- Import Cars Vol. JDM -

2n0sils.jpg

sick.gif
smh.gif

Here it is... The SPEC V! Someone want to lend me a lot of money? 160k USD to be exact.

specv2.jpg

specv3.jpg

specv4.jpg

specv1.jpg

the spec V... i'll take an r34 spec v instead
laugh.gif
, at least until the r35 shows it can handle what it should

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

Angel so my Bro got his hood popped by a CHP and the dude didnt know what the hell he was looking at Haha! so my bro played dumb........They only ended up giving him the old "exhaust" fix -it ticket.......could have been way worse
Your brother got very lucky. CHP has stepped up their game when it comes to mods.. Some know exactly how many CATS a car has, know about intakes, blow-off valves, turbos, boost controllers etc...This is a rumor, but they have a booklet of popular engine swaps and carry it around as reference. I have never seen this booklet, but I have noticed most CHP know their stuff. Same goes for LAPD. You can get your hood popped for anything, just depends how much of a prick the cop is. Some even go the extra length and use a mirror to look under for the catalytic converters. Taking them off is a FEDERAL OFFENSE...

trust me, I've played dumb too. the classic "it came with the car" or "thats stock" line always works..

Dunno if you heard about the Porter Ranch raids ...Cops were popping hoods left and right, but these guys knew EXACTLY what to look for.

Angel

Porter Ranch raids?

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
Hell, I'd take a Z-Tune R34 is it wasn't for the hassle of owning one in North America.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

laugh.gif
Hell, I'd take a Z-Tune R34 is it wasn't for the hassle of owning one in North America.
same here. i figure i'll be moving to japan within 3 years, i WILL get my hands on a gt-r...

i dont think thats a vspec gt-r. they are not supposed to have a front license plate frame

Originally Posted by yendro

i dont think thats a vspec gt-r. they are not supposed to have a front license plate frame

[h2]GT-R SpecV: It's Finally Here! Official Press Launch Photos and Details[/h2] [h2]08/01/09[/h2]
03:58:25 am, by Kris , 508 words
Categories: GTRBlog News, Nissan News, V-Spec / Spec-V
[h3]GT-R SpecV: It's Finally Here! Official Press Launch Photos and Details[/h3]

The official media launch of the latest evolution of the Nissan GT-R, The R35 GT-R SpecV was held today at Nissan headquarters in Ginza, Tokyo Japan.

The SpecV had finally arrived for Japanese media to get a look at and photograph. GTRBlog was in town for the launch and now our readers can get their first look at the Spec-V in final production trim. There were three Ultimate Opal Black SpecV GT-Rs and one Brilliant White SpecV GT-R at the launch.

The Nissan GT-R SpecV contains quite a number of improvements over the base model GT-R. Most of which we covered in previous posts on the subject but today Nissan GT-R Chief Engineer, Kazutoshi Mizuno cleared up the details in a detailed talk on the new car.

Carbon Ceramic Brakes

The SpecV is the first Nissan production car to be offered with carbon ceramic brakes. The Brembo 6 piston aluminium calipers are delineated from the standard GT-R by their aluminium colouring and "Brembo Carbon Ceramic" markings. The calipers are physically the same as their standard GT-R cousins but they are fitted with special SpecV brake pads.

The carbon ceramic rotors themselves save significant amounts of unsprung weight while they are also increased in size to 390mm. Both rotors were on hand to pickup and compare. The carbon rotors feeling featherweight compared to the standard items.

Overboost Button

The SpecV features a steering wheel mounted overboost button which shares a switch with the cruise control function. An electronic circuit designed to provide more than standard boost for a short period of time to increase power for overtaking maneuvers for example. When used, the dashboard overboost green light illuminates and the SpecV's midrange torque is increased for the next 80 seconds.

Ultimate Opal Black Color

A second new color is added to the Nissan GT-R lineup this year (after the new Brilliant White was added on the MY09 GT-R series II) called Ultimate Black Pearl. This color is very similar to the Midnight Purple colours on previous GT-R generations. Under some lights it can appear as anything from purple to bronze.

Engine Bay

The engine bay features a new engine cover specific to the SpecV.

Rear Spoiler
The rear spoiler is changed from the standard GT-R. It is slightly higher and is designed to increase rear downforce for sports driving. The wing element section is made from dry carbon fibre with a matte clear coat to protect it from the elements.

One of these new SpecV GT-Rs will set you back 15,750,000 yen including Japanese consumption tax Nissan say. The online SpecV configurator now available however says you can pay up to 17,835,450 yen for the optioned out model including tax.

Nissan will be publicly displaying the Spec-V at four Nissan Gallery locations from tomorrow (9th of January) for three weeks. These locations are:
  • Nissan HQ Gallery, Nissan HQ building Ginza
  • Nissan Gallery, Ginza
  • Nissan Gallery, Nagoya
  • Nissan Gallery, Fukuoka
Words/Photos: Copyright [emoji]169[/emoji] GTRBlog.com 2009. Usage requires a link to GTRBlog.com.

