Iron Man 3 (Movie Thread)-05/03/13 - New Trailer pg12 - Suits on Suits on Suits

>>>>

Is Thanos really being saved for Avengers 3? Avengers 2 will be loaded including GotG so I thought Thanos is all in for the Avengers 2?

Marvel can't just giving us Thanos' minions just to try and milk the franchise, then again they did with the suits and product placements in IM3 so who knows. Sadly, they know people will watch no matter what, IM3 is now second to Avengers in first weekend numbers.
Look how bad fantastic four turned out, I mean galatcus was a ucking cloud
So the possibility of thanos being saved for Avengers 3 is very plausible and probably will happen
Also look how they did venom for Spider-Man 3

Marvel isn't Sony or Fox, for the most part Marvel knows how to execute. I mean we already saw Thanos, he isn't going to be a cloud or Topher Grace. Whedon also knows what he is doing, he is a comic book geek and I doubt he'll massacre Thanos the way Venom, Galactu and Mandarin have been portrayed.

Anything is plausible of course but I just thought you have a solid info that says he is saved for A3. I mean Venom & Galactus being crap is no indication Thanos won't be in A2. I mean GotG has the Collector as the main villain, who also has a strong connection to Thanos, which could easily connect to them being in A2 to bring Thanos down.

My guess, I think he will be in A2 but probably not have the biggest part but still more than just a quick cameo he had in A1. Marvel seems to be planning this whole franchise for decades to come so I wouldn't be surprised if none of it ends at phase 3. The upcoming movies before A2 seems to be affected by the events of the Avengers film and in A2, Thanos will have his hand which will affect the individual movies in phase 3 and may conclude with Thanos in A3 where a new villain will be introduced or tease a new plan by Thanos. These are all guesses and they could easily put Thanos in A2 w/o a problem, they do not even have to beat him.

I enjoyed the movie... The Mandarin twist was >D though, not gonna lie.

The hell was that after the credits too? :lol:

you can find those kind of flaws in any summer movie. Obadiah stane jumps into an iron man suit with no training and fights tony. Vanko opens his suits mask and doesnt just self destruct all of the drones ahead of time to kill tony and rhodie

thats just part of screenwriting. if you can believe everything else that happened up to that point, pepper surviving a dose isnt that much of a stretch.. Plus those suits were getting taken out way too easily even b4 that

Huh?

Obadiah Stane is a genius and helped make that suit. Why wouldn't he be able to pilot it?

Vanko? What does that matter? Mickey Rourke not self destructing in time. Ok, Is it supposed to be instant or something? He programmed it? Who knows if it would've killed them anyway?

And the whole movie was horrible. The ending was probably the most ridiculous which is what I mean.

All I wanted was the Extremis suit. **** would've been ill.

from a screenplay view, the stane thing was a pull. Him being a genius has nothing to do with him being able to pilot a mech suit. Tony built his and went through various tests with the flight etc. Stanes suit was barely finished before he piloted it. No growing pains or anything. he didnt even have a power source until the end of the movie. Just get in it and go. Thats bad writing. Im not excusing im3, but lets not just selectively pick things out.

and th vanko thing, I was saying he put in self destruct codes in the drones, but didnt use them until the most inopportune time.

Last edited:
I think Vanko felt like he didn't need the self destruct unless he actually lost, I mean that is a signature final measure for villains so I am not sure that is bad writing, just a cliche.

Have people ever read Tales of Suspense #39? The Iron Man writers did one hell of a job updating the story. But Iron Man 3 ... I'll never agree or accept that as a legitimate effort. It was slapped together by the studio to salvage some behind the scenes crisis. Like writers and directors not agreeing to the compromise of a otherwise great franchise.

With that being said the top 3 Marvel movies to me are:

#1: Blade
#2: The Amazing Spider-Man
#3: Iron Man

The Incredible Hulk deserves a highly regarded honorable mention but it was destroyed when Mark Ruffalo assumed the role... Norton is better than both Bana and Ruffalo

...you can keep their sequels out of this equation.

