iPhone: Post everything here

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Here's my wallpaper and theme that I've been using for a while now:

I dimmed the theme because I liked the maroon color more than the acutal red. It also matched the wallpaper a lot better too.

I got bored and flipped the text bubbles too. Definitely an eye-catcher. The colors are a lot brighter on the phone, but you get the picture.
woow thats nice how do i do that??

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

I woke up the other day and the first thing I said to myself was, "I miss my iPhone."

I'm not gonna go out and try to buy one but ever since then I have been looking up iPhones and everything. Anybody know if it's ever possible it will be with another cell phone provider ever? I know they have a exclusive contract right now but when that ends will they go to other carriers?

there are rumors that iPhones will soon be available to CDMA providers

Anyone have problems saving their game play? like Im playing Super mario world on the snes and I cant seem to save it. and even pokemon yellow on the gameboy.anyone ??

I woke up the other day and the first thing I said to myself was, "I miss my iPhone."

I'm not gonna go out and try to buy one but ever since then I have been looking up iPhones and everything. Anybody know if it's ever possible it will be with another cell phone provider ever? I know they have a exclusive contract right now but when that ends will they go to other carriers?
I just read yesterday that Verizon might be the next to have the phone.
Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Normal Theme dude, is your last row not working also on your iPhone?
What do you mean?

nerd.gif
rwfanatic wrote:

I just read yesterday that Verizon might be the next to have the phone.

where'd you read that?
nerd.gif

^ Modmyi.com formerly modmyifone.com

NCTwin

How did you get the screenshot of your lock screen? When I press home and the power button nothing happens.

Originally Posted by dalilboy

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Here's my wallpaper and theme that I've been using for a while now:

I dimmed the theme because I liked the maroon color more than the acutal red. It also matched the wallpaper a lot better too.

I got bored and flipped the text bubbles too. Definitely an eye-catcher. The colors are a lot brighter on the phone, but you get the picture.
woow thats nice how do i do that??

I'm glad you like it. All you have to search for themes through Installer after you've jailbroken your phone. I used Make It Mine to change mycarrier from T-Mobile to B-Mobile (my name's Brandon, so it fit). You can change the color of the text bubbles through Customize. That's where youalso can change the lock screen. I changed it so that it matches the PRODUCT(RED) theme and I put my name in it (Thanks Shay!!). It's not too hard to do,but at the same time some themes won't let you preview, so you may have to install it first to see if you even like it. I always liked PRODUCT(RED) ingeneral, so it was love at first sight when I saw how good this one looked.

rw I used a screenshot app off of Installer instead of the regular Apple one. I didn't think there was any difference between the two, but I'mstill using 1.1.4 and that's the only way I can take screenshots without updating.

Having a major problem here,

About 2 hours ago, my iPhone was working fine (unlock/jailbroken) on Tmobile. Than I went to send a text and it said "No Service", so I startedwalking around my house to get service which usually pops up fine, but this time it didn't. So I shut my phone off, turn it back on a few mins later, still"No Service", I did this 3 more times, and the same message, "No Service". No I'm sorta of panicing, I can't use my phone andI'm thinking my iPhone is done.

So I put my sim card into my Tmobile branded RAZR 2 (my previous phone before my iPhone), and it's reading "Emergency Only". It too could notpick up ANY reception through out my house, so I now figured it's not my iPhone, it has to be my SIM card? I'm new to this thing, so what do I do, callTmobile or just get a new SIM card at there store? I'm lost
frown.gif

NVM, woke up this morning and had reception (full bars) and sim works in my RAZR2. Strange what happen, sort of like a outtage or something.

i think im gunna finally try to jailbreak my iphone where can i get the latest version of WinPwn

Spore Origins is dope. That Audi A4 game is bananas also, decent graphics for a iPhone game.
smokin.gif

how can i get the 2.1 update for the ipod touch for free. my gf needs to stop playing games on my iphone

anyone got some installer resources i dl spore and crash and some other apps that cost money for free, let me know if you have any other

uhmm i was wondering can i still get a 1st generation iPHONE at the apple store.....i know its stupid but can you choose not to have internet on your iPHONE?

One of the most wanted features that Apple currently doesn't allow are background processes, or the ability for an app or part ofan app to run in the background even after it's been closed or exited. Apple doesn't allow them because they drain batterylife,but a lot of cool stuff doesn't work without them. Fortunately, the hacking community has created a temporary solution that could be a great reason tojailbreak that iPhone.

The hack is fittingly named iPhone-Backgrounder, and it's available for jailbroken iPhones through Cydia. Running the software,you can go to the app you want to keep open and hold down the home button until a prompt pops up. Then, if you let go and exit the app, it will continue to runin the background while you do other things. Best of all, the hack works both on jailbreak apps and apps downloaded from the App Store. (One user reportedlistening to Pandora while receiving background IMs and syncing at the same time!)

Unfortunately, iPhone-Backgrounder does require you to jailbreak your iPhone, so if you're really against doing that then you're out of luck(although this is probably one of the best reasons to jailbreak yet).

It is still a little bit buggy with duped IMs, but otherwise should run relatively well.

[via Gizmodo]

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ImRobindaHood

Question

is it possible to jailbreak the iphone 3g if I have 2.1 update and itunes 8.0?

yep. I have the same thing.

www.Quickpwn.com

I'm lost on this new jailbreaking stuff what's the simplest way to do so on 2.1?
Use that link up there. All you do is download that and connect your Ipod and follow the quick directions and your good to go.

1. to that dude asking about saving games... you need to go to your snes, gba or gps folder and change the permission.octal to 777 .. also the rom folder..

what is the difference between insomnia and backgrounder?

I'm an iphone noob also. I have the original with the update and itunes 8. can i jailbreak that? if so can someone give me the link?
and I'm not too sure of the term "jailbreak" but does that mean convert to a different carrier or just get all the extra stuff. thanks ionadvance.

Back
Top Bottom