Link: Nissan GT-R SpecV Web Brochure
Link: Nissan GT-R SpecV Configurator

http://www.gtrblog.com/media/blogs/gtrblog/VSpec/gtrblog-specv-presslaunch-25.jpg

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Your cosmetic mods/rims and engine mods/tuning: $4,000

Still getting beat by a stock American or German car: priceless.
let's see... blanket statement all the way. if you're excluding m3's and gt 500's, cars in that price range... there is no stock car beating my evo x with $4k in mods. try again.

to the person who asked, a jdm car is a car sold on the japanese domestic market. some people in this thread are posting civic Si's, a prime example of a car that's not JDM (i owned one).

Actually, if tuned right, even a GT-R or EVO X with $4,000 worth of performance mods can beat an M3.

Apparently you don't know what you're talking about... an M3 with $4,000 worth of mods is barely keeping up with the 2009 GT-R.
I know because I've owned a 2004 M3, they are fast... but not that fast. M5's are faster than M3's and they are a lot heavier.

A buddy of mines owns the new GT-R and they are quick.

Originally Posted by ChrisPhenephom

I honestly think AE86s are overrated. If it weren't for Initial D, this car wouldn't be as popular as it is today. I know a couple people who own AE86s and they said it was nothing special.

they aint Takumi tho
pimp.gif

(or drift king)

gotta know how to use it
devil.gif

QFT

if u read bout the car and the crazy things its been able to pull off u would be singin a differant tune.
its been able to smoke skylines, rx-7s, corvettes, porsches, the list goes on, its one of the most balanced cars ever produced.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by pthickie

finnns2003 wrote:

ThrowedInDaGame wrote:

let's see... blanket statement all the way. if you're excluding m3's and gt 500's, cars in that price range... there is no stock
car beating my evo x with $4k in mods. try again.

to the person who asked, a jdm car is a car sold on the japanese domestic market. some people in this thread are posting civic Si's, a prime example of a
car that's not JDM (i owned one).

Actually, if tuned right, even a GT-R or EVO X with $4,000 worth of performance mods can beat an M3.

Apparently you don't know what you're talking about... an M3 with $4,000 worth of mods is barely keeping up with the 2009 GT-R.
I know because I've owned a 2004 M3, they are fast... but not that fast. M5's are faster than M3's and they are a lot heavier.

Apparently, you don't know what you're talking about. I said the $4,000 worth of parts were going into the GT-R or EVO X, not the M3. And who saidanything about 09 GT-R? I was mainly referring to the R32-34. Of course I know the 09 one can beat an M3.

finnns2003 wrote:

ThrowedInDaGame wrote:

let's see... blanket statement all the way. if you're excluding m3's and gt 500's, cars in that price range... there is no stock
car beating my evo x with $4k in mods. try again.

to the person who asked, a jdm car is a car sold on the japanese domestic market. some people in this thread are posting civic Si's, a prime example of a
car that's not JDM (i owned one).

Apparently, you don't know what you're talking about. I said the $4,000 worth of parts were going into the GT-R or EVO X, not the M3. And who said anything about 09 GT-R? I was mainly referring to the R32-34. Of course I know the 09 one can beat an M3.
And I would still choose an R32,3,4 over an e92 M3 any day of the week.

Originally Posted by sevit86

Originally Posted by ChrisPhenephom

I honestly think AE86s are overrated. If it weren't for Initial D, this car wouldn't be as popular as it is today. I know a couple people who own AE86s and they said it was nothing special.

they aint Takumi tho
pimp.gif

(or drift king)

gotta know how to use it
devil.gif

QFT

if u read bout the car and the crazy things its been able to pull off u would be singin a differant tune.
its been able to smoke skylines, rx-7s, corvettes, porsches, the list goes on, its one of the most balanced cars ever produced.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif
No it isn't dude. It's a mid-80's economy car. Nothing that uses alive rear axle will ever be considered "one of the most balanced cars ever produced." They don't even have adjustable rear camber and toe.

Really, I'm not trying to be a douche, but learn and research from legitimate sources with an open mind. Initial D is not gospel; you're beingbrainwashed by a cartoon.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

let's see... blanket statement all the way. if you're excluding m3's and gt 500's, cars in that price range... there is no stock car beating my evo x with $4k in mods. try again.

to the person who asked, a jdm car is a car sold on the japanese domestic market. some people in this thread are posting civic Si's, a prime example of a car that's not JDM (i owned one).

laugh.gif
the irony. he's not referring to the new r35 gt-r, talking about the older gt-r's.

that spec-v is growing on me, santi. i sat in the base model the last time i was in japan, they had one in the nissan ginza gallery. for some odd reason, thesteering wheel had a huge scratch on it
nerd.gif
smh.gif

ae-86 is popular because of initial D. it WAS a cheap rwd car which is why people use it. nothing about it is a sports car in stock form. what is this aboutit beating vettes?
laugh.gif
apples to oranges man. i don't get why anyone would want anae-86 unless they were at the track all the time. i'm straight on driving one of those buckets around daily.

Back
Top Bottom