Last edited:
I believe there will be an Iron Man 4. Simply because he goes into retirement, which he does in the comic series. He comes out eventually. They will probably show that in The Avengers 2. 

I am starting to piece the story together in my mind. Thor is going to let Loki out in Thor 2, as seen in the trailer. Loki is going to cause more problems with the infinity gem, and a problem from the dark realm. Who knows.

I am kind of hoping Iron Man is in Guardians of the Galaxy,

Anyway, pretty good movie.

Blade doesn't get enough respect for the role it had in really kicking off the comic movie genre.

Norton is definitely better than Ruffalo. Don't get me started on Bana.

Last edited:
This movie SUCKED.

They whor'd out those suits like there wasn't NO tomorrow. I mean damn what's it to be a super hero if anybody can hop in the suit and save the world.smh

This was as bad as those spiderman movies.

This movie SUCKED.

They whor'd out those suits like there wasn't NO tomorrow. I mean damn what's it to be a super hero if anybody can hop in the suit and save the world.smh

This was as bad as those spiderman movies.
Pepper Potts, Norman Osborne, Obidiah Stane, and Col. Rhodes got their own suits in the comics. The suit has always been *****d out.

I liked all the random appearances, like Igor. It was cool IMO

Last edited:
Tony said that the suits were tailored to his dna. Thats why rhodey didnt have one At the end.

Only time any other people were in a suit was when tony PUT the suit on pepper, and war machine, which was obviously made to accomodate someone other than tony

Yall mustve forgot that tony stark aint got no superpowers without his suit, so sayin that its whack that anybody can put it on is silly

Blade doesn't get enough respect for the role it had in really kicking off the comic movie genre.

Norton is definitely better than Ruffalo. Don't get me started on Bana.
The overall Hulk plot was dope ...and Abomination was a beast. Everything you'd expect .

Blade is the only Marvel film to get the R rating which was needed to execute Blade's story properly.

Blade was really doesn't get the credit it deserves.

Ruffalo sucks... Period. I dismiss the first Hulk movie as a student film. Gets NO respect from me, I'll never click play on that.

At least Thanos looks bad *** at the end of A1 lol.

And omg I'm watching Iron Man 1 and he just got in Mark II.

:smokin

The overall Hulk plot was dope ...and Abomination was a beast. Everything you'd expect .

Blade is the only Marvel film to get the R rating which was needed to execute Blade's story properly.

Ruffalo sucks... Period. I dismiss the first Hulk movie as a student film. Gets NO respect from me, I'll never click play on that.
This

It looks like they will throw any disgrace of a scenario on the big screen knowing people will pay and watch BECAUSE we have to.
All these movies are basically shoe in's until the championship match gets here i.e. Avengers 2/3.
Do these people even read the comics when making the scripts??

Marvel isn't Sony or Fox, for the most part Marvel knows how to execute. I mean we already saw Thanos, he isn't going to be a cloud or Topher Grace. Whedon also knows what he is doing, he is a comic book geek and I doubt he'll massacre Thanos the way Venom, Galactu and Mandarin have been portrayed.

Anything is plausible of course but I just thought you have a solid info that says he is saved for A3. I mean Venom & Galactus being crap is no indication Thanos won't be in A2. I mean GotG has the Collector as the main villain, who also has a strong connection to Thanos, which could easily connect to them being in A2 to bring Thanos down.

My guess, I think he will be in A2 but probably not have the biggest part but still more than just a quick cameo he had in A1. Marvel seems to be planning this whole franchise for decades to come so I wouldn't be surprised if none of it ends at phase 3. The upcoming movies before A2 seems to be affected by the events of the Avengers film and in A2, Thanos will have his hand which will affect the individual movies in phase 3 and may conclude with Thanos in A3 where a new villain will be introduced or tease a new plan by Thanos. These are all guesses and they could easily put Thanos in A2 w/o a problem, they do not even have to beat him.
Been a fan of joss whedon since Buffy, but you don't really know what the suits behind marvel will accept, etc...hopefully they give him free reign and thanos is in the second avenger movie but to look for indicators of present behavior look at the past... Every marvel movie that has made it to a sequel or a third film has been down right terrible
Fantastic four (was epic f*kery from day one)
Blade ( the last one was just horrible but Wesley invested most of his money and was tired of the suits)
Spider man ( can't express the amount of anger with this movie, being venom/carnage are my favorite enemies)
Now ironman
It's like they try to cram all these characters and forget certain elements or try to please fanboys( like myself to an extent) but forget the story telling
But then pop up with a relaunch
All I am saying is hopefully whedon can break that curse and they let him cook
Edit: forgot how they did xmen
Just watched xmen last stand on fx and how they decimated one of the most beloved franchises, smh
Also the first wolverine movie was beyond craptastic( they could have went his origins way or told the story of weapon x but threw elements of both stories together, mixed facts, had a random gambit and made it pg-13, wish they would make a Logan film like tdk but one can only wish the second one is better because this thread has me on edge for that film

Last edited:
The last Blade was terrible largely because they were pushing Biel and Reynolds. That caused Snipes to have a fall out with Goyer and the studio which is why he wasn't in the TV show.

How did he seem out of place?

Not the character but the idea of him jumping into a suit in the last 15 minutes and having an all out brawl. That was out of place. Aldridge was at least established as being a brawler

Aldridge is established as a villain that wants to take over the world so I get him doing what he did. Stane was about money but starts destroying la in a fight

THIS. It took Iron man months to fully know how to use the suit, it took the villian like 5 minutes to know. Cmon now

Watched it earlier today and really liked it. Can't wait for Thor, Captain American & the next Avenger films.

This >>>>>>>>>>IM3

I like the theory Fresh Like Will presented though.

Maybe it'll unfold in the next Avengers flick?

:lol: Probably not but there's nothing wrong with hope.

As much as I would like to take credit for it, it was JaysRcrak's idea. I don't think the story of IM3 was ever supposed to be that deep though. The movie was pretty simplistic.

This

Yeah. That Eric Bana Hulk gets no love. It was all kinds of bad. Ed Norton was the perfect Bruce Banner. I was alright with Mark Ruffalo, but his role didn't seem that significant to affect the movie for me either way. The CG action parts with Hulk in Avengers were really good too. I would have to see him in a singular Hulk movie other than being in the Avengers to really have an opinion on the switch.

The more I actually think about the bait and switch in IM3 and what they reduced Mandarin too, the more annoyed I become. Plus the overly jokey and sarcastic movie. There are a few comic book movies that would work as comedies, but to me, Iron Man shouldn't be one of them.

Last edited:
That's bullcrap. I understand the casual audience and the regular people who feel like their knowledgable about the marvel universe because they watched all the movies leading up to avengers :rollseyes but no one can dare justify what they did in this movie. If you didn't grow up on the comics than chill out with the "mandarin twist wasn't that bad comments". Hollywood just gave us comic nerds the biggest middle finger. It's obvious to see that they just need source material as a blueprint for the film. They're just cashing off the name now

this. I didn't even read Iron man comics back in the day and even I thought that twist was total crap and stupid. I couldn't believe they did that. from the reviews I watched on youtube (except for one) they just swept the twist under the rug like it was no big deal. it seems like they was giving this film a huge pass despite all the flaws it had.

movie was pretty good

but could have been a lot better

the mandarin... not being a real character was such a disappointment.

the bad guys jumping inside the suit and knowing how to use it already was stupid when it tony starks a while to even manuever through his own suit.

at least this was superior to iron man 2

Back
Top Bottom