Is $18k too much for a 1996 Impala SS?

Knowing the car, I actually do like the size of this impala. Even though I do like it, 18k seems pretty high.

Originally Posted by Kramer

How is a 96 impala classic?

eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by polorico

They did not make many of these cars.

These are true texas legend type @*# ....

Every dudes dream in the hood is to have a 96 triple black SS.

i would not pay that much for one , for that price you could get a new one.

Classic body style though. Chevy bubbles look cold when they are clean with 2s or 4s on em.

and you dont put no damn turbos on a LT1

10532871.jpg

that joint is 2 smoooooth
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
This guy knows his stuff.

All these "It's too old" comments and "You can get a better car for 18" talk. None of that matters. It's like how "Non Sneaker Heads" view us "Sneaker Heads", no one understands why we pay $200 for a pair of shoes, everyone thinks we are crazy because we wait 19 hours in line for a pair of shoes but little do they know how much these sneakers mean to us. You guys don't get it. This Isn't just any 17 year old car, this is a 96' Impala SS. Where I'm from, this car is not just a classic, it is a statement, an achievement and a privilege to own one of these. People will kill to own a 96 SS, especially here in Texas. Here in Houston when we see one these bad boys rolling by, stalk or custom, our necks are broken. OP you need to talk them down to 14 or 15k and drive like a boss. Anyone Hatin on a 96 Impala SS is a clown in my eyes eff what you think
pimp.gif

i think for a very select few people, they will appreciate that car...as for the general public, they'll see a chevy and not as much as even think about it twice, but they'd be more likely to notice if you got a used mercedes or beemer. for example, $18k could get you a 2003 m3 or a fully loaded 2006 3 series.

if you want that car, then go for it. you shouldn't be asking anyone else if it's worth it, because only you know if it's worth it to yourself.

Originally Posted by polorico

They did not make many of these cars.

These are true texas legend type @*# ....

Every dudes dream in the hood is to have a 96 triple black SS.

i would not pay that much for one , for that price you could get a new one.

Classic body style though. Chevy bubbles look cold when they are clean with 2s or 4s on em.

Originally Posted by All Ready

like polorico said, these cars are very popular in texas especially in the houston area and i don't know anyone that would drop 18k on it that's not thickly breaded

This.

I have 2 friends that drive a 90's Imapala (don't know the exact year, but looks very simlilar to this)

I see dude posting all kinds of prices in here, Didn't know that 96 was worth that much.
eek.gif
sick.gif

Depends on the condition...this was a very sought after car and only got more sought after when they stopped producing this body style. So with anything that people want...your going to pay for it. I would expect a $3k-$4k mark up on this car if the mileage is original and accurate all maintenance records available and outside it a 9.5/10... If you want it and have the money to get then buy it...is it pricey...yes...but think about the mark up that you have to pay for shoes on this website and others...are Air Jordans really work $400, $500...$800. Nah I don't think so but we pay it, so it all boils down to what it important to you. 96 Impala SS is a clean $++ whip...

Originally Posted by kangaroobombs

Originally Posted by ninjahood

sick.gif
tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif
file.php
Pardon my ignorance but this looks like every other car I've ever seen drive down the road
Exactly. CLassic car, my +%+. 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Looks so dull and unappealing.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
impala9.jpg

ya got no taste...this car is sinister as @@*$....if i had extra money to play around with, id cop a caprice, add a floor shifter, swap da LT1 for a LS engine. and go haaaaam.

Nt is the biggest hypocrites. Y'all pay hundreds. Thousands for old shoes. Drive broken down old high mileage BMW's and benzes.

If you were trying to get an m3 with 200k miles you get nothin but
pimp.gif

Anyways 18 sounds real high. in the bay solid cars with under 100k go for 10. That's a big mark up just for low miles.
If your gonna drive it shop around and get one with a few more miles for half the price.
These are cop cars. So they will hit 300k easy if you take care of them.
I don't know where all the unreliable #*++ comes from.
Pops has a silverado with 200k with no problems.

roll.gif
At these responses. (96 impala? too old, get a used M3)  Some of ya'll know absolutely nada about cars

I'll admit I'm not sure what the 96 impala's are going for right now but last I checked like 7 years ago, they were in the 16-20K range. Not sure right now though. Classic car though

39092094003_large.jpg

sick.gif

I know cats down in Texas cats roll them rims but just don't look right on that type of car

Originally Posted by mossman75

39092094003_large.jpg

sick.gif

I know cats down in Texas cats roll them rims but just don't look right on that type of car
yea, that car is too modern lookin for those rims...

Originally Posted by ninjahood

How is a 96 impala classic?
sick.gif
tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif
file.php
Pardon my ignorance but this looks like every other car I've ever seen drive down the road
unless you live in chicago or minneapolis i don't believe you.  even the  bubble scene has cooled out here.

Back
Top Bottom