Is Fred Taylor deserving of the Hall of Fame?

Even with all of the injuries, Fred Taylor has still managed to put up amazing numbers.
Injuries are what did him in, and unfortunately, excuses don't count when it comes to the HOF.

I really don't see him getting in, if he does it won't be for a long time. I don't think the yards argument is going to hold up, 1000 yards is tooeasy now. Remember we used to say, so and so is a 1000 yard rusher, today, 1000 yards is nothing. You have to look at a RB in relation to his era. Freddoesn't have the TDs and he doesn't have the visibility. He doesn't have any rings and he doesn't have any Pro Bowl appearances. He gets lotsof respect in inner circles but it's not Primetime and Jim Brown voting for the HOF, it's writers from all over the country. Name me a player who wasnever named to the Pro Bowl that is in the HOF, I just don't see it happening.

FT had 9 straight 100 yard games in 2000. As irrelevant as some of you might think that is, only Barry Sanders had more... In a 2-3 more seasons I would put FTahead of everybodys favorite loser Thurman Thomas. lol. HOF status for Fred is a stretch at this point just like Dunn, Tiki, etc. FT needs to finish thisseason off strong and MAYBE get to his first pro bowl. Then he needs a couple more good seasons to have a chance at HOF. MJD did wonders for Fred's career.A lot of you wouldnt know what it is like to get some pressure lifted off your shoulders but it rejuvenated FT a bit.

At this point? No. And that has nothing to do with what we think, rather what we know the voters will think.

in all seriousness, Fred Taylor is a shoe in for the hall of fame. and he has the respect of the old heads and all of his peers.

Jim Brown swears by him. I need to find the interview he had on NFL network. (someone help me out if you have it or have the link)

Deion Sanders even brought it up this week after the 80 yard run hilights.
Well, we still have a few years left for him to play, but.......Fred Taylor a "shoe in" for the HOF? That's crazy talk. Did you juststart paying attention to the voting process? You can say you think he stands a chance later on in his life (fair) but a shoe in is beyond absurd. Jim Brownand Neon can say all they want, they aren't the old boys who vote for these things.

For how consistently nice he's been (no doubt), he has very few 'sexy' stats. He's never finished in the Top 5 in rushing in any single season,he's only hit double digits in TD's twice, and he has no Super Bowl highlights. And he is going to have quite a few other backs pass him by in the nextdecade on the rushing list I'm sure.

That's not to say Taylor obviously hasn't been a great talent, we know what he brings.

wow... gunna mentions his name enough and now we finally get Fred Taylor week
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Big surprise with this forum

Jim Brown and Neon can say all they want, they aren't the old boys who vote for these things.
and to this, I give you Harry Carson and John Stallworth.

Both of whom were not HOF worthy, but their peers lobbied to get them in, and surprise what do you know, They get in.

Believe me, having the support of your peers and influential ones too is a huge plus in HOF Voting. and when Freddie T calls it quits, we'll see where hisnumbers fall.
wow... gunna mentions his name enough and now we finally get Fred Taylor week
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Big surprise with this forum

laugh.gif
what's funny is, I belive I pretty much go against the grain of whatmost heads in this forum think, esp when it comes to football. so I dunno how I would be an influence on someone. if anything, more people are likely to goagainst what I say.
the guy that made this thread is a Jaguar season ticket holder, I think that has more to do with him making this thread then me and my avy.

ps, if you can't tell, Fred is my favorite football player in the NO FUN LEAGUE
wink.gif
happy.gif

and to this, I give you Harry Carson and John Stallworth.

Both of whom were not HOF worthy, but their peers lobbied to get them in, and surprise what do you know, They get in.

Valid point, but Carson and Stallworth (and even guys like Monk) were Super Bowl winners and played all over the main stage. Thats the main reasonwhy they are always in guys' minds and are being lobbied for. I dunno, i have a hard time 15 years from now seeing people rising up in unison for FredTaylor's travesty of not getting in. Especially if we are, again, talking about a guy who never finished in Top 5 in a season and quite possibly never madea pro bowl (fair or not but that would be his resume).

