Information Technology (IT)

IMG_7136.jpeg

CCNP_Collaboration_300px.jpg

welp I finally did it yall.

Passed the second exam yesterday to finally become CCNP Collab Certified.

while I dont plan on leaving UC any time soon, I want to get proficient in other areas as well as a backup plan.

Not sure where to go next in terms of studying.

Last edited:
IMG_7136.jpeg

CCNP_Collaboration_300px.jpg

welp I finally did it yall.

Passed the second exam yesterday to finally become CCNP Collab Certified.

while I dont plan on leaving UC any time soon, I want to get proficient in other areas as well as a backup plan.

Not sure where to go next in terms of studying.
Congrats! I’m lighting a fat *** blunt to celebrate.

Y’all making me want to go get another cert.

Been up all night because of the outage Crowdstrike caused on our windows servers, looks like it’s taken down windows machines worldwide and caused pure chaos. Hopefully you guys aren’t going through it like I am 😂

At least I can use my MacBook, a lot of our PC’s are just bootlooping

Last edited:
Been up all night because of the outage Crowdstrike caused on our windows servers, looks like it’s taken down windows machines worldwide and caused pure chaos. Hopefully you guys aren’t going through it like I am 😂

How are your servers pointed toward crowdstrike? As a proxy? This is my ignorance on the service.

How are your servers pointed toward crowdstrike? As a proxy? This is my ignorance on the service.
Had to read up a few articles. lol.

Heads have to roll. Mad SLAs broken. Their reputation going to take a beating. Working in defense, only seen the McAfee ( or whatever it’s called now), windows defender or Tanium. Seen the McAfee easily take down services due to errant configuration policies.

Had to read up a few articles. lol.

Heads have to roll. Mad SLAs broken. Their reputation going to take a beating. Working in defense, only seen the McAfee ( or whatever it’s called now), windows defender or Tanium. Seen the McAfee easily take down services due to errant configuration policies.

Our IT director already told us we aren’t renewing with Crowdstrike after this, I can’t imagine we are the only company that are leaving them

BM#2 whole *** company is down, worldwide. And their solution is to individually whenever the issue is fixed, call every user or have them call in and give them the bitlocker recovery password then have them run some command prompts: lol NORMAL USERS! I hear her calls, 90% of them can't even read off their computer name. I told her Id quit

They're fully remote but have offices, Id send everyone to the office to reconnect to the domain, IDK. I dont know enough about it but sounds miserable

Thankfully we were able to push updates to our AWS Windows servers and bring them back online. Took a few hours but at least our business is back online

The users/employees is a completely different story and I feel horrible for the Sys Admins. Overwhelming majority of our company uses Windows laptops and they are all locked out. Walking a 55 year old HR rep through safe mode and putting in her bitlocker code sounds like a nightmare…..

Thankfully we were able to push updates to our AWS Windows servers and bring them back online. Took a few hours but at least our business is back online

The users/employees is a completely different story and I feel horrible for the Sys Admins. Overwhelming majority of our company uses Windows laptops and they are all locked out. Walking a 55 year old HR rep through safe mode and putting in her bitlocker code sounds like a nightmare…..
literally quit worthy or taking all my pto, never mind fully remote places that have a multitude of workers who English isn't their first language . I need overtime, hazard pay, per diem, bonus on top of bonus, comp time, a company car, and still no.

and you likely have to give them the break in case of real Emergency local admin password over the phone too because the laptop aint connected to the network so none of your sys admin tools or active directory admin group user ids will work to delete that .sys file.

Back
Top Bottom