Iron Man 3 (Movie Thread)-05/03/13 - New Trailer pg12 - Suits on Suits on Suits

:rofl: @ you being a "real" iron man fan, what makes your opinion any more valuable then the next person?

The movie was great

At the end of the day, your opinion is your opinion. But there's also a reason people demand "qualified" judges for various competitions; because their knowledge of the material makes their opinion more valid than someone who walked in from the street. I don't know whether he's a "real" iron man fan or not, but I think the consensus from many iron man fans is that the movie spat in the face of its source material in numerous ways, and was somewhat of a shame to the iron man franchise. I'd say the opinions of those who have been following the iron man franchise for a while and have developed an in-depth knowledge of ARE more valuable than the next person's opinion.

he doesn't say it outright

Well, due to the lack of praise, i will be watching this from the laptop tonight. Not worth the risk of my hard earned 20 bucks!

he doesn't say it outright

Damn.. By the time Avengers 3 comes out RDJ will be like 54. Lol. Probably put down the suit of armor after 3.

But yo.. Don't think anyone will ever be able to be Tony Stark again LOL. RDJ was perfect.

Ya bugging man. This was the best one in the series. After a 2nd watch (first time I went with groups of friends) i went solo In the afternoon and really focused, it was dope.

Could have been better? Ofcourse. Weak at times but it delivered, all that matters
I'm gonna go back again for sure. The line was super long last night so I may wait until this weekend.

Ehh. It was better than the first 2. IMO favreau isn't a very good director. I don't really care about the changes made to the mandarin. I could've told u they weren't going to go the magic rings route

How did he seem out of place?

Not the character but the idea of him jumping into a suit in the last 15 minutes and having an all out brawl. That was out of place. Aldridge was at least established as being a brawler

Aldridge is established as a villain that wants to take over the world so I get him doing what he did. Stane was about money but starts destroying la in a fight

Last edited:
Iron Man 1 was amazing. Honestly.

I'm mad at myself for not owning it on Blu Ray yet but I'm waiting for the trilogy pack lol.

Two days later and I'm still legitimately baffled at what I saw. :\

Even if you didn't watch the cartoon or know about general Iron Man story arcs you have to see this movie was full of terrible ideas and was flat out bad writing.

Just take the turn of events at the ending. Stark did everything he could and couldn't defeat Mallen/The Mandarin/Killian.

And yet Pepper ******g Potts body accepts the extremis dose, comes back to life and she somehow gains elite combat training and abilities as well. She not only takes out one of Tony's suits, but has the wherewithal to use it against Killian and finally kill him.

Like who in the **** thought that was a good ending to this movie? :lol:

Two days later and I'm still legitimately baffled at what I saw. :\

Even if you didn't watch the cartoon or know about general Iron Man story arcs you have to see this movie was full of terrible ideas and was flat out bad writing.

Just take the turn of events at the ending. Stark did everything he could and couldn't defeat Mallen/The Mandarin/Killian.

And yet Pepper ******g Potts body accepts the extremis dose, comes back to life and she somehow gains elite combat training and abilities as well. She not only takes out one of Tony's suits, but has the wherewithal to use it against Killian and finally kill him.

Like who in the **** thought that was a good ending to this movie? :lol:

you can find those kind of flaws in any summer movie. Obadiah stane jumps into an iron man suit with no training and fights tony. Vanko opens his suits mask and doesnt just self destruct all of the drones ahead of time to kill tony and rhodie

thats just part of screenwriting. if you can believe everything else that happened up to that point, pepper surviving a dose isnt that much of a stretch.. Plus those suits were getting taken out way too easily even b4 that

Last edited:
you can find those kind of flaws in any summer movie. Obadiah stane jumps into an iron man suit with no training and fights tony. Vanko opens his suits mask and doesnt just self destruct all of the drones ahead of time to kill tony and rhodie
Obadiah and Vanko are both geniuses though... 

I think we all pretty much agree Iron Man 3 was probably the worst of the trilogy by far.

Nice find on that Fin Fang Foom reference from IM rck2sactown.

Since we are talkin about Fin Fang Foom I figured Id dig up some of my old comic cards that are relevant to this thread.

Fin Fang Foom

Iron Man

Avengers

Captain America

Thor

Hulk

Guardians Of The Galaxy

Charlie 27 (GoG)

Silverhawk(GoG)

And Last But certainly not least!

I swear to God they better not **** up this villian. EVER.

Spoiler tags...we off that.

I didn't mind that the shrapnel was removed from Tony's body, but have him toss the Arc Reactor off a Malibu cliff? I mean I know he can easily make another one, but I'm betting that when he appears in Avengers 2, he'll have one of those unanswered appearances and just show up in a suit like the ending of 3 didn't happen.

EDIT: As I stated before, Guy Pearce was great as the villain, but then I started thinking how epic IM3 could have been have they kept Ben Kingsly as the real Mandarin...I know having Kingsly in a final battle would have been weird, but remember the Mandarin had his rings with different powers and then he would have had Fin Fang Foom. The final battle involving the rings and a damn dragon, against Tony, Rhodey and then all the other suits would follow. What could have been :smh:

Last edited:

thats just part of screenwriting. if you can believe everything else that happened up to that point, pepper surviving a dose isnt that much of a stretch.. Plus those suits were getting taken out way too easily even b4 that

Huh?

Obadiah Stane is a genius and helped make that suit. Why wouldn't he be able to pilot it?

Vanko? What does that matter? Mickey Rourke not self destructing in time. Ok, Is it supposed to be instant or something? He programmed it? Who knows if it would've killed them anyway?

And the whole movie was horrible. The ending was probably the most ridiculous which is what I mean.

All I wanted was the Extremis suit. **** would've been ill.

Back
Top Bottom