At any rate, HOF voters are comical as it is. When i have to read the other day that Cris Carter might have a tough time getting in on 1st ballot I just haveto laugh. Then he'll be nearly unanimous the next year from the same voters
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
what's funny is, I belive I pretty much go against the grain of what most heads in this forum think, esp when it comes to football. so I dunno how I would be an influence on someone. if anything, more people are likely to go against what I say.

Dawg, "I co-sign with Gunna" is the official NT sports forum saying of 2007 - you got young midians all over this forum bro
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

am i dellusional or do i remember freddie just goin off in the playoffs against the dolphins like 8 years ago?

they won like 60-10 right? jags fans, enlighten me.

Yea, Fred ran Dan Marino and Jimmy Johnson up outta the NFL
laugh.gif

He had a 90 yard TD Run (Longest run in NFL playiff history)

and put together a series of streetfighter combo moves on a swing pass for another TD

laugh.gif

and put together a series of streetfighter combo moves on a swing pass for another TD
Thanks G... i had a feeling about this, they straight bumrushed the phins... that performance led me to pick him like every year in fantasy forthe next 4 years
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

laugh.gif

Thanks G... i had a feeling about this, they straight bumrushed the phins... that performance led me to pick him like every year in fantasy for the next 4 years
laugh.gif

Thank you guys for reminding me of this game. It was a pleasure to watch.
tired.gif

If Fred give me two more years like this and can maybe up his TD's as best he can, I think he could get in. No lock, but I think he belongs up there.

No...how many pro bowls has he made?
When has anyone ever said he was the best RB in the NFL?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

here comes his personal hype man in a sec

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah boooooooooooooooooy

tongue.gif

no he won't make the HOF. Even though they are playing different positions, look at the uphill battle Art Monk has had to face. Plus, was Fred Taylor the BEST in his era? I think guys like Curtis Martin and even Tiki Barber have a better chance than Fred.

here are the current HOF RB's....tell me if you think Fred belongs

Marcus Allen (RB) 1982-1997
Jim Brown (FB) 1957-1965
Earl Campbell (RB) 1978-1985
Larry Csonka (FB) 1968-1979
Eric Dickerson (RB) 1983-1993
Tony Dorsett (RB) 1977-1988
Frank Gifford (HB-FL) 1952-1960, 1962-1964
Franco Harris (RB) 1972-1984
Paul Hornung (HB) 1957-1962, 1964-1966
John Henry Johnson (FB) 1954-1966
Leroy Kelly (RB) 1964-1973
Ollie Matson (HB) 1952, 1954-1966
Hugh McElhenny (HB) 1952-1964
Lenny Moore (HB) 1956-1967
Marion Motley (FB) 1946-1953, 1955
Walter Payton (RB) 1975-1987
Joe Perry (FB) 1948-1963
John Riggins (RB) 1971-1979, 1981-1985
Barry Sanders (RB) 1989-1998
Gale Sayers (HB) 1965-1971
O.J. Simpson (RB) 1969-1979
Jim Taylor (FB) 1958-1967
Thurman Thomas 1988-2000
Charley Trippi (HB) 1947-1955
Doak Walker (HB) 1950-1955

that is a big list of some super stars..he isnt that good
eyes.gif

Curtis Martin, 10 straight 1,000 yard seasons and 4th all time in rushing
damn i didn't know dude was 4th all time!
eek.gif
he hadatleast a good 1 year left last year
and as for Fred Taylor, if he gets a ring, he's in for real. He's 31, and he's running past DB's still!
roll.gif
sick.gif

Grown man, i tells ya, grown%@!+ man
tired.gif

He's good but he aint gettin in the Hall. Neither is Bettis, Barber, or Martin. Those guys got numbers but right now everybody has numbers. The NFL istailored made for offensive production. None of the forementioned backs have a running style that seperates themselves to even be mentioned for the Hall.

Back
Top Bottom