Inconsiderate Siblings

A couple of years ago me and my brother went to Kay Jewelers just to look and I ended up with an acct and I wasnt really interested but he wanted me to get aring for him to give to his girl and he said he would make the payments. I eventually gave in and did him the favor and dude wouldn't make payments on iteven after me, my dad, and my sister said something to him.
Dude is always leaving me hanging, I just moved back home in april andI cut the gras s all the time so Saturday he said he would do it but didnt, so after workyesterday I end up cutting it and whenever I confront him he gets all defensive and plays the victim role. Dude is 26 and aint even trying to move out and gethis own spot.
smh.gif

He wont have me to bail him out anymore when I move back to Atl in December, anybody else deal with this?

LOL a 26 year old cutting grass??

anyways..theres no hope for these kinds of people.....unless you send em to bootcamp for a year....

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

anyways..theres no hope for these kinds of people.....unless you send em to bootcamp for a year....
I've given up on trying to motivate him to move out. I'm 23 and I've never seen anyone with such a lack of drive and be content in thesituation they aren't happy with

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

I would either beat him up or take him to court if it was a lot of money
I wouldn't resort to violence but we had a huge blowout over it, toe to toe and he knew he was wrong and apologized and paid it up to datelast week. But it shouldn't be my responsibility to remind him to pay his bill especially if it was a favor

Always be good to your parents...no matter how he acts.
Learn a lesson and know that this is the type of person that he is and that he always will be.
You still love him, but start now with putting your best insterests first. I would go ahead
and let the jewelry store know that you'll be closing the account once the ring is paid for.
If you stop letting him take advantage of you now, it will be easier to keep him from leaching off you in the long
run.

Sounds exactly like me and my older brother. You just have to understand that's how they are, and act accordingly. Don't lend money or personal itemsfreely unless you don't care about getting it back, don't expect them to go 50/50 on any chores if you're still living with your parents, andbasically in any situation that you're in with them, look out for yourself first, cause at the end of the day, that's definitely what they're gonnabe doing. And don't be bitter about it either, it just is what it is, they have selfish, inconsiderate tendencies, but be clear you have no interest inplaying into their games and guilt trips and you're good.

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

I've given up on trying to motivate him to move out. I'm 23 and I've never seen anyone with such a lack of drive and be content in the situation they aren't happy with

I definitely feel you on this one. I'm 23 and my bro is 27 and doesn't ishh. He works and doesn't contribute to help my moms on anything sincehe's still living at home. I'm a college student, came home for the summer and I have to pay bills when I'm here for the summer months. We have afam plan @ Tmobile and he runs the bill up and doesn't offer a single cent. Either my mom pays it or I do. All he does is smoke weed and stay on myspace. Idefinitely can't wait to graduate college and move away. I feel like I'm 27 and he's 23. SMDH!

im19 and my brothers 22 and hes def the one runnin the household... i jus stay home and do *!%#

laugh.gif
it sound like everything that is me and my big bro my mom and pops sit me down when i turned 21 and said if anything was to happen to them i would be incharge of all there things and who get wat

they wasnt saying it but they dont trust my big bro who is 28 to give out things equally
smh.gif
its a shame when yo people kno you money hungry

Be straight up and tell him how you feel and bust his chops, tell him he has nothing going for him.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

do this to him.

eek.gif

O........MG!

- im so glad i grew up without siblings in the house i lived in. some of the things siblings do to one another for whatever reason makes no sense to me
smh.gif

Damn I thought my brother was bad when he didn't do his dishes.
Umm... that's about it. We don't really ask each other for money or anything like that.
But if we did it would be a small amount that no on would really ask for back.

Both of your brothers are crud.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by BlackCease

Sounds exactly like me and my older brother. You just have to understand that's how they are, and act accordingly. Don't lend money or personal items freely unless you don't care about getting it back, don't expect them to go 50/50 on any chores if you're still living with your parents, and basically in any situation that you're in with them, look out for yourself first, cause at the end of the day, that's definitely what they're gonna be doing. And don't be bitter about it either, it just is what it is, they have selfish, inconsiderate tendencies, but be clear you have no interest in playing into their games and guilt trips and you're good.
100% true
pimp.gif

I love my brother and all, but lately it's been
smh.gif

- Drives him to places with no thank yous
- Buys and treats him to things and no thank yous
- Not appreciating the family and disrespecting parents

...Can't stand it.

That's wack, fam. He's just livin' in luxury 'cause he's still at home and not on his own. Once he gets out on his own [if he ever does]you two should have a better relationship. Stuff like this makes me realize how lucky I am that my sister and I are both independent and get along with eachother....not to mention we always had each other's back ever since we were young.

that's my brother. all he cares about is himself and his gf. i dont bother telling him anything, because like your brother, he gets defensive and thinkseverybody is just attacking him. i hope he doesn't regret it later in life. he's only 19, so hopefully he gets his act together before it's toolate

Back
Top Bottom