Is $18k too much for a 1996 Impala SS?

laugh.gif
 people calling this car a classic 
found pics of the clown in my hood 

StillIn729 wrote:
oh well still something you'd see someone do with an Impala

roll.gif
Too much real life ! 

Except its usually Caprices with the junkfood/sodapop paint jobs, same body though. We have SOOOOO many cars painted like this here in KC. Not my style, but I cant help checking them out when I see them on the road or in a parking lot
laugh.gif

If this car isn't a classic to you , you are probably not into cars , to young to remember or into foreign cars..... Dudes posting Oldsmobiles .. SMDH

Originally Posted by cguy610

roll.gif
At these responses. (96 impala? too old, get a used M3)� Some of ya'll know absolutely nada about cars

I'll admit I'm not sure what the 96 impala's are going for right now but last I checked like 7 years ago, they were in the 16-20K range.� Not sure right now though.� Classic car though

what is there to know about this car? it's got a whopping 230 hp and does 0-60 in a blazing 7.2 seconds...so not only does it not look appealing, but it's obviously not impressive performancewise. sure some hood boogers made songs about this car, but that doesn't mean it automatically becomes a classic car. it's just hyped by some people, because they don't have the ability to dream bigger and better. hell, if you don't want a used german car from the past few years...then you can get a 2007/2008 dodge charger with the hemi for around 18k.

For a car not to be a classic it sure is holding its value pretty well...hood boogers ain't got $&@? To do with Kelley's blue book...... Wanna see the value on those chargers 15 years from now..... Don't say it's not a classic , just say you don't like it.... I can respect that

The 96 impala is a classic, some of yall just don't understand and just come in bashing thinking this is just some caprice,

It's just like how dudes are importing skylines piece by piece if you're not in that car culture you would think it's crazy, but to them that car means something to them

And stop trying to downplay this has a hood car,

Monte Carlo ss, Grand nationals el Caminos, and other gbodys have huge followings from people of all races.

Just look at the prices of Grand nationals on Ebay, the hood ain't holding the value that high

*#%### drop 5k on and some nike moon boots scoffing at an American classic
laugh.gif

Down here in Texas dudes get killed for swangaz 84's run about 3k for a set , plus some good vogues thats about 4500 just in wheels alone....

Down here if you do it right , you get your car souped up and have it mechanically sound before you do other things to do it.

Thats what i am doing to my cadillac deville , i am putting some money into it to get it running extra right , then i am going to do the other stuff.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

laugh.gif
Little do you know, this "clown" probably has an endorsement deal. I ran into a guy with an M&M Buick, asked him why did he do this and he said he had an endorsement deal with Mars Inc. I don't remember how much money was involved but he also told me got to eat all the candy he wanted because he even had his back seats packed with cases of Twix, M&M's, Skittles and Snickers.

^ yup there is a guy around my way with a 85 2 door caprice on 24 iroc wheels.

dude has dr pepper on his car.

they pay for his gas and give him free soda....

Stillin is a clown , dude wears a size 40 jersey that should tell you how frail son is.....

Bottom line is Old white cats love this car, young dudes , and its every pac mans dream to have one...

i would not mind having a bubble chevy..........

32216780001_large.jpg

21199780041_large.jpg

I could pull up in dallas or my aunts house off 145th and broadway and dudes , and birds would break necks... esp with some ingnant loud down south rap bangin
laugh.gif

if you got the cash pull da trigger for 15 K .

Originally Posted by polorico

Down here in Texas dudes get killed for swangaz 84's run about 3k for a set , plus some good vogues thats about 4500 just in wheels alone....

Down here if you do it right , you get your car souped up and have it mechanically sound before you do other things to do it.

Thats what i am doing to my cadillac deville , i am putting some money into it to get it running extra right , then i am going to do the other stuff.

What kind of plans do you have for your Deville ?  Any engine mods ?

Ive got a couple of  Northstar's myself (Eldo's), its always nice to see what other owners are doing with their cars.  

Originally Posted by AJMasta

Originally Posted by StillIn729

laugh.gif
Little do you know, this "clown" probably has an endorsement deal. I ran into a guy with an M&M Buick, asked him why did he do this and he said he had an endorsement deal with Mars Inc. I don't remember how much money was involved but he also told me got to eat all the candy he wanted because he even had his back seats packed with cases of Twix, M&M's, Skittles and Snickers.
yeah I don't care what you paid me I am not painting my car to look like a hood Nascar whip

Don't confuse the Imp with the Caprice. Throw some IROCS on an Imp
pimp.gif
 Not mine. 

A while back I seen some dude at McDonald's, Car was red with yellow (McDonald's sings' all over the car) sitting on 26's, Probably getting free food.
laugh.gif
Car looked terrible.
indifferent.gif
sick.gif

That car with the Cheerios doesn't look that bad (Well the paint job doesn't). I've seen some with terrible paint jobs.

Polo, Demps, or any Texas dude will tell you, Go to OakCliff and you'll see a bunch of these cars.

Alot of those cars aren't painted...... Alot of them are wrapped with a clear tint type film.... It peals right off...a place near my house does it... Ugly as hell on any car..... No car lover in they right mind would do that to a 95 - 96 impala

Originally Posted by loskickking23

Alot of those cars aren't painted...... Alot of them are wrapped with a clear tint type film.... It peals right off...a place near my house does it... Ugly as hell on any car..... No car lover in they right mind would do that to a 95 - 96 impala

Didn't know about this, Always thought it was just paint. Most of those cars look awful, Especially when the paint starts peeling off.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by loskickking23

Didn't know about this, Always thought it was just paint. Most of those cars look awful, Especially when the paint starts peeling off.
sick.gif

Yeah ..... Most of em are just wrapped.... Pretty cheap to get done too...That's why it's so many done...

Back
Top Bottom