked, what will be the limits there. Sex, entertainment, etc.

DC. your missing the point.. entertainment etc these are worldly desires. Seeing God being in His presence someone you have worshiped your whole life and had faith in him..is that not the greatest entertainment in the world the greatest joy any Believer can have? Think on a higher plane the things you enjoyed on your earthly life will be nothing compared to your Heavenly life..not just sitting on the streets made of Gold in the fettle position all day.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

DC. your missing the point.. entertainment etc these are worldly desires. Seeing God being in His presence someone you have worshiped your whole life and had faith in him..is that not the greatest entertainment in the world the greatest joy any Believer can have? Think on a higher plane the things you enjoyed on your earthly life will be nothing compared to your Heavenly life..not just sitting on the streets made of Gold in the fettle position all day.

Hell mother #@!@#%% no..
laugh.gif
Entertinment is entertainment.. the only people who pretend servitude is entertainment are afraid of dying or dying twice..

Do you consider everything we do and feel here transcends other planes of reality and the ethereal?

Like your physical body and your thoughts?

I don't which is why this question doesn't provoke much thought in my case.

You're a soul that's guided toward either a place of leisure (heaven) or a place of torture (hell)

What's to think about?

I can't imagine that being the case honestly.
laugh.gif

But I do understand the worldly desires point. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom