Is A-Rod I mean A-Clutch / King of NY the greatest of all-time?

Until Pujols gets caught juicing, he's the best player hands down. Also, he has a WS ring, which is something that has eluded A-Rod thus far....let'ssee how the Yankees do vs. the Angels before calling someone the GOAT....

3 years ago hes getting roasted, 1 good series and hes being praised as the GOAT and renamed as a-clutch. what happened to a-fraud? In my op. hes been one ofthe greatest, to say he is the GOAT of all time is a bit much.

It's the fickleness of the average sports fan. And, I think A-Rod's the better all around player. As far as numbers are concerned, they're both onpace to have numbers that match anyone, but so was Griffey, so we have to wait and see.

Alex isn't considered the best in any particular category so I would hold off on anointing him with that title.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

It's the fickleness of the average sports fan. And, I think A-Rod's the better all around player. As far as numbers are concerned, they're both on pace to have numbers that match anyone, but so was Griffey, so we have to wait and see.
Why is A-Rod a better all around player? This may have been true if A-Rod was still a playing gold glove defense at short, and stealing 40 basesbut fact is the Yankees converted him to a below average third baseman, Pujols is the best baseball player int he league, and is the closest things to pre roidBonds we have ever seen, Pujols is feilds his position better and is most certainly a better hitter.

One good series and he's the "King of NY/GOAT?"

1. Jeter in NY >>>>>>>> A-Rod in NY
2. LeBron is probably more widely considered the King of NY than A-Rod

first of all the question is is Arod the GOAT...the answer is hell no

is Arod better than Pujols? He certainly has the better career and on the GOAT list as of right now, Arod is ahead...probably well ahead. It's close as towho is the best right now.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Until Pujols gets caught juicing, he's the best player hands down. Also, he has a WS ring, which is something that has eluded A-Rod thus far....let's see how the Yankees do vs. the Angels before calling someone the GOAT....

I hate wen people say steriods wen talkin about alex.. you are a fool to think that pujols isn't on the hgh train. Alex > pujols I'm sorry. Alex isgonna finish with 800 homers and also a psychic told me pujols is gonna break down in 3 years
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by queensfinest2002

A-Rod needs to stop settling with average women before I label him greatest.

HUDSON IS A HELL OF A BROAD...WHAT ARE YOU LOOKIN AT?

Anybody heard of babe ruth, mickey mantle, lou gehrig, willie mays, barry bonds? This man shouldn't even be considered goat right now.. how about 5 yearsafter he's retired. Calling him the best player in the game is no problem with me at all

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

I hate wen people say steriods wen talkin about alex.. you are a fool to think that pujols isn't on the hgh train. Alex > pujols I'm sorry. Alex is gonna finish with 800 homers and also a psychic told me pujols is gonna break down in 3 years
laugh.gif
And he's gonna have the same asterisk next to his name that Bonds has. And if you want me to believe that Pujols used, then you better believeA-rod used since high school.

Again, No player that has cheated can be considered.

Ichiro > A-rod.

I hate wen people say steriods wen talkin about alex.. you are a fool to think that pujols isn't on the hgh train. Alex > pujols I'm sorry. Alex is gonna finish with 800 homers and also a psychic told me pujols is gonna break down in 3 years
laugh.gif
You stay saying the stupidest +%#+. I swear every reply I have ever read that you have written has been straight ******ed
laugh.gif

Pujols is the best player in baseball right now, but A-Rod in his prime > *.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Pujols is the best player in baseball right now, but A-Rod in his prime > *.
grin.gif
When do you consider his prime?

His Texas days are the only time you can really make a plausible case for that, which we know are roided and even if I ignore that A-Rod is most certainly nota better hitter than Albert.

Ill Take 1992 Barry Bonds over both.
pimp.gif

Pujols and it's not particularly close.

He homers more often, walks more often, and strikes out much less often than A-Rod.

[table][tr][td]Career
[/td] [td]HR% (per AB)[/td] [td]Walk% (per PA)[/td] [td]Strikeout% (per AB)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Albert Pujols[/td] [td]7.1%[/td] [td]13.3%[/td] [td]11.1%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Alex Rodriguez[/td] [td]7.0%[/td] [td]11.0%[/td] [td]20.9%[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

grin.gif
When do you consider his prime?
When he was an elite defensive SS hitting .300+ with 40+ bombs, 120+ RBI and runs and swiping 15-20 bags a year...

Albert may well be a better hitter, but what Alex Rodriguez did from the SS position at the peak of his career was and always will be more valuable to abaseball team than what Pujols does from first base, no matter how well he plays defensively there...

Originally Posted by Never Seen B4

laugh.gif
You stay saying the stupidest +%#+. I swear every reply I have ever read that you have written has been straight ******ed
laugh.gif

Who are you?

If your guys wanna really get technical I would take manny in his "prime" over both of these guys

Back
Top Bottom