Information Technology (IT)

yea that sounds like telling me to date an uglier ***** from now because then the pretty *****es will see you with the ugly ***** and know that if you can be with a pretty ***** you can be with an ugly *****

Similarly, if I take a pay cut on purpose it is of desperation/lack of options. Like I did take a ****** job at Immigration while I was waiting for my FAA/GDIT job to come through, their processing was supposed to take months and obviously I just had to keep money coming in

Anyone here have any experience with SEO and google ads?

Or know any resources I could learn from?

got a job offer for a 20k raise but it’s onsite 5 days a week and it’s 30 min away from me.

sam position im doing now.

currently i’m 95% remote and if I do travel my company expenses it.

yall think it’s worth it or nah?

It depends. How much is gas based on mileage? Plus you’re adding miles to your car. And maybe you like the convenience of remote work.

I drive about 60 miles a day and hate my office environment lol.

I got bored then got my security +. Not sure if I should apply for jobs with it or what not. I won’t lie. I barely studied but passed it. Does it really get me more $???

That’s a great question, I would say you’re crazy for not taking a $20K raise but if you’re currently 95% remote and that makes you 100% there then it’s a 50-50. I would say if you or your family would change by that pay increase, whether it be vacations even or otherwise, I’d take it.

That’s a great question, I would say you’re crazy for not taking a $20K raise but if you’re currently 95% remote and that makes you 100% there then it’s a 50-50. I would say if you or your family would change by that pay increase, whether it be vacations even or otherwise, I’d take it.
Appreciate the feedback. Right now I’m currently 100% remote so it would take a lot for me to switch around. I don’t think it’s complacency but I do wonder if it’ll enable a higher earning

I think im gonna pass. I just cant fade driving on 495 traffic every morning.

I can barley wake up for 10AM meetings so I dont think this 20k raise is worth it. if it was hybrid then it wouldve been an easier choice

I think im gonna pass. I just cant fade driving on 495 traffic every morning.

I can barley wake up for 10AM meetings so I dont think this 20k raise is worth it. if it was hybrid then it wouldve been an easier choice
Oh nah you should have said 495. 30 mins away is not 30 mins away during rush hour, pass. That's probably at least 2 hours of your day you get back plus all the remote. That's more than 20k or at least a role with growth that sets you up for much more.

I’d pass as well. Boeing out here was scrambling for Sys Admins they was talking 145k+ plus TS SCI then he said on site full time, nah breh. Plus it’s not a satellite site on base but in their actual headquarters which I have been to before to interview for a Dell/Apex Helpdesk job and didn’t like the vibes. And in my case we’d be talking 20 minutes commute probably 100% on site compared to my current 1 day a week on site, very lax very low stress gig.

I have a friend who just got his A+ plus and security+ trying to break into IT. He has a degree and accounting experience, some call center experience and worked at Best Buy. Any suggestions? I was telling him to go the clearance route but he lives in NOLA. He's willing to move to Texas.

make an account on clearancejobs, clearedjobs.gov, indeed,zip,nexxt, and lensa and of course linkedin. Never turn it off

Don’t have to do all the sites at once. A lot of times when you find something to apply for, it’ll make you create a job seeker account one of the aggregators.

got a job offer for a 20k raise but it’s onsite 5 days a week and it’s 30 min away from me.

How much flexibility do you have at your current job? I got a similar offer except it was onsite 2x per week, so I told my current employer that I needed to take some time off and worked the new job for a month lol. Hated the commute, so I went back to my old job :lol:.

How much flexibility do you have at your current job? I got a similar offer except it was onsite 2x per week, so I told my current employer that I needed to take some time off and worked the new job for a month lol. Hated the commute, so I went back to my old job :lol:.

def have some flexibility but not enough to juggle 2 jobs at once.

Initially I would say yeah take the job, however a lot of factors come into that decision once you get past the money. The new job will require more from you, because you don't find an easier job paying more. You will need to either up your wardrobe for being in the office or dry cleaning your clothes for work, having to deal with people in the office, traffic, a new boss. People NEVER leave a job because of an amazing boss, the boss is annoying if just a little. Also as someone mentioned gas driving to work, the inconvenience of being in the office. 95% remote, means you can leave Thursday night and log on anywhere and not have to use that 1 day of PTO, or two days if you leave Wednesday.
absolutely. Its an IAT Level 1 cert for the Government, literally can get 6 figures with just that
IAT Level II unless they changed it.

Trying to get some input, and other points of view. Last year I graduated from George Mason with a master's in technology management. When performance reviews came around, I got a 2K raise. Am I being unreasonable or expecting too much from a master's? I've been in IT for 25 years, and I've been with the company for 6 years. After getting my master's, I expected a bigger raise. Should I start looking around for something paying more or am I being unreasonable?

It's been a while since I passed my CASP, so I renewed it this year. I've been trying to avoid studying for CISSP.

Trying to get some input, and other points of view. Last year I graduated from George Mason with a master's in technology management. When performance reviews came around, I got a 2K raise. Am I being unreasonable or expecting too much from a master's? I've been in IT for 25 years, and I've been with the company for 6 years. After getting my master's, I expected a bigger raise. Should I start looking around for something paying more or am I being unreasonable?

It's been a while since I passed my CASP, so I renewed it this year. I've been trying to avoid studying for CISSP.

Brother I hope you didn't pay out of pocket, and they covered the expenses for that degree.

Might be different coming from a SE perspective, but I looked into the Georgia Tech CS masters program a couple of years ago. Really good program, uniquely low cost at something like $5-6K.

My main interest was just to get a formal CS education since my undergrad degree is in an unrelated field, company probably would have paid for it. But after careful consideration it really didn't seem worth the multiple year time and energy commitment (I would have had to do the part time track while working FT) in the longterm.

Kind of seems to me like you gotta go full hog - MBA and fully transition to the business side and management - for the pursuit of a graduate degree to really be worth it in this industry. Especially once we have skin in the game and years under our belt, but then you're doing different work entirely.

bruh i hate the project management side of IT.

got in trouble cause i forgot to submit an IT disposal request for a large video teleconferencing system we refreshed 💀

I thought I did but i got it mixed with another refresh I did back to back

now the building manager is giving us **** cause we got the old equipment in the freight area and our recycling vendor only comes once a month

i’m an engineer bruh, not a PM

Back
Top Bottom